More of my home made furniture.

-
Outstanding work young gun!! That table and lamp combo rocks, and the entertainment center is gonna rock also!! I love that style, and your skills are off the charts!! Beautiful!! Geof

thanks! i just like building stuff. it will be a conversation piece thats for sure. trust me...... i have alot of learning to do still. im learning as i go on this one.

Here's a pic of the brides valentines day present I built last week! The cheap metal closet racks I had in there came crashing down about 6 months ago, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and replace them with real wood, and get a gift opp in the deal at the same time!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 302
Here's a pic of the brides valentines day present I built last week! The cheap metal closet racks I had in there came crashing down about 6 months ago, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and replace them with real furniture, and get a gift opp in the deal at the same time!!

thats awesome man. thats the way it should be.

well i was in Alabama for some certification courses for 2 weeks. finally back and getting back to my projects. made just little bit of progress last night.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 291
got a little more work done on the tv stand this weekend.

then i built a mirror frame outta some pallet boards from work.

then i installed the curtain rod i built. had to make a center support bracket.

What's going here guys? Is this the A body forum or a modern blacksmith forum. Either way it really cool!!
Mike

Mind if I join in and share my stuff? (still under construction, sadly) Maybe swap some ideas. I've got some pretty 'over the top' plans in the works in my house.

I didn't take quite the same approach you did, but that is some very nice furniture you made!

Mind if I join in and share my stuff? (still under construction, sadly) Maybe swap some ideas. I've got some pretty 'over the top' plans in the works in my house.

I didn't take quite the same approach you did, but that is some very nice furniture you made!

lets see what your working on. the more the merrier.

lets see what your working on. the more the merrier.

Brace yourself...my living room is a mess right now due to the project.

Staircase was made from rough cut slab wood. Trimmed, sanded and stained to what you see now. The cat did nothing, it's lazy but claims all credit for the job. :D

Closet door (in the mock up/test fit stage) has no door knob and will feature a hidden release mechanism, hidden in the End Post of the Railing on the Staircase. Replacing the top portion of the End Post (wooden pyramid) with a Brass End Piece salvaged from an antique fireplace, which will serve as the "Door knob" for the closet.

Closet door and staircase will be one massive bookshelf that will wrap around to the other wall and encompass my TV, Surround Sound system, Audio Equipment, Media Library (VHS, DVD, CD, Cassette, 8-Track, Vinyl and Games)

All of the closet pieces (minus the framing for the door & door itself), shelves, etc will also be rough cut slab lumber that will be finished similar to the staircase (only in a darker stain).

I just need to go load up my Router, my grandfather borrowed it for a project and now I'm at a standstill until I get it back.

My next two projects after the Staircase & Bookshelves will be to make some goodies to raise my Projector into the ceiling (when not in use), same goes for the 180" Projector Screen too. That way they're not taking up space all the time.

When that's done, I'll be moving on to the kitchen to build a large Bar, with Taps and a Double Layer Shelf design (one shelf in front of another, with the front shelf capable of being lowered into the bar counter top to access the shelf behind it).

I foresee lots of Linear and Rotary Actuators in my future, for those projects.

you should stop everything and get the kitchen with the taps done first! building stuff is thirsty work.

looks great man!

you should stop everything and get the kitchen with the taps done first! building stuff is thirsty work.

looks great man!

That it is. Working in the living room at the moment, cause I have those materials on hand (don't have the stuff I need yet, to make the bar) I need to research what stuff I need to build a Kegerator, what odds & ends parts I need, take measurements to see how much rough slab lumber I need to build the bar & shelves, take measurements to see how much rough slab I need to install a real hardwood floor in the kitchen (like the one that would have been in the kitchen when the house was built over 100 years ago)

Pretty much out of alcohol at the moment to stock the shelves I want to build too. Actually the only alcohol I have on hand in the house at the moment is...hmmm

2 bottles of Jack
A bottle of Jack & Honey
A bottle of Jim Beam
A bottle of Seagrams 7 Stone Cold Cherry (I hear this one is hard to find now)
A bottle of Night Train (which I've heard is no longer for sale in my area)
A bottle of Jager

and I think there's a gallon jug of Captain Morgan gathering dust on top of the tv in my bedroom.

Speaking of which, I think I'll go crack open that bottle of Jack and pour a Barq's Root beer & Jack Daniels mixture. If you haven't tried that mixture, I recommend it.

2 bottles of Jack
A bottle of Jack & Honey
A bottle of Jim Beam
A bottle of Jager

and I think there's a gallon jug of Captain Morgan gathering dust on top of the tv in my bedroom.

Speaking of which, I think I'll go crack open that bottle of Jack and pour a Barq's Root beer & Jack Daniels mixture. If you haven't tried that mixture, I recommend it.

sounds like you need a thirsty buddy to come help swing a hammer and take care of those dusty booze bottles. i have been on a vodka/ice tea kick lately. throw in a slice of lemon and im in heaven.

sounds like you need a thirsty buddy to come help swing a hammer and take care of those dusty booze bottles. i have been on a vodka/ice tea kick lately. throw in a slice of lemon and im in heaven.

Seems like a long commute, doesn't it? :D

I haven't drank much lately (not counting this tall water glass of Jack & Root Beer sitting beside me).

What did it cost to build the cat?

That it is. Working in the living room at the moment, cause I have those materials on hand (don't have the stuff I need yet, to make the bar) I need to research what stuff I need to build a Kegerator, what odds & ends parts I need, take measurements to see how much rough slab lumber I need to build the bar & shelves, take measurements to see how much rough slab I need to install a real hardwood floor in the kitchen (like the one that would have been in the kitchen when the house was built over 100 years ago)

Pretty much out of alcohol at the moment to stock the shelves I want to build too. Actually the only alcohol I have on hand in the house at the moment is...hmmm

2 bottles of Jack
A bottle of Jack & Honey
A bottle of Jim Beam
A bottle of Jager

Gonna see what that's all about!

got more work done this weekend. got the shelf framed out for the receiver and got 2/3 doors framed up. need to get the glass installed in the two outside doors and the wood face in the middle one then i gotta work out the hinges. gotta get er done soon though. weather is getting nicer. cant wait to get the dart back out on the road and take some new friends for a ride.

got my next little project tonight too! picked up this little desk fan from the 1950's. gonna strip her down and restore it to like new! pretty excited.

got a bit more done tonight. the devil is in the details. got the mounting flange done for the floor. had to make the flange then drill 48 holes for the screws. then had to counter sink them with my cheep *** harbor freight counter sink bit that is made for wood. needless to say it took me quite a while.

-
Back