Morale Problem

-
Yeah, i agree with everyone, who care what anyone else thinks. Its your car. My Scamp has a slant 6, everyone says you gotta get a muscle car, or you should get a B Body or a Chevelle, or too bad its a A body.

I have been know for my "odd' taste is cars. I had a 64 and a 65 Dodge Custom 880, try to find anyone that knows what those were. I had a 68 Dodge A108 Custom Sportsman Van, you know, the Fish face looking van.

I had a 58 Bel Air 4dr hardtop(ewww). What was i thinking? I had my beloved 67 Satellite.

Now i have my little 71 Scamp. I plan to use the Clifford Setup for the 6, cause i want to do my own thing.

It pisses me off when your minding your own business and someone puts your car down.

I live in a area where there happens to be a lot of ricers with push handles on the back of their cars and bees living under the hoods.

My car runs rich cause i need to rebuild the carb, so it smells when sitting at a light. I was at a stop light when a imported push broom stops behind me. I needed gas so i pulled into the gas station, he pulls in next to me too

I was filling up and he says, Your car kinda smells like a piece of S**T, whats its problem? Trash that thing man"

I tell him "Hey, I can fix that in 15 min, no matter what you do to yours it will always be an import. He was pissed.

Hey, do what you want to your car, its yours. And be proud of it, its lasted 30 yrs in America.

Like 360scamp said ,**** THEM!!!!Build what you want,If you feel that you can make this car looks like new and this will make you happy,do it.
But if your not sure perhaps you should find another project.Not because everyone sais ,but because that's not the right project for you! :evil1:

The Dart-Nº6,5.jpg

hot 360, widened stock wheels w/hubcaps, 3.73 rear, quiet exhaust.....

then see what the guy in the nova with his rallies, flows, and stripes has to say after you take him by 2 car lengths.

Thanks alot guys,

after reading what you all had to say and realizing the potential in my Brougham. I think I can build the sleeper monster that will quickly send the rice-rockets in my town buzzing for their pathetic little lives.

I finally got my pictures taken of the project so here's some of them, but i'll start another thread to show all the pictures.

Maxine1.jpg

thanks again guys.

Well I can kinda see why your buddies might say it was a waste of time, she is not exactly eye candy. But you can't judge a book by it's cover. It seems to be straight and all there so I would keep with the project.

Chuck

Hey! You got quarter panels, a front end, and an interior. Well hell you are off to a great start. I Didnt have hardly anything when I started on mine.

4 door sleepers are just so cool it aint even funny. I know a 4 door Dart that has a 383 with a procharger and man does that baby run.

Like I said I got a 73 and if you need or want anything just message me and I will see if I got it.

damn.....you got a good start....a little TLC and i bet it'll look sorta
"lovable" to the right eyes.....heck, that's how i got my wife!!!!! :toothy7:

now get on it! she looks pretty straight, and that's a LOT!

blind :glasses1:

Doesn't seem to matter what you have, somebody will think you crazy for doing it. I've got a 65 Dart Gt vert and a friend of mine says I'm wastin' my time.

I wouldn't spend a TON of money on it, but take your time and find the parts you need at the right price and you'll have a cool car. You don't have to make it a sleeper either, you could use some stripes or whatever you want to put some flash on it. If your whining about people dissing YOUR A-body, your whining to the wrong people. Everyone here with an A-body has probably heard it before, whether they have a 69 440 'Cuda or a /6 63 Dart, "what a grandma car, P.O.S. waste of money" ... Yeah, OK, go spend 100k on your e-body. The fact is, most any A-body can whip the other body styles with similiar mods. In high school I drove a '70 Swinger, pale yellow 318 auto car with a T5 bronze interior. Yeah, my grandmother bought it new so it really was a grandma car. Guess what, it got more looks than the Camaros and mustangs and outran most of them too. It was unique and you'll likely have the only Valiant Broughm anywhere you go.

I have a 73 Dart sedan parts car with lots of trim left on it. Let me know if you need anything.

SLEEPER CITY!!!!!!! :toothy7: :thumbup: What could be more embarrassing than having your doors blown off by that thing...I would not touch the exterior... Spend all your $$$ on one bad *** drive train!!!! You will get the last laugh...... Good luck......

Look at this sweet ride.
4 door's are very cool :thumbup:

dt1.jpg

Yea Do What U Want To Hell Wit Everyone And There Stupid Comments Im A Dart Man Myself Only Thing 4 Door Cars Cost More To Restore 2 More Doors Ect Good Look With Ur Project

Whatever you are haapy with is worth the effort. It definately looks like a solid starting point the metal looks good. In case you are interested I have seen two door cars made from a 4door and they look awesome. With the good condition of your body metal this is definately a possibility, it takes a little work but definately doable. The last one I saw was on page 72 of the January edition of Mopar Muscle magazine check it out it's awesome http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/toc/mopp_0701_thismonth/index.html Whatever you decide to do it's yours be proud of your build. I was told many things about my 70 swinger when I started it is junk, you will never do it, why not get a car etc, but 100$ for the 304 swinger shell, and a slant six dart parts car, I couldn't pass up the chance to prove them wrong and thats what I am doing now so GIV'ER

My first Mopar was the 75 Swinger. Check out the homepage and you can see all the blood, sweat and tears I put into this car.

Hell, I even like your front end better. Build what YOU like.

Tiny,I feel you,man.I have a 86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo and when people look at that box shaped,4 door hatchback,they say why bother??It has shown its tail lights to many a Honda,Eclipse,even Camaros!!Lol
Right now,Im doing the body work on it and like my GLH,your Valiant is the perfect sleeper!!Once you show them your tail lights,There faces say it all(I JUST GOT BEAT BY A OMNI!!)Lol
Good luck,Tiny,dont let anyone get you down.I say build that Valiant!!

Build the car. One of the most evil cars my older brother owned was a 68 Fury 1 an ex RCMP highway unit. I wish he had never let it go.

Kudos to everyone,
The exact point of building a car is to make it exactly what you want.I have a 74 dart swinger, already 3 years and 7K into it. Sure I could have bought one for what I have spent so far, and God only knows we ain't going to mention labor hours. But it is mine, it is the way I want it. Have even had people tell me that I should have kept it all original. But it was a slant 6 and I wanted a little more. It now has a 360/727 and an 8.75 323 suregrip. Even left the engine bone stock other than and intake and carb and a set of TTI headers. Have told several people, my opinion of having a trailer queen, would be like marrying the playmate of the month and never sleeping with her. What's the point if you aint going to use what ya got. But each to their own. How many times has everyone been ragged on by the Bowtie crowd. For them, I just say having a chevy is like being in love with a hooker, what's so special about something anybody can have?

Just do it your way and when al the naysayers want a ride someday, tell em the trunk is full.

-
Back