More Dash light fun!

-

'73 Root Beer

Reaction score
Did a quick search couldn't find my exact issue...suggestions please.

1973 Dodge Dart swinger 318

Dash light right side was out, then left blinker indicator went out.

Disconnected battery, replaced all bulbs since I was there, reconnected battery.

I now only have high beam, right blinker, and oil light that work. Previous working dash light on left doesn't work now, with new or old bulb that was working.

Maybe a little elctrogrease will help?

Thanks,

I would take a close look at the bulb sockets. The tiny tangs that create the contact pressure break off often. They are 30 plus years old.

Inspect the PC board traces and clean if necessary. Clean, bend the contacts, or replace sockets and bulbs

Inspect the connector harness for a tight fit and corrosion, and inspect the pins for loose. You can resolder them to the board

Install a ground pigtail under one or two ground screws on the board, run it to a bolt/ nut on something like the dash frame or column support

try classicindustries.com they make repoped circuit boards they are like $100 but worth it when trying to fix the 30+ year old ones

try classicindustries.com they make repoped circuit boards they are like $100 but worth it when trying to fix the 30+ year old ones

hundred bucks ? Good grief ! I'll fix broken pins 3 times for that. LOL

Yeh..........and here's the thing...............

On my 67, and bein' a "lo buck" guy, my connector pins were in TERRIBLE shape, so I just soldered pigtails to the board traces, brought them out to a Molex style plug (I bought at Radio Shack, but readily available)

67Dart273 hit it on the head. Soldered pins back in place and Shazamm! All dash lights work!
Thanks for the where to look! My solder job isnt the cleanest but they are tight!

I would take a close look at the bulb sockets. The tiny tangs that create the contact pressure break off often. They are 30 plus years old.

I've got three that were broken, where would I find some? didn't find any on Ebay...where else?

NAPA part # 787140
If you go anywhere else take a sample with you. These little sockets were made in several different sizes.

-
Back