mopar guy needs help with his rebuild

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
the last 2 car shows I have been to the same guy has came up to me and asked me if I could help his buddy with places to find parts. This older gentleman has a 57 Ford but his buddy is rebuilding a 68 Roadrunner. I don't know the story on him or who he is but this guy does not seem to know where to get parts for this rebuild. This guy with the Ford said that since he see's us all the time at the shows and know we have restored our cars that we must know where to get Mopar parts. I shot him some places off the top of my head and I know without a doubt he forgot them as soon as I said it so what I wanted to do was write the names and websites down on a sheet of paper and give it to him at the next show so he can help his buddy out. So what I am asking of you guys is if you will jot down some of the places you know of and the websites to buy different parts that a man could get parts from if he needed for a Mopar rebuild. I have started a sheet here and need to add to it. I like to help anybody if I can especially a Mopar guy. I know when I started my resto I was clueless until I came upon this site. see what you can do here. thanks,Bill

thanks Roy. you had a couple I didn't have. I am going to turn him on to FBBO so he can get involved there. what is Cuda Chicks website.

Hardens,Mancini,Layson's,Classi Industries,ACC,Trim Parts,B/E&A,R/T specialties,Bouchillon,Roseville,Dante's,Dales Cuda Parts,Right Stuff,Fine lines,Legendary Auto Interiors,Quanta,E bay,Chet's Auto Parts,Mega,Metro,PG Classic,Herb's,Soft Seal,Tony's Parts,Mr g's,Autobody Specialties,MCB,Charger Specialties,Kramer

The guy can't buy a magazine? Mags are full of advertisements for parts vendors.

I'm not lookin' to start anything, just asking. :dontknow:

But, yeah, turn him onto FBBO, definitely.

Robert, I don't know if this guy can even read. I don't know his name or where he lives. All I know is a buddy I see at the car shows asked me where I could buy parts from to restore a RR. He know we are Mopar guys and his friend needs help. I had a young couple come up to me Sunday at the car show that is 50 miles from my home and said to me "so you are the guy who wins most of the " Best Mopar " trophys. I said " excuse me ". I about fell on the ground. I asked him where in the hell did he get that from. He said his brother told him that. His brother is the guy who owns the purple Challenger and the pink and white Cuda in the car show pics I posted. I don't know what some people think sometimes. I am just trying to help another Mopar guy out like you guys helped me out a long time ago. For all I know this guy doesn't even exist. But a friend asked me for my help.

Ok, thanks guys. I have read through all the responses and wrote all these down, went to their websites and wrote them down on a tablet. If you think of any other ones not listed and want to list them, I will be checking them periodically. I think I am gonna work on these cars this week and skip this weeks show. We have the heater box and stuff tore out from under my dash replacing the wiper arms and bushings in it and then we are going to do the same on the Dart Sport. so it will be 2 weeks before I see him next. Thanks for the help. I think he will appreciate it. If he cannot find enough parts from this list to rebuild the car, he better not start on it. I will find his ***, buy it and do it myself. My son and I can do it.

They makke pretty much everythign for the 68 B bodies. My buddy just picked up another one (so he's got 3 now) - a 383 4sp coup (no post) - hit light on one corner, supposedly running '68 440HP in it - for $1K. It needs a bit but everything can be bought.

Hey Trudy, just to clarify for you, I don't usually sell parts (unless I've got something in from another customer on trade or as a bill offset) but I can help your friend doll up his ride! Thanks for the link too TrailBeast. :-D

Geeeeeez, three hours of emails and quotes already today! I barely had time to check FABO LOL ... and this is my "slow" time of the year. I so need to clone myself it's not even funny.

Robert, I don't know if this guy can even read. I don't know his name or where he lives. All I know is a buddy I see at the car shows asked me where I could buy parts from to restore a RR. He know we are Mopar guys and his friend needs help. I had a young couple come up to me Sunday at the car show that is 50 miles from my home and said to me "so you are the guy who wins most of the " Best Mopar " trophys. I said " excuse me ". I about fell on the ground. I asked him where in the hell did he get that from. He said his brother told him that. His brother is the guy who owns the purple Challenger and the pink and white Cuda in the car show pics I posted. I don't know what some people think sometimes. I am just trying to help another Mopar guy out like you guys helped me out a long time ago. For all I know this guy doesn't even exist. But a friend asked me for my help.

Like I said, bud, I wasn't trying to start anything, just asking an honest question. I'm all for helping someone else out in the hobby, especially when they're first getting started. Two of the cars in my signature belong to my nephew. When he first got the Duster he was thirteen. Took him to Carlisle the summer he got the car and he was introduced to the hobby at large. A lot of guys here gave him a lot of support and a lot of encouragement, so what you're doing is the same. :thumblef:

first of all, my name is not Bud. My name is Bill. If you had read the OP, you would have noticed that. and I am not going to take the time to answer a question about whether or not someone I have not met can buy a magazine. I guess he decided to ask his friend if he knew any Mopar guys and I guess his friend decided to ask me.

first of all, my name is not Bud. My name is Bill. If you had read the OP, you would have noticed that. and I am not going to take the time to answer a question about whether or not someone I have not met can buy a magazine. I guess he decided to ask his friend if he knew any Mopar guys and I guess his friend decided to ask me.

Okay... Bill... you can take the corn cob out of your *** now.

Am I the only one who's laughing at the KY and corn cob analogy??

No, I saw it. Decided to let it go...

After all we're dealing with a guy here who says the other guy might not even be able to read a magazine but decides to send him to a forum board... so, he can, what? Look at the purdy pitchers?

He's compiling a list for the other guy to rea... oh, that's right. He'll have to read that, too.

And then he cops an attitude with me while he's insulting the other guy all while saying he's "helping."

you know what Robert, let it go. I should have known better than to ask for help for someone on here. it seems like you have too much time on your hands. I will know better next time.

you know what Robert, let it go. I should have known better than to ask for help for someone on here. it seems like you have too much time on your hands. I will know better next time.

You did good in my books.

I think Bill is a great guy to be reaching out to help another person he has no clue about.

Speaking from my experience the best deals I have ever found and the hardest to find parts weren't found in any magazine. I don't even waste my money on magazines to find parts or suppliers. Didn't Mark LaGrange(sp?) out of California that ripped everyone off for large amounts of money advertise in a magazine too? I find that asking around get greats results for something you don't know about and who to stay away from.

-
Back