mopar m1 intake or edelbrock air gap

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
wondering on wat i should go with on my 410 stroker ?what do you guys think. roughly 500 hp not a drag car but will race it to see what it can do but more street autocross . i drive my cars so ill be beating it up thanks its also 4speed if that makes a difference thanks everyone

I would go with the Air Gap, because it will be more streetable then the M1. Plus the benefit of the effect of the well Air Gap.

The m1 with a 1in 4 hole supersucker.The stroker provides excellent torque and the m1 will give good midrange and top end power.

Air gap will give you better low to mid range torque for a street motor.Torque is what moves your car especially for the street.

Attachments

• DSC_4235wtmk[1].jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 691
I will throw in that he has low gears like 3.23 and maybe going to 3.55. SO I said going with Air Gap would be best

This is from FLYFISH
" IMHO, Air-gap. I recently switched from an Air-gap to a Victor because everyone was telling me that strokers love the Victor.

I have a small solid roller (248/254 with ~0.580 lift) ported Edelborcks, 10.8:1 comp pump gas motor, 4.10 gears with a 5000 stall. My car is 90% track car...to make a long story short, I lost about a tenth in the 1/8 mile with the Victor. My car lost a TON of torque, 60' times went from 1.51 to 1.59...the car only pull's the front wheel about an inch off the ground now (it was pulling them about a foot off the ground). The MPH is only down a few hundredths, which tells me that it is making close to the same HP, it just lost a ton of torque.

ET on a hot summer day for the Air-gap was 7.04-7.08.
ET on a hot summer day for the Victor was 7.14-7.16

I will probably keep the Victor for when I switch to a bigger cam, but the results of the manifold swap shocked me, to say the least."

3.23,s will be fine if he,s running a small 14 inch tire,any bigger tire and he will need to change out to a taller gear to see any performance on the street.:snakeman:

3.23,s will be fine if he,s running a small 14 inch tire,any bigger tire and he will need to change out to a taller gear to see any performance on the street.:snakeman:
He is not. He has 28in tire. Which is why I said Air Gap

I run a M1 dual plane with a matching 1 inch spacer. I sure don't hurt for torque in the low rpm's with my 360 +.040 727 and 4:10's and 28 inch tires.

Jack

I have a chance to buy an airgap for a fair price, so I think ill go that route and have it ported to match my heads. also ill eventually be changin tires to a .275 40 18which I think is a 27 inch tire overall ,debating on 373 or 391 gears let me know what you guys think thanks

Lol check the RPM calculator with 27in tire and 3.73 or 3.91 with 28 and 4.10 Im at oh 3100-3200 at 65mph, but you have a 4 speed although not OD might help 200rpm lower. Air Gap will still be better because you will make more TQ down low and TQ is what you want to be quicker since your mostly street.

I run a M1 dual plane with a matching 1 inch spacer. I sure don't hurt for torque in the low rpm's with my 360 +.040 727 and 4:10's and 28 inch tires.

Jack

Your M1 is a dual plane, he wants the M1 that is single plane

From playing around with my own combos- [email protected] cams, and dp 180* vs sp 360* intakes...I see an rpm ceiling diff of around 350-400rpm, but the torque is like 40ft lbs more with the dual plane and where it's more usable in the range.

But, if you plan on rev'n it into 7k+rpms, R.O.T says single plane.

Combo's...they like what they like.

JMO

From playing around with my own combos- [email protected] cams, and dp 180* vs sp 360* intakes...I see an rpm ceiling diff of around 350-400rpm, but the torque is like 40ft lbs more with the dual plane and where it's more usable in the range.

But, if you plan on rev'n it into 7k+rpms, R.O.T says single plane.

Combo's...they like what they like.

JMO

He wont be around 7k as it also is a stroker and I think his cam is 260@ 50 if i remember correctly as it was my camshaft haha

For autocross and what you have I think the AG will give you more torque. However, the problem I see is not enough tire. It might be easier to drive with the M1 and a little less torque. So I'd say try one, if it's a beast to drive try the M1.

where is the limit for a airgap in terms of how much air just two barrels can flow without being a restriction and considering the small plenum?

Atta boy now get them pushrods done! lol so we can drive next time I am home.

-
Back