Mopars at e-town...

-
are you talk'n about Englishtown NJ. I spent alot of time there in the 70's with my dad and uncle. great times!

are you talk'n about Englishtown NJ. I spent alot of time there in the 70's with my dad and uncle. great times!

Yes i'am.. a lot of people badmouth the event and yes it's NOT what it was,but its still a weekend away with the same group of people year after year racing drinking and enjoying each others company and thats what it's all about:D:D

i haven't been to e-town but i have friends who race their gtx there. we go to carlisle and lake george for the adirondack national car show. we got in again this year.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 582
  • 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 601
I grew up in NY. My dad used to take me to E-town in the early 70's when I was still a wee lad. When I started driving, my buddies and I would head out there on Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! to watch whatever was running.

Lots of good memories. I've never been to any type of car show there, but any Mopar event has got to be better than no Mopar event, right?

Run in the opposite direction. Waste of time and money.
I believe it is what you make it. To tell you how good it was last year ,me and my wife were supposed to go to a family reunion and ended up staying until 6pm. I always have a good time there. Mark

wow I thought that show ended 4 years ago it was so bad.

Last time I was there the E-Town staff made it so bad I haven't been back.

I've been on a lot of different kinds of starting lines over the years, but there is something special about staging at Englishtown and then blasting down that track. I missed last year but we will be running this year.

I've been on a lot of different kinds of starting lines over the years, but there is something special about staging at Englishtown and then blasting down that track. I missed last year but we will be running this year.

I have to agree with ya' something about that place..and i think a LOT of people didn't attend last year maybe e-town got the message that 1 day only sucks,,,

Run in the opposite direction. Waste of time and money.

Well have fun doing whatever it is you are gonna do that day. Tiddly winks? Macrame? Organizing your stamp collection?

Never understand why people say stuff like this. Been going for a long time, will continue to go until I can't anymore. It's not Carlisle but last time I checked there's no national event race track on the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

Had fun last time I went, hoping to sell my ragtop barracuda there this year.
The etown spring & fall swap meets are kinda lame if you're a mopar guy. Not going to them again.
Carlisle is just too damn hot in July! I melt.

One week away weather is looking nice 80's and sunshine all weekend..ya baby the pool at the hotel will be nice each day after racing:D:D

looking forward to it,,glad they made it a full weekend again,,, ive been there but havent had a car there since 2000....they are celebrating the cuda/challenger 50th annv,, dont think 1970 is 50 years old yet,,,wth,,,,lol

ill be there if it dont rain,,,and if i can get down my street,,scraping and repaving to start soon,,,, see you saturday

looking forward to it,,glad they made it a full weekend again,,, ive been there but havent had a car there since 2000....they are celebrating the cuda/challenger 50th annv,, dont think 1970 is 50 years old yet,,,wth,,,,lol

ill be there if it dont rain,,,and if i can get down my street,,scraping and repaving to start soon,,,, see you saturday

Stop by..we usual pit down by the 1/8 mile staging lanes plenty of food and drink:D

-
Back