Mopar Starters

-

Murray

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How many starter/belhousing dust shields are there? Are all V8's the same? I have two, can you identify them? Thanks.
100_2982.JPG

I'm sure that slant, small block, and B/RB are all different. There my be more when you get into "heavy truck" and industrial.

There are several depending on engine/transmission/bell housing combination. Most small blocks used a large dust shield that covered most of the lower section of the bell housing. There are a few versions of that too.

Yours looks to be the most common slant 6 and BB version.

A post related question.
Are all seventies Mopar starters the same?
The 1970 Challenger/Dart service manual indicates Mopar #2875560 starter part number for all engines. From slant sixes to 440, including 426 hemi.

Mopar starters come in 3 or 4 different lengths. U can change from 1 to the other. When u use the higher amperage starter on a small block u may have to remove the brace that comes from the block to the tranny on the drivers side as it and/or the bolt that holds it to the block will interfere causing misalignment. Kim

How many starter/belhousing dust shields are there? Are all V8's the same? I have two, can you identify them? Thanks.View attachment 1715952496
I didn't know any better those look like they're the same but ones flipped over and upside down..
I've not found anything superior to a pick and pull magnum starter... The 175,000 mi one in my wife's Durango is factory the one in my 150,000 mile ram is factory and the two that I have one of my 73 duster and one in my 74 power wagon are both from the junkyard for $22... Cleaned up with WD-40...
I had any problem with all four starters and all four factory mini starters...

-
Back