Mopar Quiz on a Dart color combination.

-

Mike Parks

Reaction score
Maybe there is someone out there that can answer this question. How many 1970 Dodge Dart 340 Swingers were made in the Cream Color with a Parchment Green rear Stripe? Not many! I had one in 1971 and it was factory original with tan interior but I have never seen one since. I have seen a green Charger with the Parchment stripe but never another Dart. I think the green stripe was only availible on Cream and Green exteriors and I have read that very few 340 swingers were Cream so that would make that combination rare.

How many 1970 Dodge Dart 340 Swingers were made in the Cream Color with a Parchment Green rear Stripe?

No one knows that. Chrysler did not track combinations of options, so if any one gives you a number, ask for proof and they will have none.

I think the green stripe was only availible on Cream and Green exteriors

The green stripe was also recommended with five paint colors, see the page at the link below.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1970/70_Dart0008.jpg

(but if someone wanted a green stripe on with a non-recommended paint choice, they could still get it)

No one knows that. Chrysler did not track combinations of options, so if any one gives you a number, ask for proof and they will have none.

The green stripe was also recommended with five paint colors, see the page at the link below.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1970/70_Dart0008.jpg

(but if someone wanted a green stripe on with a non-recommended paint choice, they could still get it)
You think there would be a count on how many Dy3 Cream Swingers were made in 1970?

Try to contact Galen Govier.
Chrysler did track all that, there were copies of the build sheets, how else do people like mark worman know that they have a 1 of ? Based on options such as color.
If you look hard enough you will find your answer

If he answers you, he'll want $199 up front, he'll ignore you for 6 months, will finally answer you, and it'll be incorrect information.
I just figured it would be a fun quiz. I know there are those that are more than happy to share their knowlege and I am greatful for them. The chances of me finding a car with those options are almost nill and I just wanted to know my chances. But thanks still, to all of you that have the knowlege and share.

I just figured it would be a fun quiz. I know there are those that are more than happy to share their knowlege and I am greatful for them. The chances of me finding a car with those options are almost nill and I just wanted to know my chances. But thanks still, to all of you that have the knowlege and share.
Re read Alaskan_Ta's post. He is a expert at this stuff. Like he said, Chrysler didn't keep track of how many cars were built with specific options or colors. Year, model and usually engine an transmission is all you get.

Re read Alaskan_Ta's post. He is a expert at this stuff. Like he said, Chrysler didn't keep track of how many cars were built with specific options or colors. Year, model and usually engine an transmission is all you get.
Like I had questioned before, how are you guys figuring out those numbers then ?

IF someone had all the buildsheets they could do a breakdown of combos BUT that would be a lot of work !
Did Galen have access to Chrysler documents ? I know he has been doing this since the mid eighties but computer technology /programming and spredsheets were not so easy to develope back then . It would have taken a fleet of personel .

IF someone had all the buildsheets they could do a breakdown of combos BUT that would be a lot of work !
Did Galen have access to Chrysler documents ? I know he has been doing this since the mid eighties but computer technology /programming and spredsheets were not so easy to develope back then . It would have taken a fleet of personel .
Exactly. He has been compiling Mopar information for decades. It's good for our hobby that he did. Is it all perfect? Should he charge for his information, work and services? That's up to you. I wouldn't go to any Mopar swap meet without my pocket parts guide. Production figures? Unless there is other information out there his are all we have to go by.

Last edited:
They tracked price class, body- 2 and 4 door etc, and engine trans combo.

The only color figures are as a percentage of total sales of car line, NOT in combination with any options.

Last edited:
I have no opinion on Galen . I have known of him since the 80's and I have no issue with someone charging for their expertise . Seems many bad mouth him but I don't know the story driving their opinion .
As far as him being inacurate I am sure there are cars out their that were one off combos , special orders or plain ole mistakes on the line .

-
Back