mopar muscle latest issue

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
I just picked up a copy of the November issue. What caught my eye was the gorgeous 71 Swinger in an eye poping yellow. What a nasty ride. 650 h.p to the rear wheels with a 340...!!!!!!!!!

Anyways,there is a very interesting article regarding Caltracs. One of thier project cars is a Barracuda. They dropped an indy headed 500 cid big block in it pushing 750 h.p. Then they upgraded the rear suspension to Caltracs and put thier worn out 10.5 drag slicks back on. This car is not tubbed. They spent some time at the strip setting it up. It pulls the wheels off the ground and runs straight every time.And hooks like mad on a worn out 10.5 slick with stock wheel wells.

Incredible.
I had already planned on the caltrac system with a mono leaf. Now it seems I wont need to minitub or narrow the diff either as Im not running as much power as them. True I'll be in the 650 range at the flywheel,but if these caltracs work that well i dont think I need to worry!

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/mopar_videos/01/6215958/index.html

Caltracs definitely work.... A friend of mine has 'em on a '70 Road Runner, they work great and are light. It runs 10.60's and is all steel, not tubbed, full interior, 520'' indy big block. He drives it on the street all the time, it's got all of the stuff on it to make it legal. He loves 'em.

It's cool how that swinger has the induction set up. I noticed he has it running up into the cowl.
I think the his and hers E-Bodies are a little to much(90's).
Cool facts about the Barracuda on the rear page.

Gotta agree about the Cuda's.I was actually repulsed by the color combo's.

The "STINGER" is extremely cool,visually and mechanically. Mopar muscle was smart to place it on the cover.It's the whole reason I picked it up and looked at it! Pretty hard not to like it.

No performance figures,but Im guessing no traction either,lol!!

-
Back