More console questions

-

Michael Brisebois

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Short version: I have console mounting bracket ( not sure if they're auto or 4speed). No previous brackets. Does anyone have dimensions for welding? Is the middle one for an auto?

Yes, auto uses 3 brackets. I installed one a few months ago, and just attached brackets to console, set console in place and marked location of brackets to floor pan. I also made my own brackets, which made mounting a little more difficult, but if you have proper brackets, should be no problem, especially if manual.

The front and rear brackets mount the console. A larger center piece would be automatic shifter stand. A console around a manual shifter doesn't have to be so closely placed but... If a automatic console isn't pretty close to correct, the sliding blind in the bezel wont live very long.
Our member @Challenger offers a craft paper copy of a console locating template. The craft paper makes it shippable. You'll have to glue it onto something more rigid, like luan plywood or heavy cardboard, 10X60 inches.

The front and rear brackets mount the console. A larger center piece would be automatic shifter stand. A console around a manual shifter doesn't have to be so closely placed but... If a automatic console isn't pretty close to correct, the sliding blind in the bezel wont live very long.
Our member @Challenger offers a craft paper copy of a console locating template. The craft paper makes it shippable. You'll have to glue it onto something more rigid, like luan plywood or heavy cardboard, 10X60 inches.
thank you

-
Back