mopars at E TOWN

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
anyone going?? ill be there the whole weekend with the entire ancient warrior drag racing gang. ill be driving my yellow 67 notch cuda, if anyone see's my car in the pits parked next to 5 blue race cars stop in and say hello!!

Yup. I used to go every year with a group that had been going since the 80s. I don't know what happened to the organizational system but everything got expensive and terribly run when it went from "Mopars at Englishtown" to The Mopar Atlantic Nationals... I'm talking about the swap/racing... I was never a car show guy. Last time I went was the year it rained and had some heavy winds and the track wouldnt open until like 11 so we sat in the car waiting. I think it was 2002 or 3? Haven't been back and now it's simply too expensive for me to drive and stay down there.

I will be there as I have every year:toothy5:This will be 2 year in a row that my junk won't br there,got sumptin to do with cash flow or the LACK thereof.Might get on the engine dyno by then but the $1300 for a converter is the next big obsticle.Hope by Carlisle/Beaver Springs I can get my **** together:sleepy3:

Attachments

• 5-21-S6_066.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 466
  • 5-21-S6%20067.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 470
  • ****!!! 024.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 474
  • rods 002.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 484
  • garage 4 056.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 465
i can't be bothered with that lame *** event. here is the flyer though..

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

preregistration.jpg

Yup. I used to go every year with a group that had been going since the 80s. I don't know what happened to the organizational system but everything got expensive and terribly run when it went from "Mopars at Englishtown" to The Mopar Atlantic Nationals... I'm talking about the swap/racing... I was never a car show guy. Last time I went was the year it rained and had some heavy winds and the track wouldnt open until like 11 so we sat in the car waiting. I think it was 2002 or 3? Haven't been back and now it's simply too expensive for me to drive and stay down there.

I remember that year! That sucked!

We used to go down with a whole entourage ourselves. It's when they switched weekend on us.... Used to be on the first weekend in June, then it was moved to the current schedule. Hasn't been the same since. Hence we do not go anymore. :(

Love to go, but got my EMS recert that weekend,...plus none of my buds (aka the "usual suspects") can make It,...Hate to go solo anyway...

It WAS the biggest and badest at one time. I have all the mags and some videos (Brice Road) about how AWESOME it was. When I went a few years ago I saw nothing but a dive. I found out that New Jersey State went in one year and taxed all the vendors; crushed all of them with taxes and fines. Lesson learned. Now, no one goes and thus depriving the local community of thousands of dollars. They sure told us: Take your money elsewhere! The general consensus is that Carlisle is the best over Ohio, New Jersey etc. Can anyone chime in about Vegas or shows out West?

PS: Spring Carlisle this weekend.

I will be going on Sat. Not much else for us Mopers better than nothing.

I'll be going, just like every year. Wouldn't miss it. I'll go until it's canceled.

i think ramcharger can agree with me on this, i think some of you guys are just a taddd bit jaded. ok it might not be what it used to be. but just realize guys like me and ramcharger DONT HAVE A RACETRAK ON LONG ISLAND. sooo im so extremley thankfull that e town even has a mopar day and wouldnt miss it for the world as long as i have my barracuda.

The last (and only) strip in CT closed in 1986. I'll admit it's a little to do with "jaded". It's just not a solid enough return for my investment anymore. I had stopped selling by the time the tax guys came. But it didnt change the 3hr wait at the gate, the confusion on the part of staff, the two different track tech guys that wanted to bust me for being too loud, then the hour wait for the head tech inspector to be told the other guys were fools (his words), or the two total runs I got that day because of that and other delays for my entry fees.

I agree that a couple of years ago it was B/S and brfore that it ws great but in past couple of years it has been getting better. I remember the time they made the cars go down the dirt parking lot before we go in I was pissed . A stick go stuck under my car .

A couple of years ago they were going to have a dyno machine for this event. It was advertised on Raceways Park mailout flyer, guess what..... No dyno machine!

I'm not a real experienced event person. But I have some minor stuff I've done. Maybe that was why it was a big deal to me. Honestly now, with gas here at 4.25 for 89 and hotels at $180+ a night I can't afford it right now anyway.

A couple of years ago they were going to have a dyno machine for this event. It was advertised on Raceways Park mailout flyer, guess what..... No dyno machine!

And that's why you're not going? I dunno, wouldn't you rather see the cars go down the track?

And if you want to 'dyno' your car, the only accurate dyno actually is the track.

Amazing the excuses some of you guys come up with not to attend this event. :scratch:

And that's why you're not going? I dunno, wouldn't you rather see the cars go down the track?

And if you want to 'dyno' your car, the only accurate dyno actually is the track.

Amazing the excuses some of you guys come up with not to attend this event.

Amazing the arrogance you display by saying that...lol.

Honestly now, with gas here at 4.25 for 89 and hotels at $180+ a night I can't afford it right now anyway.

i have a feeling that a few shows are going to be hurt because of that this year.

me i'm not going to e-town for a simple reason. the event blows. its a waste of time and money for me.

This thread is starting to look all too familiar. I could search the others but they're pretty much the same.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51832&highlight=englishtown

True, it's not what it used to be but I'll keep going as long as they have it. It's a Mopar show with a drag strip and on Saturday's there are lots of street cars and you can get plenty of runs in. If the A, B, C, E etc groups showed up it would be so much better. My car is not running yet but I will be there on Saturday with a few other A-bod members.

This thread is starting to look all too familiar. I could search the others but they're pretty much the same.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51832&highlight=englishtown

True, it's not what it used to be but I'll keep going as long as they have it. It's a Mopar show with a drag strip and on Saturday's there are lots of street cars and you can get plenty of runs in. If the A, B, C, E etc groups showed up it would be so much better. My car is not running yet but I will be there on Saturday with a few other A-bod members.

no one faults you for going. if you want to go then go. . but don't fault those for not going because they think it sucks and is a waste of money for them. maybe if e-town and the clowns that run it didn't ruin the event then the a,b,c,e etc groups would show up. there are just too many other places to go and enjoy to support a place that couldn't care less about us. its there job to make us want to go, not our job to blindly follow their lame ***.

no one faults you for going. if you want to go then go. . but don't fault those for not going because they think it sucks and is a waste of money for them. maybe if e-town and the clowns that run it didn't ruin the event then the a,b,c,e etc groups would show up. there are just too many other places to go and enjoy to support a place that couldn't care less about us. its there job to make us want to go, not our job to blindly follow their lame ***.

+1 here. NJ is expensive to tow through also.

Amazing the excuses some of you guys come up with not to attend this event. :scratch:

No, I am going. Just seems like false advertising. I have dynoed before and ran the track numerous times. The dyno will give specific info, and bragging rights. lol

And again Im going to say, Sat should be test and tune/ run whatcha brung.

A couple years ago there werent too many guys running the track. The track announcers invited anyone in attendance to do a run, as long as they passed tech. Guess what, instant action. Plenty of people ran the track. The announcers were baffled by the sudden change. Upon asking the drivers why they didnt race before, most stated they were unfamiliar with bracket racing and they just wanted to have fun. Im getting this info from the track announcers. The only way to get this show going again is change. That will up the attendance. And like others have said, I will go and support this show to the end.

I'll be there Sunday, I won't run Saturday cause I have better things to do with my money than buy mufflers to make people happy that shouldn't have bought a house close to the track/airport in the first place!

32010060.jpg

-
Back