Mopar Performance Roller Rockers

-
I have 2 sets of PRW rockers, one is 1.5 ratio and comes in at 1.4, and a 1.6 that comes in at 1.4. Hopefully the Mopar ones are the right ratio.

Wow. That’s weird. My 1.6’s actually came in at exactly 1.6 and my net lift loss after using the B3 correction kit was .008.

but an aluminum rocker without a bushing will work just fine.

Sorry, but I'll trust the first-hand reviews of the proform rockers we were talking about WELL before I go running them with 900 lbs over the nose at 8500. There's NO WAY I'd take that gamble. Way too many other decent rockers out there to take the chance with the cheapie proforms.

Yeah but I don't like needle bearing fulcrums and that appears to be all they offer.
I never noticed that. Theres a guy out here selling a new set in box for 180$, ive been tempted to grab them.

Jake

I’ve run unbushed Crane gold rockers with up to 340 pounds on the seat, close to 900 pounds over the nose, shifting at 8500 and never failed one. And that was with both W2 and W5 heads.

The bushings give little room for error if you don’t get the oil to the rockers. I prefer bushings and detest needle bearings on a reciprocating shaft, but an aluminum rocker without a bushing will work just fine.

Well good for you. I prefer bushed.

I believe 440 Source roller rockers will work okay in an application where stock stamped steel rockers would suffice. I used their roller rockers at 270# seat and 780# over the nose in a dyno contest where the price of the parts was also used in determining the winner. When the contest was over the bearing cages had expanded and removed all the side to side spacing I had so carefully set during the engine build. There is a set used with my grandson's hydraulic cam in his 383 for his 3/4T 4x4 pickup and they seem to be working fine. What I will use.......Inexpensive.....Mancini aluminum rockers by Harland Sharp w/aluminum fulcrum bore. Step up.......Camp Cams chrome moly roller rockers w/bushed bore. Up again........Harland Sharp, T&D, Jesel. My opinions are surely not worth more than anyone else's.

Sorry, but I'll trust the first-hand reviews of the proform rockers we were talking about WELL before I go running them with 900 lbs over the nose at 8500. There's NO WAY I'd take that gamble. Way too many other decent rockers out there to take the chance with the cheapie proforms.

Post up a review of THAT rocker, not the PF rocker with needle bearings. It’s an extruded aluminum rocker. Just like most everything else that is made like that.

You can have 'em- Proform Extruded Aluminum Shaft Mount Roller Rocker Arms 66869

I'm with Rusty - I'll take mine with bushings.

Not the same rocker so you have no clue. Those rockers have NEEDLE bearing in the same rocker body. What does that mean? The body gets too thin because of that big *** bearing in there.

So you have no experience and you are just guessing. Got it. Not even the same thing.

Again, the VAST majority of rocker are failures are geometry related. The VAST majority.

Not the same rocker so you have no clue. Those rockers have NEEDLE bearing in the same rocker body. What does that mean? The body gets too thin because of that big *** bearing in there.

So you have no experience and you are just guessing. Got it. Not even the same thing.

Again, the VAST majority of rocker are failures are geometry related. The VAST majority.

Sure don't look like needle bearings to me: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-66869p/make/dodge

Am I missing something???

Sure don't look like needle bearings to me: Proform Extruded Aluminum Shaft Mount Roller Rocker Arms 66869P

Am I missing something???

That’s the first PF aluminum rockers I’ve seen that are needle bearings. I read the complaints. All 7 of them. Most said they are too tight on the shaft. Maybe so, but who fits any rocker with out measuring it first? I don’t. I had to hone every single W2 rocker I had. Even the bushed ductil iron rockers. I don’t run them nearly as tight as everyone else seems to.

There was also complaints of breaking them. I’d bet everything I have, and some stuff I don’t have, not one of those clowns corrected the geometry. I’d bet they don’t even know what that means. To use a roller tip rocker and not correct the geometry is asking for a failure.

I broke some T&D rockers. It was because the customer didn’t want to spend the money to correct the geometry. He did AFTER they failed.

I may not run those rockers with 280 or more on the seat, but for 99% of what guys do on here, they’ll be fine.

I almost forgot...the other rocker killer is guys wanting to run 20 PSI oil pressure at idle. That will kill any rocker that doesn’t have needle bearings in them. The higher the spring load, the more critical idle oil pressure becomes. It doesn’t take long for a rocker not getting oil before it grabs the shaft and fails.

That’s not the rocker arms fault.

That’s the first PF aluminum rockers I’ve seen that are needle bearings. I read the complaints. All 7 of them. Most said they are too tight on the shaft. Maybe so, but who fits any rocker with out measuring it first? I don’t. I had to hone every single W2 rocker I had. Even the bushed ductil iron rockers. I don’t run them nearly as tight as everyone else seems to.

There was also complaints of breaking them. I’d bet everything I have, and some stuff I don’t have, not one of those clowns corrected the geometry. I’d bet they don’t even know what that means. To use a roller tip rocker and not correct the geometry is asking for a failure.

I broke some T&D rockers. It was because the customer didn’t want to spend the money to correct the geometry. He did AFTER they failed.

I may not run those rockers with 280 or more on the seat, but for 99% of what guys do on here, they’ll be fine.

I almost forgot...the other rocker killer is guys wanting to run 20 PSI oil pressure at idle. That will kill any rocker that doesn’t have needle bearings in them. The higher the spring load, the more critical idle oil pressure becomes. It doesn’t take long for a rocker not getting oil before it grabs the shaft and fails.

Did you even look at the link he posted? Those do NOT have needle bearings. They aren't even bushed. Just nekkid aluminum to ride on the rocker shaft.

C168AF36-C876-45E2-8F53-EBB353B99430.jpeg
9B1FA2FB-7829-44E0-B057-85FC2CA86742.jpeg
51E09D97-2C4F-4CFE-AD73-2CCE4EBCA408.jpeg
Hmm, I’ve run unbushed old school Mopar Performance roller rockers since 1992. At least 40k miles and have been run hard. After I blow one engine up, I put them on the next engine. I’ve never had a roller rocker break, not even with the bent pushrod..... There’s minimal galling as well......

View attachment 1715510326 View attachment 1715510327 View attachment 1715510328 Hmm, I’ve run unbushed old school Mopar Performance roller rockers since 1992. At least 40k miles and have been run hard. After I blow one engine up, I put them on the next engine. I’ve never had a roller rocker break, not even with the bent pushrod..... There’s minimal galling as well......

That's because you had a good oiling system on that engine. If I'm going to BUY rockers, they are gonna be bushed.

i like bushed.....

I have a very large collection of crane and mp aluminum rockers.....spares...just in case....lol

20190601_080527_resized_1.jpg

Whoops, I take that back. The standard blue ProForm rockers have needle bearings. That's a big thumbs up for the black Mopar logo rockers in my book.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was getting ready to add that , I ran the blue proform rockers for a while on one of my 406 sbc engines , they wore out fairly quick , caught it before any damage.

Wouldn`t full time oiling change that some ??

Did you even look at the link he posted? Those do NOT have needle bearings. They aren't even bushed. Just nekkid aluminum to ride on the rocker shaft.

Yes, I looked at the link to Summit but didn’t blow it up.

Doesn’t matter. As long as they don’t have a needle bearing, they’ll work for 99% of the stuff built here IF they correct the geometry.

Yes, I looked at the link to Summit but didn’t blow it up.

Doesn’t matter. As long as they don’t have a needle bearing, they’ll work for 99% of the stuff built here IF they correct the geometry.

AND the oiling system is GOOD!

-
Back