More Sideways than forward..

-
Looking good!

Get that kid from the picture in post 4 turning wrenches. The sooner the better, they're never too young to learn....

Thanks. Him and a couple others are turning wrenches whether they like it or not, ha!

I got over myself and bought TTI headers. I got them chrome plated mostly to protect them from rust, etc. I know they'll discolor during break-in, but who cares, it's kinda cool looking actually. Installation was a bear, especially since I didn't install the starter while the engine was out.. :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 389
Drug it over to my buddy's shop for further lovin's.

Attachments

• IMG_0529.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 379
Since I'm adding pics, here's 2 friends of mine, John and James.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 393
Very nice!

I'm curious to see how the McLeod hydraulic setup works out for you - the throwout bearing looks mighty cool, although I remember seeing a setup that had a slave cylinder instead.

Thanks guys. SOO, on to the nightmare that is my radiator issue. You might recall my recent posts. I bought a $1,000.00 Griffin Rad setup with electric fan, (it was a present from my wife, im still disgusted by the price) they reassured me 40 times that it would fit perfectly. It did fit length and high wise, but it was/is way too deep. with the March pulley setup, i've got right at 5" to the core support, but the Rad setup is 6.4" deep. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=305890

I vacillated for days on what to do, and Griffin wouldn't take the Rad back. they said they could take the fan only back. WOW, thanks effers..

So thanks the fine A Body folks here, I think i can reverse the polarity of the fan, make it a pusher, cut out bigger holes in the shroud, and make it work. Fingers crossed on this one.

Attachments

• DSC_0306.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC_0300.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC_0296.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 346
Here's a couple pics with the headers in. WOW what a b*$^th. I scratched the hell out of the FW getting the engine back in.

Attachments

• DSC_0291.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 360
  • DSC_0293.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_0289.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC_0286.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 365
Here's a couple pics with the headers in. WOW what a b*$^th. I scratched the hell out of the FW getting the engine back in.

Are those Schumachers? Looks like just a hair of clearance on the steering box...

EDIT: Never mind me, I just read the earlier posts and saw that they're TTIs. Still, they look tight on the steering box.

Are those Schumachers? Looks like just a hair of clearance on the steering box...

EDIT: Never mind me, I just read the earlier posts and saw that they're TTIs. Still, they look tight on the steering box.

Yea, TTI's 383 set. It's scary close to the steering box. nice fit though after you remove the engine..:wack:

Proud of my little single barrel donor car..

Attachments

• Barracuda_VIN.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 336
This car looks familiar, did you happen to get it off of craigslist? I think it was in Grand Junction. If not there was a similar one awhile back.
Car looks like a good start though! Good luck on the project!a

This car looks familiar, did you happen to get it off of craigslist? I think it was in Grand Junction. If not there was a similar one awhile back.
Car looks like a good start though! Good luck on the project!a

Your correct Sir, Loma to be exact. It was a good deal.

I really haven't posted since April? Wow, that was a lifetime ago in terms of this car.

Currently, the car is is "on the road," but were fine tuning small things like the accelerator pump, brakes, etc. I ripped this crazy car up and down the road last night, and i can honestly say that i've never driven a car with this much power.

Now, let me take a second to explain how we got here. I'll take some time and post pictures and info on the details of this Spring-Summer-Fall progress.

So roughly at the the time of my last posting in April, I decided to take the car to a friend that has a small speed shop/dissolved collision repair business. He's an old Mopar fan, and the right person to take it too. I wanted a few things.
1. Proper fitment and install of Hydraulic clutch
2. Correct Carb adjustment
3. look over every inch and do what he would do to his own car.

That's when things got interesting..

THe clutch install was pretty straight forward, but lucky that i took it to him, as he had to mill off a fraction of the mounting surface for proper alignment.

He bled the brakes, etc. in that process, he suggested that i get a new driveshaft made. Done.

New drive shaft in place , we started the car for the first time. Things were NOT good. the car popped, spit, made funny noises, etc. and after we shut the car off, we could hear fluid or water running somewhere, well, the AFB carb was passing gas through the seats and dumping fluid into the intake.. Time for a nice new Holley Double pumper.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 265
WE then pulled the valve covers and didn't find much. After close examination, it looked as though the springs were slightly different, so the decision to pull the heads was made. we yanked the engine the make life easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 245
The Heads were taken to a local machine shop for examination, and the guy called me within hours nearly freaking out. He stated that:
1. all the springs and spring rates were different
2. all the valves were different, an dhad different cuts
3. the guides were complete junk, worn and loose as could be.
4. the surfaces were honed, but weren't squared to the head or the engine
5. Valve seats were new, BUT WERE NEVER CUT. so they had a 90 degree angle to them!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The heads spent 2 weeks at the shop, and the guy felt so bad for me, that he did a complete performance job on the heads; porting, new guides, valves and springs, and 7 cuts in the seats, all for the standard price. No pics of the heads finished, damnit.

While it was out, we checked the main bearings once again, pictures this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 223
Woke up in Vegas one time. Make sure you drive a Lambo while your there. OMMFG.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0924.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0932.jpg