Mopar three speed manual transmissions??

-

J-Rat

66 DART
Reaction score
Looking for info on the manual three speeds that are out there and what there worth. I have one that's been pulled and sitting in the shed it was a floor shifter not a three on the tree. I am looking for info on what they were in and what the value they are. Thanks for any help on the matter!😎

They aren't rare and you ain't gonna get rich.

I keep a spare, but if someone offered me 80 bucks for it I would tell them 75 & load it for them.

"The rest of the conversion," tunnel, pedals, linkage and bell, etc is worth far more that that gearbox LOL

that 3 speed does not shift very nice for sure, and not very desirable. maybe the shifter is worth more than the tranny.? around here more people give them away than find a buyer.

a three speed is not just a 3 speed ...there were multiple models and some are tougher than others, some were fully sync, some were not, early ones had a ball and trunion, later did not, Some had a short tail shaft, some had the long tail shaft.................. some are top loader, some are side loader....................

what kind is this that we are talking about????

how about a pic

And since the ratios are fairly wide, they are more suited to low rpm useage. The A230 fully synchronized (side-cover) is the only 3spd worth contemplating if you have a v8. And then only with a lo-performance set-up or a cam with a short period and a very wide LDA, such as any oem cam.
The top-loaders (A745, A903) are not strong enough for anything but stock type useage, and as far as I have seen, none had 1st gear synchros, so that makes downshifting into first tricky and sloow. And the clutch-departure has to be adequate to allow a neutral to first clean engagement at a stop.As for me, I wouldn't allocate shopspace to store one of these, unless perhaps if it was pristine.

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure witch one it is I will have to look at the numbers on it when I dig it out of the shed. I didn't really know if it was something to hang on to or just get rid of it.

-
Back