Mopart

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
Yard art 'Beetle'. My neighbor made it from the rotted out fenders of my '74 Dart parts car.

IMGP5459-Res.jpg

IMGP6041.jpg

IMGP6178.jpg

IMGP6186.jpg

IMGP6189.jpg

Yes, that is cool!!

Awesome!
Colossal!
Stupendous!
Beautiful!
He sounds like a great guy!
What unbelievable skills!
He should win fabricator of the year award for that one!
What a great contribution to society!
A real visionary!
Ahead of his time!
An artist's artist!
Show us more!
(Pant,pant,pant!)

Last edited:
Awesome!
Colossal!
Stupendous!
Beautiful!
He sounds like a great guy!
What unbelievable skills!
He should win fabricator of the year award for that one!
What a great contribution to society!
A real visionary!
Ahead of his time!
An artist's artist!
Show us more!
(Pant,pant,pant!)
I don't know what your problem is. I don't understand your need to knock someone else. Maybe if you enlightened us all on your great contributions to society, or your great skills, I'd understand your criticism. I'll tell you one thing I do know: I'm damn glad he's my neighbor, and you're not.

All great fabricators are also artists. You have to see it before you can make it.

Lots a folks can weld and cut but that dont make them good. Even simple things like making a bracket. If you can't see what's there before you make it your never gonna be any good, and that guy can see it and is good.
Buy him dinner or a cold drink. Not much beats a good neighbor.

All great fabricators are also artists. You have to see it before you can make it.

Lots a folks can weld and cut but that dont make them good. Even simple things like making a bracket. If you can't see what's there before you make it your never gonna be any good, and that guy can see it and is good.
Buy him dinner or a cold drink. Not much beats a good neighbor.
He's currently sitting and staring at the pile of scrap he kept from the Dart, waiting for something to pop into his head. And it will. Usually, he feeds me.. he's got 3 smokers in his yard.. he's had a pork roast smelling up the neighborhood all day, and I know he'll bring over a slab for me. It's awesome to live next to this guy.

Keep posting his work.
I dig it.

That's a hard piece to sell but I bet to the right person it's worth a few hundred.

I think it's a cicada not a betel.

Keep posting his work.
I dig it.

That's a hard piece to sell but I bet to the right person it's worth a few hundred.

I think it's a cicada not a betel.
I've been telling him for years he should sell this stuff. He usually gives it away to family and friends so he doesn't have much around of stuff he's done before.

It's good to have good people in your life.

My old neighbor was 96 before he moved on. Me and him had many great days on the lake fishing, drinking beer in the garage, tying up flys and just hanging out.

City folk will never know the value of a good neighbor.
There the guy who comes and helps when your house is flooding at 3 AM or jumpstarts your car when your late for work.

Good on him and you.

It's good to have good people in your life.

My old neighbor was 96 before he moved on. Me and him had many great days on the lake fishing, drinking beer in the garage, tying up flys and just hanging out.

City folk will never know the value of a good neighbor.
There the guy who comes and helps when your house is flooding at 3 AM or jumpstarts your car when your late for work.

Good on him and you.
That's a nice memory you have of a nice guy :)
That said, I think a lot of 'city folk' know the value of, and have great neighbors. I know what you're saying though. And yes, any of my neighbors would help out in a second, as I would them.

I don't know what your problem is. I don't understand your need to knock someone else. Maybe if you enlightened us all on your great contributions to society, or your great skills, I'd understand your criticism. I'll tell you one thing I do know: I'm damn glad he's my neighbor, and you're not.
Where in my post does it say anything negative about his skills?
Jeez, some people can't take a compliment.
And as for my achivements, this thread isn't about me, it's about your neighbor and your admiration for his creativity.
And as for me being your and your artist friend's neighbor, i'm glad that i'm not too.
Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Last edited:
I like that. It's nice that he left the paint where he could. It's like a little bit of the old car still lives on.

-
Back