More nonsense from NHRA Tech

-
Regardless of their intentions, additional rules never ever "control costs."
Additional rules ALWAYS drive the costs up.

Look at your example, forced cut back on testing. This just kills privateers, they're gone!
If I have an organization with four "teams" (cars), I can do four times the testing a privateer could do.

Well honestly I can’t say how they govern this but I will say if we didn’t have team cars NHRA may have folded years ago. Not as often now but it was very common not to have full 16 car fields. Even today tracks in Washington state are usually short because of travel distance.

NHRA tech is a joke. As is NHRA. I was a tech for a long time. They are all about themselves. Look at the fit they threw when the "not sanctioned race" was run. azzes in the seats. NHRA should have went under long ago and Force and those other guys should have bought it.

I've had my car at 5 different tracks. Only 1 has ever done any meaningful tech inspection (little track in Michigan called Lapeer International Dragway - cudos to them!). All others (names withheld) have never even asked me to lift the hood!! So not even a simple check to insure at least double throttle return springs! OK, ok....this includes Gainesville which is owned by the NHRA!! With all the rules they write, why not a simple check of such a much-needed and basic safety mechanism of double throttle return springs???? I don't get it!

Want to see an NHRA joke? Look at pictures of some cars that are leaving the starting line. Look to see how many have hub caps/wheel covers still on them. Ever see one come off when car was in high gear, speed climbing? I have. I always felt, that if I signed your tech card, I was like "your no good bastard uncle that was responsible for your well being" until you left for home. Want to see a real joke? Here at WWT Raceway ,in Madison Il, go to a "Midnight Madness".

A couple things. Tasca isn't the only one with media blast finished ports. What constitutes no modifications what so ever? They have to be lapped or it wears out the blower od's. Is that not modified? EVERY team team laps their manifolds. Remember Tasca is one of the major players for PRO and the special race. NHRA is not happy about that race, or the others coming.

NHRA announced 5/1/2024 that Tasca is being fined $5,000 for
the manifold infraction.

I used to love NASCAR and NHRA, but both sanctioning bodies are in the pockets with the Bowties and Blue Ovals. Every time a Mopar started winning in either, the rules would be changed to favor those two. They have been successful many times in keeping Mopars out of both organizations. Cost Don Carlton his life trying to develop a Dodge Colt pro stock car that fit in their rules.

YAWN!
Petty rules by petty people...
What if they painted the manifold their team colors?
Where in the rules does it ever state they can't change the color, or specify the "proper color?

YAWN!
Petty rules by petty people...
What if they painted the manifold their team colors?
Where in the rules does it ever state they can't change the color, or specify the "proper color?

Don’t read into it what you want to read into it. We are talking about the INSIDE of the manifold that isn’t allowed to be touched or modified and it was sandblasted.

I agree but NHRA Tech looked at his manifolds at Gainesville and said they were fine. Then at Charlotte they reject the same manifolds? If there had been a change of dimensions in the manifold runners I would completely agree with the disqualification. But that wasn’t the case. It was based entirely on the appearance of the manifold, not its function. Seems ticky-tacky to me.

Reminds me of the time years ago when my neighbor installed chrome valve covers and a chrome air cleaner and asked me, "what can I do to make my car faster?".

-
Back