Mopars anyone

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
No box to the lanes
If you haven’t been to a Norwalk Mopar race it sure be on your to do list.

IMG_1840.jpeg

IMG_1839.jpeg

The only problem with that picture is I dont see me.

Hell yeah! I wish we had something like that near us.... ****, even a few states away and I'm there!

Awesome, I really really hope I can finish my car for this season. We have a very small Mopar show at my "home" track, I think this will be the 3rd year of it and I'd love to run it.

Plan to be there this year. Have a wedding the week before so can’t make Moparty for the first time since they started it.
Also planning Mopar event at Dragway 42 in early August.

Every year we try for that and fall way short. Not as many Mopars around and many are chasing points at their local strip. Also the big dollar meets draw cars. Something our small Mopar car club can't compete with.

mopar maxx 2021 flier test.jpg

I Want to try and make Norwalk some day , sure looks like a fun meet ! It would be a hike from North Jersey though. I try every year by posting to on a few Mopar websites about my local track Island Dragway Mopar at the Patch race to get attendance up and every year and we only get few Mopars . Last year the original date was rained out so they had it in the fall combined with the rained out Ford race and it was kind of fun.... BTW Mopars at the Patch June 9th this year

I Want to try and make Norwalk some day , sure looks like a fun meet ! It would be a hike from North Jersey though. I try every year by posting to on a few Mopar websites about my local track Island Dragway Mopar at the Patch race to get attendance up and every year and we only get few Mopars . Last year the original date was rained out so they had it in the fall combined with the rained out Ford race and it was kind of fun.... BTW Mopars at the Patch June 9th this year

Not many tracks can support a Mopar only event. Keystone used to but without sponsors it’s rough. It’s now a Mopar vs the world and lately has been knocked down to a track ran Friday night test n tune and a Saturday race. So many people started pulling out Saturday night or Sunday morning that it made a two day event a big money loser. I didn’t even go for a one day event last year. I like to set up and enjoy 3 days.

Not many tracks can support a Mopar only event. Keystone used to but without sponsors it’s rough. It’s now a Mopar vs the world and lately has been knocked down to a track ran Friday night test n tune and a Saturday race. So many people started pulling out Saturday night or Sunday morning that it made a two day event a big money loser. I didn’t even go for a one day event last year. I like to set up and enjoy 3 days.
Very true .. I attend every Mopar Atlantic Nats at Englishtown all 31 or so of them except a few that were rained out .. I used to go Friday night and stay until Sunday getting a hotel room despite only living 50 miles / an hour away . We used to have a lot of fun !! at least there it was Mopars only except vs the World Friday night. I don't understand the low attendance at Mopar races every year Mountain Mike has a Mopar race at South Mountain Raceway the Friday night of Chryslers at Carlisle despite being over 3,000 cars sat Carlisle only a few show up at the race. I really like this race and have done pretty well at it and to tell the truth its the main reason I go to Carlisle

IMG_0424.jpeg

Very true .. I attend every Mopar Atlantic Nats at Englishtown all 31 or so of them except a few that were rained out .. I used to go Friday night and stay until Sunday getting a hotel room despite only living 50 miles / an hour away . We used to have a lot of fun !! at least there it was Mopars only except vs the World Friday night. I don't understand the low attendance at Mopar races every year Mountain Mike has a Mopar race at South Mountain Raceway the Friday night of Chryslers at Carlisle despite being over 3,000 cars sat Carlisle only a few show up at the race. I really like this race and have done pretty well at it and to tell the truth its the main reason I go to Carlisle

I’ve never been to Carlisle so I’ve never been to that track either.

No box to the lanes
If you haven’t been to a Norwalk Mopar race it sure be on your to do list.

View attachment 1716214910

View attachment 1716214911
I try to make it to the Norwalk Mopar show every year. From Michigan I can drive down in the morning, enjoy a long day of action as a spectator, then make the drive home. One of these days I hope to actually make some runs there on the track.
The swap meet is not as big as it used to be but I like the show overall because there is still lots of racing action. The facility is top notch.

If you come all the way from jersey I will buy you hot dog. If you bring your car and race I will add on a large soda and a ice cream.

You are close enough that you should just do it this year. I will see you there.
I work 70 hours a week... i literally do nothing else... have been to norwalk 1 time and it's an amazing track though, really couldn't ask for a better place

I try to make it to the Norwalk Mopar show every year. From Michigan I can drive down in the morning, enjoy a long day of action as a spectator, then make the drive home. One of these days I hope to actually make some runs there on the track.
The swap meet is not as big as it used to be but I like the show overall because there is still lots of racing action. The facility is top notch.

If you come all the way from jersey I will buy you hot dog. If you bring your car and race I will add on a large soda and a ice cream.

Be careful now. They raised the price of the ice cream.

Be careful now. They raised the price of the ice cream.
Yes they did. I don't blame them with everything else being so expensive these days. But they also changed to ready-to-go containers instead of scooping every one that is ordered. So now the ice cream line moves much faster.

I Want to try and make Norwalk some day , sure looks like a fun meet ! It would be a hike from North Jersey though. I try every year by posting to on a few Mopar websites about my local track Island Dragway Mopar at the Patch race to get attendance up and every year and we only get few Mopars . Last year the original date was rained out so they had it in the fall combined with the rained out Ford race and it was kind of fun.... BTW Mopars at the Patch June 9th this
Guy I sold my W5 Duster to has become a good friend since. He has come from Jersey several times to the Norwalk Mopar race. Last we talked, coming this year too.

IMG_0043.jpeg

-
Back