Mopars in tv & movies

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
I am a elvis fan & a NCIS fan. There is a lot of dodges in elvis movies & in NCIS tv shows. Has anyone else noticed that ? I have heard that Mark Harmon is a mopar man along with Goldburg & Hulk Hogan. WHO ELSE IS INTO MOPARS ?:headbang:

Goldberg and booker t were in ch town wrestling a few years back they drove by a gas station I was at they turned around and came back just to see my car. both of them were down to earth soft spoken men nothing like there characters lol

not sure about actual actors but all the "cool" cartoons drive them

there was young homer in a 70 roadrunner ?

snake in a 74 charger

boomhauer in what might be a hemi A body?

and boomhauers back up car, 70 superbee

I am going to show my age , but there were a lot of cool mopar's on the Beverly Hillbilly's back in the day!

Yeah,I remember the red '70 Challenger Convert on the Beverly Hillbillies. I grew up close by where Hulk Hogan lived and yes he is a Mopar Man. He use to visit the Dodge dealership I worked at with his son when he was just a little one.

The Bluesmobile is a 1974 Dodge Monaco sedan that was prominently featured in the 1980 film, The Blues Brothers.

Bill Goldburg has quite a few mopars, he was at carlisle a few years back. Also I remember seeing an episode of american chopper where Paul Sr. was getting a bike out of his home garage and in the background was a black '69 superbee.

Marcus Whelby MD drove a Chrysler Imperial , and MR Eds dad had a early 50s dodge pick up , Adam 12 drove Satellites and Ramblers . The ranger on Flipper has a Jeep pickup , and lets not forget the the Mopars the Bradys drove , 71 barracuda & Satellite wagon . Dennis Weaver had a 4dr Valiant in the movie Duel . Also just about every time you hear a car start in the movies its a Mopar starter sound .

I just found this one last year.
Had you?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s01u_aIKEcI"]Speedway - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

and lets not forget the working class hero....Al Bundy
he had 2 different "dodges" which were actually dusters

im pretty sure there is a thread about them around here somewhere ;)

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry a Peter Fonda movie he drove a 69 or 70 Charger which gets destroyed at the end of the movie.

Vanishing Point- 70 Challenger

Death Proof- 69-70 Charger & 70 Challenger

Bullitt- 68 Charger

Christine- 58 plymouth fury

Fast & Furious movie series- 70 charger, srt8 challenger, 70 challenger, 70 charger daytona, 70 gtx, 70 roadrunner

Vin Diesel loves Mopars! Have you ever noticed in just about every movie he is in he drives a black Mopar. Knockaround guys he drives a black Dodge van, Fast and Furious, he drives a black Charger, Black Challenger.

Dazed & Confused- Ben Affleck drives a 73-74 Duster

I'll date myself here too, but Mannix drove what looks to be a GTS 'vert -

WWDOct2011_Mannix%20Dart%20screencap%20from%201969.jpg

And later on, a '72 Cuda 'vert -

mannix70cuda1.jpg

yea, the dart that mannix drove was built by barris,, every elvis movie he is driving a mopar, i met goldburg once he is a down to earth guy

It seems like tv shows always have one make of vehicles. Criminal Minds has chevy, Bones has Toyota and NCIS has Mopar! I love NCIS and I LOVE Gibbs' Hemi Challenger!

My Buddy has a w500 dump truck that was in a whoopi Goldberg movie but we can't seem to find it. This truck was restored for the movie and than sat until he bought it.

And don't forget the Mod Squad- they had a cool 72 challenger convertible- and YES I said a 72- it was a 71 that had been converted to a 72 for the show, except they did not change the 71 side markers or strip!!

can't remember the title, but one Elvis movie (ill Bixby costarred)they drove a 67-69 Dart convertible. Also there is a commericial for Valvoline(or some oil)that at the end shows what appears to be a late 60's Mopar (has delta taillights). The general tire/American tire commericial starts out showing the dash of a car that resembles and a-body non ralley dash.

Mr. Phelps in the TV Series 'Mission Imposible'

Drove a customized 1968 Dodge Coronet 500 {convertible}

Exterior Color; Light Gold 'H-Code'
Convertible Top; White
Interior; Off-White
Bucket Seats w/Console

Customized by George Barris, it was a 383/330 HP 4-Barrel with an Automatic.

With Hood Scoops 'functional', Body-Side Scoops and 'Dual' Fender-mounted Sport Racing Mirrors.

Custom Tonneau cover

Nick Beringer who worked on the car, said it was a 16.00 @ 84 MPH ~ 3650 Pound 'Lug'
when they first got it. Then we went to work,,,,,,,,,

* 3.91 Gears w/Sure-Grip
* B & M Transmission
* 'Special' Heavy-Duty Suspension w/Hurst Shocks
* Tricked #2843906 Cylinder Heads with 3/Angle Valve Job and milled .030"
* Street Hemi 'Grind' Hydraulic Camshaft {.475" Lift ~ 280* Duration}
* 440 Magnum Valve Springs
* Chrome Valve Covers
* Carter #4429S AVS 750 CFM Carburetor
* 2" Carburetor Riser-Plate
* Performance Curve Distributor and High-Performance Ignition Wiring
* Custom Air-Cleaner w/Fresh-Air Induction from the Hood Scoops
* Street Hemi Mufflers 'Low-Restriction'
* 'Mickey Thompson' Rader 5-Spoke Mag Wheels
* F-70 x 14" Black Wall Wide-Ovals

Performance Test @ Irwindale Raceway = 14.11 @ 100.50 MPH {Top Speed 130 MPH}

i180188.jpg

i181279.jpg

Ah...Its my Central Pa English! The truck is not lost...we can't find the MOVIE! You guys know ...me think yous guys are playing with me.....LOL

-
Back