Mopar Nats - Stay in Renoldsberg or Heath???

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I've stayed in Renoldsberg a few times and done the Brice Rd cruise. I've heard a lot of people talk about Heath.

Where's everyone stayin? Ya I haven't made any reservations so I might be sleeping in the truck.

Thanks

What do you guys think? I've stayed in Renoldsberg a few times and done the Brice Rd cruise. I've heard a lot of people talk about Heath.

Where's everyone stayin? Ya I haven't made any reservations so I might be sleeping in the truck.

Thanks

I doubt anything is available on or near Brice and in Heath. At this late date you should be OK staying in Zanesville - about the same distance from the track as Reynoldsburg. We're staying at the Courtyard Granville

Everything I hear is the Brice rd is dead.

And screw Renoldsberg. Those assholes bitched and complained about the crowd. Don't support that area with your money.

Do not stay at the Regal Inn even if they have room last minute and they are only a few minutes from the track. I won't make that mistake again.

Is the Nats even worth going to? I went last year on Sat. and I thought attendance was way down on show cars,race cars and vendors. My daughter and I were gonna go Sat. for the day and drive back.

I just got a room at the laquinta on brice. Id rather be in heath, but wasn't planning on going until Monday. Had to take what I could get.

Heath. I live in Reynoldsburg and I wouldn't stay there. Getting out as soon as I can. If you can't get into Heath, there are some nice hotels on 256 in Pickerington. 10-15 minutes from the track and lots of food down either direction on 256.

Staying on Brice Rd this year. Not doing Heath again, too many local brand x cars and trucks in the way of the Mopars cruising and it's pretty much a mad house!(guess I must be getting old)Next year will not go to the Mopar Nats in favor of Carlisle. I have friends that are vendors and they say Carlisle is way better and more organized event, and the cruising is better.

we ended up with a room at the knights inn off of brice..not 1st choice, but when you wait till 3 weeks out, you get what you can. the heath scene is a little crazy at times with all the traffic. mostly the locals are the one's getting the tickets for burnouts..note..I said mostly.
I'd like to find a hotel with it's own bar or one real close. Cudakel and I like to drink, but only after the cudas are parked for the night.
We usually set up our cars down in the back of the show grounds on the track side down by the trees and the fenced in area.
We will have a tri state mopar club canopy..

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Heath but couldn't get rooms there this year. They had a fire there in the control room for the pool and hot tub and quite a bit of the building got smoke damage. It was a wild place for crusing at night and pretty centrally located. tmm

Staying on Brice Rd this year. Not doing Heath again, too many local brand x cars and trucks in the way of the Mopars cruising and it's pretty much a mad house!(guess I must be getting old)Next year will not go to the Mopar Nats in favor of Carlisle. I have friends that are vendors and they say Carlisle is way better and more organized event, and the cruising is better.

there is no cruising allowed in carlisle

I just got a room at the holiday Inn Express in Groveport yesterday. Thur night is all booked up, but I got rooms for Fri and Sat. I've stayed there a few years. They have a pool and hot tub. 614-920-2400.

that knights inn is a dump

I dont doubt it...Hopefully we will just use it for sleeping...
The place we stayed last year turned into a homeless shelter for babies and their mommas at night. At about 6 pm every night, cabs started showing up dropping off women and their children with plastic bags for suitcases. They would all show up at the same time and a woman would walk to all of their rooms with paperwork..I guess they were unsold rooms. Unfortunately, this put a lot of kids in the parking lot running around at night.Didin't like have my car sitting out there with them all running around like that.
I forget what hotel it was, but it was right off of brice.

I'm a big city dude, if I went I stay in downtown Columbus but I believe I'm going to save my pennies for Moparfest and Toronto. I love to go to both and was thinking of it but with gas $4.10 a gallon, I believe I would regret it after my credit card bills come in

Hotwire has decent hotel deals, its no refunds and you don't know the name of the hotel until after you pay but the maps show the area the hotel will be at. I almost always use it and save 20% or more then the hotel web prices. Again no refunds or changes so don't book till you are certain you want it and don't screw up on the dates

Im at the Days Inn on Brice road,I have stayed there for years.Last year we stayed in heath for a change of pace.I didnt like it too much,cheap room with very high price,but it was closer to the track.If anyone wants to look me up Ill have DODGE BEER.....................................jeff

I noticed the other day how the holiday inn in Heath was boarded up and looked vacant...
Another area for Motel options close by would be Lancaster. Take SR 37 South, right at National Trails & I believe it's 17 or 18 miles. Nice/Safe scenic town & they have a few major chain motels on US 33.
Not planning on going to Brice Rd. Way too many cars for only a one block area, not enough room to stretch your muscle(cars). Not the nicest area either. However they do have a Jegg's high performance store three blocks north and one block east of the Brice Rd strip, not sure how late they are open if any of you guys need to pick up anything.

I noticed the other day how the holiday inn in Heath was boarded up and looked vacant...
Another area for Motel options close by would be Lancaster. Take SR 37 South, right at National Trails & I believe it's 17 or 18 miles. Nice/Safe scenic town & they have a few major chain motels on US 33.
Not planning on going to Brice Rd. Way to many cars for only a one block area, not enough room to stretch your muscle(cars). Not the nicest area either. However they do have a Jegg's high performance store three blocks north and one block east of the Brice Rd strip, not sure how late they are open if any of you guys need to pick up anything.
Yep, on Main street. I think Jegs is now open until 7 on weekends, 9 on weekdays.

Im at the Days Inn on Brice road,I have stayed there for years.Last year we stayed in heath for a change of pace.I didnt like it too much,cheap room with very high price,but it was closer to the track.If anyone wants to look me up Ill have DODGE BEER.....................................jeff
Hey Jeff, I'll be right across the street from you at Super 8.

-
Back