Mopars @ Englishtown, May 19th & 20th

-

MB43

Reaction score
Anybody going to Englishtown on May 19th or 20th?

Mopar07.jpg

I'll be there! This is part of the HHP "LXforums Shootout Points Series".

I hope to have all the mods done to the Daytona by the 1st week of May. I'm looking to get deep into the 12s.

There's also a 1 day HHP "Shootout" on the 14th of April. I hope to have the 2800 RPM stall & 325 M&H Racemaster drag radials installed by then along W/a proper port match for my 6.1 intake manifold. That should get me close to 13 flat, perhaps a high 12.

When I get home I can post some links. I can't post links on this computer @ work.

You can go to lxforums.com & do a search. Look under the vendors forums for HHP (High Horse Performance)

Which day are you going?

Nobody else is going? Just me and PowerWagon?

I'll be there....just don't know which day yet. Hell.... I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow, never mind next month! :)

i'll be there. been going for the past 10 yrs. it seems to be getting worse every year.
last year half the vendors did'nt show up ???

for the LX Nats with my 300c.

My 69 GTS 440 is a show car only and will never see the track

Hope to meet some of you guys there.
Chas

Sunday only for us this year. The motor for the Swinger may not be done yet but my Brother in Laws Duster will be there in full force

Was'nt going to go,but hey we've been going for years why stop now we'll be there fri,sat,and sunday.....

A BODY JOE,, i AGREE, my weeknd to work as usuall,,,, i havent take a car to show since 2000 or 01,,,but i cant complain that year they used my cuda to advertise the following years event,,then bob riggle asked me to be a tow vehicle for the hemi under glass,,hung out all day at his trailer,,,a dream come true,,i only go to look around,,,you can see the parts swpa in 30 minutes,, if you are A slow walker,,il be there sunday,,looking at all the over priced junk they couldnt sell the day before,,,, car bbq is a better show,,lol

I'm probably going Sunday, I like to watch the Super Stockers. Those things are animals... And I'm hoping to have my motor back together so I can race that day.

I have been there Saturday for the last 3 years. I should be there this year as well. Anyone remember me breaking the rear last year?

I don't think I was there last year... it rained one day? Or was supposed to?

Received my pre-registration today,$20.00 to race on Sat.,but $35.00 on Sunday...

Whats up with getting the pre reg stuff less than a week before the cut off date?

i also noted they cancelled the sunday judged car show, thats it, i ain't going 5 hours for a peoples choice car when it only had 75 cars the last time and it was judged then. Count me out, too far for thats become a small local evet.

im brand new to mopars ive always had.. well "others"..... needless to say i own one now and im enjoying learning from all you guys out there with lots of experience to share.

Anyways.. I didnt see anyone mention it here.. but my dad told me last night this may actually be the last Englishtown show. reason being is that all the houses that grew up around the track are now complaining that they really make to much noise.. According to my dad.. the town has essentially given them the line.. they can sell to a developer.. for 18-30 mil or something or the town will shut them down..

Now i havent heard this from an offical source.. Other than my dad.. who i personally consider an offical source but you may not :) But if its true.. and im kinda looking for some verification.. it might be worth doing what we can do for the extra turnout. I was not planning on going but if someone can confirm that this is the case.. i will make the trip.

I went to the spring show on last sat
only one mopar vendor
they didnt even print up t shirts
they said they dont sell first time in 20 yrs of going
I thought i was at a home depot with mowers and rusty old tools
no bumper boyz either
the writing is on the wall!
going to carlise
mike

welll last weekend was spring e town,,,not a mopar event,,,sadly its a chevy world,,, and there were a few guys on the spectator side selling used mopar stuff,, and to vendors selling new mopar stuff,,,jacks and herbs,,,i perfer herb my self,,,
since i moved back to this area in 1998 there has been a rumor about the locals trying to shut down E TOWN,,,the track has been there 40 years,,, those people new it was there when they purchased those homes,,so they need to learn to deal with it,,,,,as for shutting down,, i dont think so,,, at the main gate,, on the right is a dirt track for motor cycles,, on the left there is a sign saying,,,road race course comming,,,,and construction has started,, so i dont think they would be spending money building a new road race course if there were about to go under,,,as for the mopar stuff,, there is never hardly any at spring e town,,, there is more junk lawn mowers,, bikecycle,, washing maching junk then there are car parts,,and the mopar event isnt much to write home about either any more,,it has been geting smaller and smaller every year for the last 10 years,, mainly do to how it is run,,,and the fact ,,that all the show car guys do nothing but cry if they dont get a 10 dollar prize,,for there show car,,its that attitude that has taken a toll on the amount of cars there,, the drag racing is still a kool part of that event,,,and you can see all of the swap meet in an hour,,,if you want tons of cars,,and parts,, go to chrysler at carlisle,,, it is second to none,, as far as mopar events,,

I helped Bill "Maverick" Golden change the trans in his Little Red Wagon one year. His pit crew had bailed on him for the weekend and a buddy of mine happened to know him a little. He made a run, blew the 727 on the line and when he got back to the pits, Aaron asked him if he needed some help and we proceeded to climb in the bed and make it happen. WOW that HEMI is big!!!

-
Back