Mopar Part # on Back-Up Switch for 1964?

-

Rhetor

Reaction score
Looking for the Mopar part number for back-up switch (that screws into the transmission housing and looks like an electrical plug sticking out) for my 1964 Dart GT Vert 273 4-speed manual.

I bought one off ebay--advertised and paid for NOS--came used, all sticky on the plastic top where plastic was degrading, places around plug gouged out from somebody wrenching it hard . . . absolute total ripoff and the weasel won't return my emails . . . blah, blah, blah.

I guess I have had so much good luck on ebay, my first real problem--I understand why some now call it "fleabay" or "fleecebay." I got hosed for $32.20. Oh, well . . . need to work on the car on Monday and get her back on the road . . . the back-up switch is small and want to buy now aftermarket.

I have the Mopar Number for 71 and above (Mopar #2258404), but working with my locals, no one seems to be able to find the part number for 1964 . . . anybody got it?

Rhetor;952770 I bought one off ebay--advertised and paid for NOS--came used said:
You DID file a complaint didn't you? They will put a hold on the seller's PayPal account until it's resolved.

Open an "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" complaint with the seller through eBay. You'll get your $ back.

Yeah, finally just did that about an hour ago . . . sad and unnecessary, but when the guy blows you off, won't answer any email or eBay messages or call my cell . . . well, just sad.

Only other time I ever had a problem, amicably handled the next day . . . I won an auction and the guy sent me the wrong stuff . . . trusted me to send the wrong one back while he went ahead and sent the right one . . . even paid my shipping . . . did not cost me a single dime extra and only a two day delay . . . guy was great to work with.

I checked the feedback on the one I am dealing with now and looked good before I ordered. Went back to check the guys few negative feedbacks and he is non-responsive and venomous when there is a problem--always blames the buyer. Hates it when a complaint is filed . . . so I filed a complaint and just ordered an aftermarket now from my local parts guy. I will be good to go on Monday when I start wrenching . . . new gas tank, sending unit, and grommet arriving today!

Hey my 63 parts book calls for a 2427 137 for a 4 spd but this would not be for a A body as the A body had no 4 speed in 63. The 3 spd switch is 2258 404 replaced by 2947 496 replaced by 3488 270

Brian

Open an "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" complaint with the seller through eBay. You'll get your $ back.

I did it . . . finally got his attention . . . said he was too busy to respond to such minor emails . . . just gets too many emails . . . got my original money back through paypal . . . and he is really ticked off . . . wants me to eat the return postage for the part return . . . I checked . . . when he gets negative feedback is particularly venomous . . . sad . . . could have been a simple return on an electronic handshake

I did it . . . finally got his attention . . . said he was too busy to respond to such minor emails . . . just gets too many emails . . . got my original money back through paypal . . . and he is really ticked off . . . wants me to eat the return postage for the part return . . . I checked . . . when he gets negative feedback is particularly venomous . . . sad . . . could have been a simple return on an electronic handshake

Way to go! I sell on eBay and always respond to problems. I state to contact me first if there is a problem. I've even returned payments after getting a negative. It's the right thing to do.

Way to go! I sell on eBay and always respond to problems. I state to contact me first if there is a problem. I've even returned payments after getting a negative. It's the right thing to do.

Cudadriver . . . it is sellers like you, with integrity, especially when something has happened that will keep me turning to eBay for a lot of stuff. When you buy enough stuff or sell enough stuff, problems happen . . . I pre-posture myself to always think the best . . . and give the benefit of the doubt . . . but when the seller finally responded, only after I filed the complaint, his first complaint was that I sent him 5 emails with pics before filing a complaint. My five emails were all nice and saying I know an accident of the wrong part happened . . . but it seems his posture is . . . it is the buyer's problem when the item was not as advertised (NOS in this case) and when he gets around to it, whenever or however long it takes, the buyer would just have to suck it up. He took the money fast, but said he was just to busy to answer such emails in a timely manner. Oh, and better yet, he always had snide comments and coaching lessons for me in the process . . . all I wanted was just the right part or my money back . . . now he does not want to pay for return shipping . . . which I probably will do . . . just to get rid of this guy . . . but I know he will torch me no matter what I put in feedback . . . even neutral ones he sandbags because he gets the last word on eBay public feedback response . . . even now if I went positive just to get it stopped he'd torch me because he can . . . weird!

Oh, well . . . I guess my perfect buyer reputation, not a lot of buys, will take a hit. Doesn't mean much to him, but does to me.

In any case, thanks, Cudadriver for affirming that there are eBay sellerw with integrity like you out there . . . will keep modest ebuyers like me still trusting there are men and women like you out there we can trust!

One weak seller will never spoil it for great ones like you! I appreciate the encouragement that I did the right thing.

part # 2258404 supersededs to 04373814 and there is 15 available out of Atlanta depot, 11.85 + shipping, according to the puter fits 1970 to 1982....
Dodge29

do not lump all Ebay sellers in the same barrel, with over 11k feedback, best seller ratings and over 99.8 positive feedback and nearly 5.0 dsr's, we are not all alike, we routinely credit someone when we make a mistake, when its our fault we go overboard to correct the error...

you would not believe what stunts buyers routinely pull on good sellers.....

Dodge29

by the way we are # 1 Mopar parts seller on Ebay....

do not lump all Ebay sellers in the same barrel, with over 11k feedback, best seller ratings and over 99.8 positive feedback and nearly 5.0 dsr's, we are not all alike, we routinely credit someone when we make a mistake, when its our fault we go overboard to correct the error...

you would not believe what stunts buyers routinely pull on good sellers.....

Dodge29

by the way we are # 1 Mopar parts seller on Ebay....

No, I don't lump them all (eBay sellers) together because of one shaky one . . . that is why I commended Cudadriver above and said that I would be continuing to look for and trust great eBay sellers like him who have integrity!

Case in point . . . ordered a gas tank off eBay on last week too for my car . . . lost by UPS, picked up at seller . . . but still shows only having been billed not shipped . . . the seller has immediately with no fuss shipped me another one to take the place of the first, just asking me to contact him if the old one shows up before the second one he is shipping . . . now that is integrity and professionalism! A problem very quickly resolved with an electronic handshake . . . I hope to not need another gas tank, but I sure will be recommending the seller to anybody else in the future!

And, Dodge29, I cannot imagine what some of you sellers have to go through with a few sleazy buyers out there! Makes the rest of us buyers who are trustworthy look suspicious whenever there is a small problem . . . sorry for all you have to go through as a seller based on the actions of a few sleazy buyers . . .

part # 2258404 supersededs to 04373814 and there is 15 available out of Atlanta depot, 11.85 + shipping, according to the puter fits 1970 to 1982....
Dodge29

Thanks, Dodge 29, would have bought from you, but already got an aftermarket replacement on Sunday.

BTW . . . thanks for the Chrysler sending unit I bought from you last week . . . got here on Friday! My first experience buying from you . . . Fast! . . . I should have bought the back-up switch from you too . . . but had bought the "pretend" NOS from another someone else . . . more evidence to order from someone you know if you can. You will be my first contact next time. :)

awsome, if we can help be glad to do so, by the way Im the guy building the 65 Dart trans am look a like, one of my Ebay guys, just bought one of race short blocks for his 70 Dart, and our used car manager has a 69 Cuda and a 72 Duster, my transmission guy has a Vega, I know a chevy, but an 8 second chevy none the less....the parts parts manager a 63 Impala, they havent seen the light yet.....but they get enough grief between the rest of us
we are car guys.....oh and girls.....the wife of the used car manager drive's the Duster
thanks

Luke aka Dodge29

awsome, if we can help be glad to do so, by the way Im the guy building the 65 Dart trans am look a like, one of my Ebay guys, just bought one of race short blocks for his 70 Dart, and our used car manager has a 69 Cuda and a 72 Duster, my transmission guy has a Vega, I know a chevy, but an 8 second chevy none the less....the parts parts manager a 63 Impala, they havent seen the light yet.....but they get enough grief between the rest of us
we are car guys.....oh and girls.....the wife of the used car manager drive's the Duster
thanks

Luke aka Dodge29

Ha! Ha! Take it easy on the parts manager . . . I have a 63 Impala too! But mine is the four door hardtop land yacht! All original, less than 67K and like driving a boat! And soft on the transmission guy . . . back in the day (in the land of disco and polyester shirt unbottoned to the navel and platform shoes) every one of us wanted an 8 second Vega!

Rhetor, Ive got one that is brand new. I do not think I need it, so I can send you some pictures to make sure its the one you want.
let me know

the parts manager is building a fully tubbed out 2 door with a very large cube motor, be nice when its completed....
Dodge29
the transmission guy's Vega is bad assssss, sb2 motors with 3 nitrous system, something like 1300+ hps in a car that doesnt weight 2700 lbs, that thing is friggin scary

Rhetor, Ive got one that is brand new. I do not think I need it, so I can send you some pictures to make sure its the one you want.
let me know

Darn . . . I already got one! Thanks, though, for the offer 65Valiant310!

the parts manager is building a fully tubbed out 2 door with a very large cube motor, be nice when its completed....
Dodge29
the transmission guy's Vega is bad assssss, sb2 motors with 3 nitrous system, something like 1300+ hps in a car that doesnt weight 2700 lbs, that thing is friggin scary

Wow! I am thinking I am getting to old for my heart to survive that kind of scary ride . . . but . . . I would like to be in the driver's seat just once! Well, maybe twice!

-
Back