Mopar guy from Texas checking in...

-

MoparCowboy

Reaction score
Been a Mopar nut since I bought my first car. A 68 GTX. Then a couple years later, an AHRA raced pure stock (340 4-sp) Barracuda fastback which was purchased with no drivetrain. I promptly dropped in a 440 and automatic from a 67 Chrysler New Yorker. Did a lot of street racing, and beat a lot of small block camaro's. Then came the E-body Cuda's, eventually taking a back seat to work and raising kids. Which brings me to the here and now. An empty nester with an itch to get back to work on my dusty, incapacitated Cuda's.

Now, back to the stuff for you A-body afficionado's. In the past my wife has always been, for the most part, uninterested in all the car show/drag racing, etc. Sooo, to get her more involved in the car hobby, I got her a pink Duster. Walah, all of a sudden she is telling me about upcoming shows. Now, all I have to do is teach her to drive a stick ;-)

The Duster has a few minor things to work on as time permits, and I may have a few questions in that regard. Thanks ahead of time.

C36D08FF-8B7D-4053-888E-A7089581448E.jpeg

Let's see pics of that pink Duster! I'm not against seeing pics of the other Mopars in your fold as well!

Greetings and welcome from NY!

Isn't that the car the that Gateway Classic Cars had in Fort Lauderdale?

Welcome from Kansas. My wife used to be the same way, but one time in a really big show, they lumped all 64-72 cars together; about a hundred or so. There were some really nice cars, so I wasn't really expecting to win anything. We were out looking around, and when we got back, there was a third place ribbon on my car. She was so excited she couldn't stand it. Now she is 100% on board.

Okay, here are a few pics. I promise not to post any more of the E-bods.

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, you will find many of us rock both E bodies and A bodies with some Bs thrown in as well. This site is just far and away the best for tech tips and some seriously opinionated opinions! These guys simply don’t care what ya got as long as you are willing to work on it yourself!

9145CB9D-CD28-48DC-8025-806F9DF160E5.jpeg

Well, for the first time in a long time, I actually have room to open the doors and work on 'em. It almost feels like a "barn find" since the Cuda's have been couped up and covered up so long. Kinda looks that way too, huh? ;-) Besides I still have an original 1924 Model T roadster to go in, along with a 1933 John Deere to restore. But, of course the Cuda's come first.

IMG_6091.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG

Welcome aboard, you will find many of us rock both E bodies and A bodies with some Bs thrown in as well. This site is just far and away the best for tech tips and some seriously opinionated opinions! These guys simply don’t care what ya got as long as you are willing to work on it yourself!

View attachment 1716035650

That is a heck of a shop also. I am debating a lift. Always wanted one.

:welcome: from :canada:
Awesome collection of Cudas, one of my bucket list cars is a 71 Cuda convertible.........

Get yourself a hoist you'll never regret it.

That is a heck of a shop also. I am debating a lift. Always wanted one.
You will never regret the hoist, you cannot see most of the shop as I purpose built a corner to house the hoist. It was super efficient I am taking the picture with my back to the tool box’s. I will never be without a hoist again. I am simply to old and fat to crawl under them any more.

Incredible Duster! I looked at it here in South Florida one day at Gateway. One of a kind for sure

-
Back