Mopar Performance Wide valve cover height needed

-

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Does any have a set of Mopar Performance wide valve covers part# P4876124 that they could measure and give me the overall height, I assume there around 3" but would like to know for sure before spending $300.00.Thanks.
dcc-4876124_w.jpg

I have a NIB set @ home. Will measure them tonight. Also they can be had for less $$. Jim

I have a set, they are 3 1/2 inches tall, and the badest LA valve cover around, although expensive.....IMO

I have a set, they are 3 1/2 inches tall, and the badest LA valve cover around, although expensive.....IMO

Thanks Replicar, I appreciate the help....I actually plan on modifying them as soon as I pull them out of the Box.....Milling off the fins and logo,stripping off the Black paint and polishing the living crap out of them, then get them Clear Anodized to protect them. Here is the motor there going it's a work in progress but you'll get why they must be shiny. Sorry for the 4"x4" but the multi port Mod Man intake isn't here yet either

Attachments

• duster 023.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 425
From the inside of the top to the gskt flange is 3". I would sell this set for $225 + frt from 74354. Jim

Thanks Replicar, I appreciate the help....I actually plan on modifying them as soon as I pull them out of the Box.....Milling off the fins and logo,stripping off the Black paint and polishing the living crap out of them, then get them Clear Anodized to protect them. Here is the motor there going it's a work in progress but you'll get why they must be shiny. Sorry for the 4"x4" but the multi port Mod Man intake isn't here yet either

They will not polish I did a set and ended up painting them silver. You will have to get them powder coated. The alluminum used is not that great. Also the tabs on the inside will hit the rockers on high lift cams. They will have to be milled off. Steve Here are two sets I have. one set silver and one set orange. Tried to polish both sets. They seal far better then any cover I ever had.

Attachments

• Copy of batten1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 429
  • Copy of batten2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 428
  • steve%20234[1].jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 412
They will not polish I did a set and ended up painting them silver. You will have to get them powder coated. The alluminum used is not that great. Also the tabs on the inside will hit the rockers on high lift cams. They will have to be milled off. Steve Here are two sets I have. one set silver and one set orange. Tried to polish both sets. They seal far better then any cover I ever had.
Damn, I wondered what those silver ones on your motor were, looks killer!

Heres a picture of a set I found that look nice and shiny. He said he polished them after milling off the fins.....So I'm gonna give it my best effort to match the look of these before I resort to paint.

Attachments

• valve covers.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 407
They will not polish I did a set and ended up painting them silver. You will have to get them powder coated. The alluminum used is not that great. Tried to polish both sets.

They will polish.....of course, I had them professionally done.

Attachments

• CHROME-LIKE-POLISHING-VALVE-COVER-246.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 393
  • CHROME-LIKE-POLISHING-VALVE-COVER-248.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 371
  • CHROME-LIKE-POLISHING-VALVE-COVER-247.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 334
sweet! by who and what price?

Here's a link to there website...Send them pictures of what you have and they will give you a price quote based on the photos and work involved...Here's how they recieved them from me. Now I think I will send out the Indy Mod man intake so everything matches up. I'm going to have them Clear Anodized which will take some shine away but I wont have to polish them.

http://www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com/

View attachment CHROME-LIKE-POLISHING-VALVE-COVER-BEFORE-84.jpg

Wow I will be sending them a set > I couldn't do it I tried. That is why I have fabricated on mine now. They look awsome. I too will be sending intake and covers. What was the cost if You don't mind?

Wow I will be sending them a set > I couldn't do it I tried. That is why I have fabricated on mine now. They look awsome. I too will be sending intake and covers. What was the cost if You don't mind?

Tony at Mirror finish polishing quoted me $390 for the Indy Mod Man Intake and the valve covers were $155 ea...kind of expensive but I had to do it once I looked at some of there work they have pics of on their website. Turn around was 4 weeks.

-
Back