Mopar Muscle in Fast & Furious 6

-

BillGrissom

Reaction score
I just read the review, but will have to wait for it to hit video (too cheap). The first F&F started the fascination with little Jap tuner cars, though ended with Vin in a super-charged Mopar. After F&F Tokyo Drift, I wonder how many kid's cars were totalled trying that at home. In F&F 6, Vin drives a 70's winged SuperBird, chasing a bad Brit in a Jensen Interceptor which has a Mopar 383, as we learned when Wheeler Dealers rebuilt one. They crash a lot of vintage cars in the movie, but it sounds like Mustangs and Chevys. People tear-up over that, but I hear most cars that get wasted were already totalled on the side you can't see, or were rusted hulks they bondo'ed and sprayed for the movie. Losing another Rustang is no big loss.

I cringe when I see the trailers ... glad it's the clunkers but EVERYTHING can be fixed!

F&F is what first got me into mopars when I was a kid. I always fantasized over having a 1970 Charger but of course they were too expensive and impractical when I was first trying to get my license. Now I've got a Dart! :p I always debate whether I'd get a Charger in the future.

It's a Daytona clone, not a Superbird :p

furious6lead.jpg

And yes, the Daytona bites it HARD! :(

Luckily it's all computer graphics by the look of it:

4GTHWN4.jpg

They always have to screw up a good Mopar with a cheap engine. The Charger had a 350 with a fake blower on top.

if chrysler wasn't so damn anti-enthusiast maybe the parts for a cheap and easy swap would be out there and then the studio could use a hemi.

They crash a lot of vintage cars in the movie, but it sounds like Mustangs and Chevys. ... Losing another Rustang is no big loss.
don't care about Chevys, but I'd rather they give me a Mustang than wreck it.

To be completely honest, I'd rather see them wreck old mopars than old Mustangs lol (well, pre-70-wise, anyways).

I find myself strangely liking this version of a "Daytona" a lot. Yeah I'd rock the hell outta that car! Though it would have a Hemi with twin turbos or supercharger, a speed manual, and a Dana 60.

I read they actually shortened that 'Daytona' and they also lowered the wing. It doesn't stand as tall as a stock one. I have taken soooo much heat over the years for being into the fast and the funniest movies, but I can't help it. I find them fun. It's cool mindless entertainment.. And I always leave the theater wanting to pound the piss out of my car lol. Can't wait to see the new movie.

I read they actually shortened that 'Daytona' and they also lowered the wing. It doesn't stand as tall as a stock one. I have taken soooo much heat over the years for being into the fast and the funniest movies, but I can't help it. I find them fun. It's cool mindless entertainment.. And I always leave the theater wanting to pound the piss out of my car lol. Can't wait to see the new movie.

talks about the wing and nose in here. http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/fast-furious-6-cars-1969-dodge-charger-daytona.html

the front end is one piece glass thats something lik e12" shorter than a real nose. wing is quite a bit shorter also..

So its a full on custom replica of a Charger, engine and all?
That shouldn't hurt anybodies feelings if it gets smashed up.

I'm kind of impressed a chevy motor made a big car do a
wheestand in a street race in the first film.

You might want to get to a racetrack someday to see real cars
doing real racing if your getting butthurt over a movie stunt car.

I personally can't wait to see how they destroy a dream car:burnout::blob::blob:

There were three 70 chargers in the first movie. Two were props with 350 the one that raced at the end was real. My friend Becky lived right buy Paul Walker he bought the real one. She sent me pics in 03 of her and him standing buy it. He told her they never got that car out of third gear during the race because it was so fast that gay car had no chance of keeping up. He said watch the shift pattern during that clip. It Is the only real Mopar they used.

Engine:​
426 HEMI
Intake: BDS
Injection: BDS
Ignition: MSD
Supercharger: BDS 8-71
Fuel: Sunoco Racing Fuel
Lubricant: Castrol

Drivetrain:​
Transmission: 727
Converter: Cone
Shifter: Winters
Driveshaft: General​
Brake Systems:​
Front & Rear: Wilwood
Slide Brake: Wilwood CNC​
Exhaust System:​
Headers: Headman
Mufflers: Flowmaster
3” System: Morse​
Suspension:​
Hotchkis

Air Filter:​
None

Fuel System​
Pump & Regulator: Holley
Plumbing: Earl’s
Fuel Cell: JAZ​
Interior Modifications​
Seats: Beard
Seat Belts: DJ Safety
Rollcage: Matt Sweeney
Interior Panels: Matt Sweeney
Steering Wheel: Grant Le Mans
Gauges: Auto Meter​
Exterior Modifications​
Body Kit: R/T
Hood: Hannaman​
Paint/Graphics​
: Jack’s Auto Body

Wheels​
Manufacturer/Model: Coys C-5
Front Wheel Size: 18X8
Rear Wheel Size: 18X9.5​
Tires​
Manufacturer/Model: General
Front Tire Size: 255/45R18​
Rear Tire Size: 2850R18

My friend Becky lived right buy Paul Walker he bought the real one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IJPVjELbok"]950 hp Dodge Charger; Original Vin Diesel Charger Fast and Furious - YouTube[/ame]

Engine:​
426 HEMI

The Auction of the car in 2009 lists the engine as a 528 Hemi? It appeared on www.mecum.com, I remember watching that auction closely :D

Hammer price for the much-modified Charger (which boasts a blown 528-inch Hemi with Indy aluminum heads, TBS supercharger and F.A.S.T. electronic fuel injection, among other goodies) was $200,000. That's not including buyers'/sellers' commissions and California sales tax.
They always have to screw up a good Mopar with a cheap engine. The Charger had a 350 with a fake blower on top.

There was also a real 440 version although with a fake blower besides the Hemi with the real blower.

There were three 70 chargers in the first movie. Two were props with 350 the one that raced at the end was real.

The one that raced at the end was the 440 with the fake blower. Sold for $39,000 if I remember correctly. It was a '68 Charger in a '70 Charger skin.

Universal Studios sold this one through Bonham auctions back in 2005.

1968 Dodge Charger
The Fast & The Furious Universal, 2001.

440 ci with automatic transmission, black on black, prop blower.

This is the stunt car used in the final motorcycle chase and street-race scene between Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.

The back story is that Diesel’s father had built the car up to “900 horsepower of Detroit muscle,” but that he had never driven it because he was afraid of it – apparently with good reason.

This was not the car that was flipped and crashed, but rather the car used for the motorcycle street chase and final drag race scene.

Volo has the Chevy 350 '70 Charger R/T from Fast & Furious 4 up for sale for $130,000

You're not the only one who likes the fast and furious movies. I own all 5 on dvd and really enjoy watching them all. I also can't wait to see the new one!:blob:

-
Back