Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here we go :cheers: For A bodies only is going to be in :cheers:

They need info I sent him all the threads and will be calling him tomorrow
or he might call me tonight :cheers:

He must have just joined moparenthsiast new member :cheers:

I just got back from visiting family I won't be able to see this thanks giving.

Just had to let yall know :happy10:

thats a good thing.I HOPE THEY DO BOTH STORIES.The one that got away and the one that you got.

thats a good thing.I HOPE THEY DO BOTH STORIES.The one that got away and the one that you got.

I am sure it will be from the beginning,
But that would be up to the writer :clock:

I guess the question he stated was why
and how come yall did this for me.
and a list of who.
So I ask why ? :cheers:
His phone is not excepting messages tonight.:scratch:
who all got this ball rolling I could not stop :color:
Thank you for any input.

hell that is easy....it was the right thing to do. it was for the right person, and was for as good cause as any.

.....and he's excited and rightfully so. Looks like it may happen. I had to go back and look and found post #56 from Treva and that pretty well sums it up. You can give em my phone # if you need to Mike. We'll set em straight. Ray and Sandy are in also. You got the pics so we're good to go. Go FABO.

Congrats Mike. Its a story well worth telling. Especially with the way the country is going right now.

I would like to thanks DJVCuda for talking to the guys at Mopar Enthusiast about the story. Dave is a writer for the magazine and passed all the info on to them.

Right on Memike, you go bud!!! We are all going to benifit from any good press FABO gets. We are all proud of you Mike, give 'em hell!

I think Grumpus was the one that started the ball rolling, then 65s took it and ran with it. Was my car at first, then it moved on to the 66 after people thought it was too far and the 66 was closer to Mike, plus cheaper.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=36756

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=37879

Congrats Mike, it's a great story no matter how it turns out. I think people will be impressed with the folks on this site.

Thank you sooooo much rmchrgr :cheers:
I sent the two threads to him, That sure saved me allot of time.
You are correct Grumpus was the one that mentioned it and
65s started this thread "We want to buy MeMike this car - wanna help?"
Thank you again rmchrgr

Thats awesome Mike, congrats!! Its a GREAT story and like was said needs to be to told!!

Here is a thread I don't ever remember my wife righting

So much was going on and I was overwhelmed and did not know what to do but go out side and gather myself that night.

I found it she wrote back then

Now that I'm 1/2 owner in a A-body, I thought I'd better join (JUST KIDDING Mike) I promise I will not interrupt to often, but had to sign up to send a message to the Hero's on FABO. Not only to the contributors on car but to all the ones who have made him laugh, think, helped him with ideas, and who has gotten pissed off, with him (over the 63) and those who just took the time to say hello. Words can not express the gratitude that we feel. This week has been an amazing journey in Mikes life, in a much needed time. The joy and love that everyone has shown for him is like none other but pure brotherly (sisterly) love. Unconditional, unforseen and unmistaken.

Mike is still in shock and exhausted but will get back to normal soon, posting and reading like crazy. A special thanks to Small Block, Kathy, Ray, Susan and Kevin for the great hospitality they gave us today. Treva
page 73 in " Memike Has An A-body"

It`s about time this story be told in it`s entirety. Most, but not all of the members here know the story, now the rest of the Mopar world needs to hear it.

hell that is easy....it was the right thing to do. it was for the right person, and was for as good cause as any.
Thank you for your kind words and input
He may want you talk to some members, We will see.:clock:

What's the scoop Mike? Keep us posted. Don't make me come down there and pry it out of ya. I'll bring that big ugly Vic with me then you'll be in trouble. LOL. Have a good evening buddy. PM me an address if you won't be up for a while and i'll send ya some Missouri Deer jerky. Your friend . Bill

Congrats Mike. Its a story well worth telling. Especially with the way the country is going right now.

I would like to thanks DJVCuda for talking to the guys at Mopar Enthusiast about the story. Dave is a writer for the magazine and passed all the info on to them.

Dont shoot the messenger!!

All Joking aside this story needs to be told, so please take the time and help Jason out, He is the editor for Mopar Enthusiast.

I saw all you guys emailing mopar muscle, mopar action and so far no one has even replied that I know of, so I am glad Mopar Enthusiast is the one stepping up to the plate and getting this feel good story out there!
We've been grass roots from inception and this is proof we are able to back that statement up.

Glad I could help - it took awhile, but at least it's coming out!

Glad I could help - it took awhile, but at least it's coming out!

Thank you for your help getting this story told DJVCUDA.
I sure am enjoying a great gift from the folks here and I hope to make them proud, I drive it to special places and thank the folks here by taking pictures and sharing all of the people that just has got to ask "who's Valiant is that outside" Victoria has really changed the way I feel when I wake up every morning. I have put 10.000 great miles on here and I would say at least that many head turners and smiles and people pointing or waving.
I am doing a few up grades and I am hoping it will be a great 66 Valiant one day to share, I have been to one car show and it got so much attention and the stories that was told of other people owning one and how I came to own this sweet little Valiant I call Victoria.

Here is the last PM I got from Mopar Enthusiast.
I hope it is ok to share this

Re: Info for Mopar Enthusiast magazine story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mike,
Thanks for all the info. I hope it wasn't too much trouble. I should be available tomorrow if you want to talk on the phone.

To be honest, our space is pretty limited, so please don't feel like you have to spend a lot of time on it. I mainly wanted to be able to hit the highlights of your story, and maybe slip in a few "thank you"s for the handful of folks whose help really stood out.

But I wanted to say that I think that what the FABO folks did for you is an amazing display of compassion -- a bunch of "strangers" pulling together to help out someone they hardly know.

I'll check out all the threads that you provided, which I'm sure will give me most of the info I was looking for. But if there's anything you wanted to add to any of that, please feel free to send it along to me.

Thanks! And congratulations on the car!

-jason

first cruze 004.jpg

first cruze 078.jpg

Mopar Enthusiast magazine called me today to talk.:cheers:
Jason and I talked for about 15 minutes and he sure feels proud to see what has happened on this great site, And said from talking to me he can see the joy that the folks here have came together and dun for me.
He seemed to be well informed and said that he has wrote for ford and chebby magazines and see's how tight the Mopar people are compared to
the other's We are a breed of our own and it shows everywhere especially
here at For A Bodies only!! He got my true fillings and how my life has changed every sense I joined in on my first computer.
I Thanked so many people and said how much this site means to me.
OldVart from Canada sure helped me along with understanding the sight and
Tony " onehellofadart" set me up with tiny spell.
He said that I went through allot of B.S. with the 63 and he sure is proud of everyone here that made my life soooo much happier and could not believe
how the little town took up with the old coot.
Sounds like he has been well informed.:read2:
He knows how it got started and the efforts from Small Block to Hawk and all the people that stepped up for this man they did not even know.:crybaby:
Jason will be doing a page and a half with pictures in the February March addition of Mopar Enthusiast magazine.
I am sure he will make us all proud.:cheers:
I am sure yall are tired of hearing me say this But Thank you all and this great site for the big change in my life, Yall have no idea.:happy10:

Your Arkansas Friend Mike S.
Victoria thanks you too.

first cruze 115.JPG

That just awesome Mike!! Glad to hear that you got to talk to him today and that things are going forward as planned! Cant wait to re-read the story from their perspective!

Mike congrats, glad to see your still on your honeymoon with Victoria. I cannot believe you put 10,000 miles on her already, wow??? I agree with someone else here, maybe we can do it again, or maybe help out a family in need for X-mas?

-
Back