Mopar in a Mustang ...

-
i dont got cash to throw around i aint rich lol i work on car for a living im only 19 so labor free and i still gotta buy parts even tho i get a discount ...ima just keep it ford its cheaper and worth more all done ...

I didn't realize you were that young, too young to appreciate what you have. You made it sound like it was a family thing and you weren't ever planning on selling it so I figured whatever, do what you want, you can always make it right if you want to. One of my favourite cars where I am is a Demon I saw at the track and upon close inspection it has a big block chevy in it, go figure. If the car is a roach and needs a total resto, find a place to park it until you're ready to do it right. You'll be kicking yourself in the *** later in life if you dump it for cheap or butcher it just for kicks. :eek:ops:

i know im sorry.do with it what you want they are your cars. i would expect that with your car knowledge and experience that you would want to restore each one or build each one in a way that they will hold their value in the future.you are young and that mustang will only go up in value if it is in decent condition now. by the way ,where are the pics?

Have you seen what they do with a stock block 302 or 351w these days?

Heck yeah, Toss a Cummins turbo diesel in a Pinto while you are at it. Since diesel doesn't blow up like gas you will have the rear fuel tank issue fixed.
now THAT is what im talking about :prayer: lets see, i saw a 72 runabout on craigs for 400 bucks...now, whered i put that ram ..crap

2d0xt6x.jpg

theres on of dart and workin on one of mustang only have a older pic comes out 2 fuzzy

good luck getting a boss 429 into a '68 without some major mods- it took a shoehorn for me to get a little 351C into a '68 coupe (and it took Kar Kraft a bit of work to get them into the roomier '69-'70 models)

Actually they did come with a big block 390 option back in 68, friend of mine had one. Changing some of the plugs was near impossible but the motor did fit. Not sure about the difference in size though, 429 hemi or 427 cammer are probably wider

I think they had to do some mods under the shock towers:banghead: to get the 429 in there (cool motor). Cammer is the stuff dreams are made of.

Actually they did come with a big block 390 option back in 68, friend of mine had one. Changing some of the plugs was near impossible but the motor did fit. Not sure about the difference in size though, 429 hemi or 427 cammer are probably wider
Boss 429 is a different series 390 is an FE and the 429-460 were "385" I think, not to mention the boss heads are a ton bigger. As to the cammer there was one in a Thunderbolt, think it was a Mickey Thompson car so with enough grease....Pretty sure someone is making reproduction ones if you got the $$$. Unless you have to have a big block how about a http://www.summitracing.com/search/...-427-C-I-D-535-HP-Crate-Engines/?autoview=SKU
351w based 535 hp 427?

Boss 429 is a different series 390 is an FE and the 429-460 were "385" I think, not to mention the boss heads are a ton bigger.

this.
-yeah, the '68 1/2 came with the 390, but as ink said. the Boss isn't a 390:)
Like I said earlier, even the '69-'70 model required massive mods to get the B429 into it (and the shock tower area was already wider on the 428CJ cars that Kar Kraft started with).

anyway, sorry for the interruption, back to the a-body goodness:toothy7:

-
Back