Mopars at thunder mountain

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A good day for a show on the mountain. Only hade time for a couple of pics,as every time I could get down to the show ponies, they would call my class for a time run. Maybe some of the other guys have some more pics to post. But here's what I got. The Dart is mine in the pits. The Daytona is a Hemi auto still owned by the original owner.

dart at track -1.jpg

Bobs car.jpg

71 Cuda roadracer, roadrace AMX, also runs in the Silver state classic.
63 Max wedge Dodge. And my freinds 72 Duster all smiles after a semi finals finish.

road race cuda.jpg

road race amx.jpg

Mr Solko.jpg

Mr Merkel-1.jpg

Here's some more pics for everyone.

Look, here's jaws tearing it up!
P5031096.jpg

P5031095.jpg

This A-100 was pulling 12's IIRC. Nice sleeper!
P5031089.jpg

10 sec. car here:
P5031086.jpg

This blown alcohol Viper was pulling very traction limited low 7's @ 200+ mph.
P5031084.jpg

Here's my daughter and the "Pink Panther", Lisanne.
P5031098.jpg

Everyone that I met was super nice. One gal racer gave Melissa, my daughter, a poster, another guy racing a Prowler gave her a die-cast Prowler and Lisanne and her husband spent a bunch of time talking with us. I swear the kid just has to smile and doors just open.

jaws, that '72 Duster was your friends? Very nice car as well as yours. I would have had more pics but I need a bigger memory card for the camera.

Here's a couple more. There were a lot of people there, more than could fit in two pics.

P5031090.jpg

P5031091.jpg

Hes had the Duster about 3 years now. First time where he went deep into eliminations. So he was having a very good time. Wsa that A-100 cool or what?

Hey, I was there yesterday too! Brought my whole family along too (dad, mom, 2 bros)! I got there kind of late though (~1:00) so I didn't get to see everything. I saw that Hemi Daytona though, that thing was nice! Bet it's worth a pretty penny. Saw a lot of nice Dusters and other A-bod's, as well as some cool 50's Mopars. There was a great '54 Chrysler New Yorker, I'll have to tell my grandpa about that 'cause he drove my great-grandfather's '51 New Yorker back when he was a young Navy lad. There was also a beautiful white '57 300C that was my mom's favorite car of the show. I've got loads of pics BTW, I'll have to post some up.

Here are some pics:

'54 Chrysler New Yorker + engine
DSC02488.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

'57 Chrysler 300C + engine
DSC02491.jpg

DSC02492.jpg

'76 (I'm not sure) Plymouth Fury cop car (there's my dad standing there with the "BOSS" shirt:lol:)
DSC02497.jpg

Some Pro-Touring-style '70 383 'Cuda
DSC02508.jpg

An XV 6.1L HEMI-powered '70 'Cuda
DSC02511.jpg

I would post some pics of A-bodies, but I only took videos of walking past them.

Hes had the Duster about 3 years now. First time where he went deep into eliminations. So he was having a very good time. Wsa that A-100 cool or what?

Tell your friend congratz! it's a great feeling. Yes, that A-100 was not what I expected to see and it hauled ***.

Great Pics Mopekid and Alaskan t/a's friend Mike!

Here's my daughter and the "Pink Panther", Lisanne.
P5031098.jpg

Everyone that I met was super nice. One gal racer gave Melissa, my daughter, a poster, another guy racing a Prowler gave her a die-cast Prowler and Lisanne and her husband spent a bunch of time talking with us. I swear the kid just has to smile and doors just open.
bow.gif

LOL! Hey Chris, glad to see you're still around. We were talking about you about 5 minutes before I took this picture. :-D Don't worry man, it was all good.

For those who don't know, this 'Cuda runs 10.40's with iron heads at Bandimere which is about 6,000' above sea level. I still can't get a straight answer as to who ports their heads, lol! It may be pink, but it is seriously bad ***.

Thanks, Joe. No wonder my ears were ringing, LOL. Yeah that b'cuda sure does well for what it is. A good engine combo goes along way, of course they have quite a bit invested into their transmission, too. :-D

A good engine combo goes along way, of course they have quite a bit invested into their transmission, too. :-D

LOL! You don't say? Since you're sponsoring them, i'm hoping you gave 'em break, lol!

BTW, I wanted to let you know that the advice and parts for the Ramcharger were right on and it shifts and hooks great. I wish I would have purchased a higher stall converter but that's my fault. :)

I got a Hughes XTM 4X4 converter and it wants to pull the truck hard enough at idle (900 rpm) that I just bump my Megashifter into neutral at stop lights. It's supposed to stall @ 1800 rpm but I think thats a flash stall rating. any suggestions?

Here's some specs:

3.55 gears
Full time 4WD
33x 12.5 tires
216 degrees @ .050 lift
Probably about 4200+ pounds
takes off like a bat out of hell @ 2500 rpm, don't have the handling down to risk finding the upper rpm limit.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Oh yeah 10.2 measured compression and it is LOUD man, lol! I'm running headers and Dynomax turbos and this thing is a cop magnet. No pre-ignition at this altitude.

Thanks for everything and have a great day!

-
Back