Mopar in a Mustang ...

-
If you wanna drop a mopar in austang look for and buy a fox body, or a mid 90's to mid 2000's mustang. One of the nicest cars I have seen in a while was a 68 mustang it's yellow with the Elenor package on it. It has a 351/auto in it and it's very fast. I'm sure you could have one sweet car that ford, chevy, AND mopar guys would drool over if you were to restore it instead of butcher it. I would rather have them drooling than all pissed off. No one will respect it and it will be a huge joke. Even if it was really well done.

I have a good friend that owns a Mercury Meteor. It was a 6 clyinder car that came from an old lady (seriously). They cut the motor mounts and hacked in a Stroked (383) Small block Chevy and trans. The headers and exhaust are terrible and they hacked the oil pan to clear... the oil pan is just WRONG. It would be a REALLY nice car if they would have gone with a 302 or other Small block Ford. He would have been able to use conversion headers and oil pan and built a really nice car.

Now he is stuck with a car that he CAN NOT sell. He has been trying for the last two years. Everyone that is interested in the car RUNS when they open the hood and see the SBC.

He is the same one that pulled the 5 liter out of his '89 Fox Body. Paid someone to build a stroker for it and ditched the fuel injection for a used Holley Carb. They butchered the wiring harness so going back to fuel injection... is much harder if not impossible with out a donor car.

Give the Mustang to someone that will rebuild it with the intention of doing it right keeping it out of the junkyard.

its ur car. do what u want with it...who the hell cares. its just a mustang. oh well., but if it were me, id just sell it to a phord guy who wants it more than i do...

if you said you wouldnt sell it...GIVE it to me ;)....

seriously though, if its in nice shape dont do it

True car guy can appreciate the great ones of all makes. Those old Mustangs were beautiful cars and fastbacks are worth big dollars. Don't F with it. Put a stout ford motor in it and sell it ,if you want, to someone who will enjoy it.

i dont got cash to throw around i aint rich lol i work on car for a living im only 19 so labor free and i still gotta buy parts even tho i get a discount ...ima just keep it ford its cheaper and worth more all done ...

still workin on my dart sport bout 65% done but might get a 68 or 69 mustang fastback FOR FREE IN GREAT SHAPE LOL... not da biggest ford fan mopar or no car lol..i wana piss off every ford guy i kno and drop a mopar block and tranny in it was wonderin if any1 knew how time or money consumming it would b ?

I have a nice 1970 Mercury Marauder X-100 w/429,C6, and a 9"rear.
I was going to find a 67 or 68 fastback to put drive train in, but couldn't believe prices when I went looking!
I'll make you a deal on the Merc!

Not a big Ford fan, but if it were me I would find a Ford to put in it, even it was just a 2 barrel motor.
What I have always wanted to do is put a healthy Mopar engine in a Corvette, not that I'm going to.

Dude ill never ruin a car I've worked on some really nice stuff other poeple wish they could it was more of a idea it gona stay ford motor probly a hemi or 351

ya you know, the super boss 302 hemi head, dual 2 barrel, 2 plug per cylinder , i think it was one year only...sorry, i dont know ford

good luck getting a boss 429 into a '68 without some major mods- it took a shoehorn for me to get a little 351C into a '68 coupe (and it took Kar Kraft a bit of work to get them into the roomier '69-'70 models)

I remember at least 2 members her that had SB MoPars in Mustangs. 1 was for sure a Fox body, not so sure about the other one.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. They stick a Chevy in everything right, why not shove a MoPar up in a pony('s ***)

A 429 hemi
what you should do is find a 429 HEMI and put THAT in your dart sport, then ,put the 360 HEMI in your camaro, and a 350 wedge in the mustang.then you will be able to piss everyone off, or at least give them a good laugh. dude seriously

what you should do is find a 429 HEMI and put THAT in your dart sport, then ,put the 360 HEMI in your camaro, and a 350 wedge in the mustang.then you will be able to piss everyone off, or at least give them a good laugh. dude seriously

Heck yeah, Toss a Cummins turbo diesel in a Pinto while you are at it. Since diesel doesn't blow up like gas you will have the rear fuel tank issue fixed.

build a 408 stroker windsor engine, backed by a 4 speed. Paint it green and have yourself a BULLIT clone!!!

The only FERD worth owning!!

-
Back