MOPAR MUSCLE IS NO MORE

-
TEN Publishing Kills 19 Automotive Print Publications Including Automobile [Updated]

19 Auto Magazines bite the dust

Here is the full list of the 19 publications ending their print run.

4-Wheel & Off-Road
Automobile
Car Craft
Chevy High Performance
Classic Trucks 
Diesel Power
Hot Rod Deluxe 
Jp
Lowrider
Mopar Muscle
Muscle Car Review
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Mustang Monthly
Street Rodder
Super Chevy 
Super Street
Truck Trend 
Truckin’
Vette

I never cared much for any of those . I`ll take you back a ways my all time favorite was SUPERSTOCK AND DRAG ILLUSTRATED . Was themost informative I ever read.
When they merged with ''who I dont rmember'' , it was down hill from then on .

Just sold my "collection" of Mo'Mags from the 70's thru the early 2000's...just taking up shelf space...just a sample...

IMG_2300.JPG

IMG_2301.JPG

by the titles, it looks like the chevy's took the bigger hit:icon_fU:

I have thought about how to get rid of all of my magazines a number of times, still haven't arrived at a conclusion as to what to do. I have MCG going back to probably 01 or so, a plethora of others, some MM, some MA, etc.

I was paid up for three years. I think they owe me something.
Yea me too my wife got me three years in June for fathers day I havent gotten a new one since December. So I have gotten like 7 magazines maybe 6 and I paid for three years that's some bs!

I have thought about how to get rid of all of my magazines a number of times, still haven't arrived at a conclusion as to what to do. I have MCG going back to probably 01 or so, a plethora of others, some MM, some MA, etc.
I had the same issue I had mm and American rifleman and some others dating back to 01 or 02 I finally threw them all in the recycling I kept a few issues like 2 or 3 but the rest got tossed.

i got rid of a ton of them years ago. posted them here for free. someone came and took them all for his young nephew.

I read them for decades, even had MCG back when it was just a newspaper. About 15 years ago I said enough, and threw them ALL in my Missouri lime sink hole. Good bye!!
Back in late 80's to maybe 1992 I had a buch of AAR Cudas and Chall. TA;s. I also kept every article written about them in a notebook for any reference material they yielded. Then I sold them all and threw away that notebook! Off to 60-70 B bodies for a few years! Then one to.........
I guess it is amazing that Hemmings still prints their "bible" !??????

I listed mine on the local Facebook Marketplace. Sold within about a week.

The only magazine I actually look forward to is Hemmings Muscle Machines. And the only one I keep. Mopar Collector Guide is all about the high end rare cars that few of us mortals will ever own. Won’t be renewing it when my subscription expires after subscribing for many years.

Was great magazine till around 2008 or so.

I tried everything they showed how to do.

They needed more everyday builds and head tech.

-- It's brutal and will continue to be for Magazine printers... Economics, generation change, and the internet is eating away at those guys. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ --
-- We're heading toward a "Rice Burner Muscle" magazine, if three's not one, already.

Got our subscription check back today, hope the rest of you that subscribed do so also.

-- We're heading toward a "Rice Burner Muscle" magazine, if three's not one, already.

If that keeps the Presses turning, so be it.... Print Industry is a huge component of our economy because of the trickle down effects both good and bad..... Kind of like when a Car maker goes down. It sends a major wave through the lives of so many we know....

JW

One of the biggest printing companies in my area R.R.Donnelleys is closing its doors and alot of folks in this area are loosing their jobs, alot of my family and friends worked there, changing times, I guess magazine's will soon be a thing of the past.

Harsh consensus on the magazine industry... but video content is all the rage... and we have dedicated forums in which we can actually participate.. for free or minimal cost... like this one. However... if the powers-to-be ever hired Tony DeFeo to resurrect Cars Illustrated I would pay 20 bucks a shot for that rag. I love Mopars.. but I am a power freak first.. real street cars built to haul ***... not trophies and bucks down real tech. We need a bloody time warp back to the fifties where hot rodding and the culture was for the masses... not for bucks up posers and the shiny **** show that we're experiencing... as soon as hot rod went corporate with motor trend I bailed... now I binge on 1320 videos ! Long live bucks down hot rodding and media that has the balls to exploit it !

I liked the magazine when Randy Bolig was editor. Back in 08 or so. He did a Dart Sport from scratch, a Valiant post with a stroker and a 70 Superbee. He was a car guy and a hot rodder.

View attachment 1715477342
I do agree with this.
The "formula" they had the last year or so was a segment on Graveyard Carz, an AMD article, a few Classic feature cars, Late model cars and maybe one tech article.
I did not care about seeing an article about A TV show.
I did not care about the AMD articles where they had space limitations on what could be explained.
I do not care about modifying a Challenger or Charger. I have a '15 Challenger R/T and I'm leaving it stock.
The tech they showed was stuff I already knew.
Rarely anything about diagnosing or fixing electrical systems.
Never anything on soldering or repairing wiring.
Never anything about calibrating or restoring gauges, sending units or radios.
The loss of the tech Q & A with Steve Dulcich was a bummer.
I subscribed just to support the hobby and for the rare chance that I'd see a friends car in print.
I won't miss it that much.
I did miss Mopar Action when they were out of business for those months.
I like their tech. I love their humor.

One of the biggest printing companies in my area R.R.Donnelleys is closing its doors and alot of folks in this area are loosing their jobs, alot of my family and friends worked there, changing times, I guess magazine's will soon be a thing of the past.

This is one of the giants feeling the result of the downturn. The one major magazine publisher is our area turned a corner some years ago and does Comic books which seems to be working for them so far.

Lots of printing to be done and hopefully those people who lost jobs can see that and go on to do better things. I hate to see anyone lose their job....

JW

Everything in life run a cycle. I bet sooner or later, some car mags will return as people and kids get enough of this modern digital tech chit, but the mag will have to address what people want to read, not what some idiot thinks his companies mag needs to sell.
Who wants to sit on the throne reading a laptop, a mag just sits the situation!? lol

CI Mag.jpg
The first car I bought for myself was at the end of high school..it was a Lime green 72' 340 Duster... circa 1986.. I was 18 and joining the Canadian Army (30 years now done) and looking for any thrill I could get. Tony's humour and general outlook to all things mechanical fed my appetite well in those days. Still cherish the few editions of CI I have left. Since I have my old high school Duster back in the pen it would be cool to see Tony bring back some of that wit and great bucks down tech for a little time warp. All the best to you ! JIMMY

Last edited:
-
Back