More Sideways than forward..

-
Cool to see an update on this car!

What's a Lambo? Lambeau? :D

The white one was the Aventador, but the black one I drove is the Hur'acan, or Hurricane in Espanol. It's the replacement for the Gallardo. 7 laps on the inside road course track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Unreal experience.

Here's video of me ripping it up:
[ame]https://youtu.be/68wNGFft1q0[/ame]

shifter handle you have is B body 65-67 it is going to touch the dome light :D.
move the steering column collar up against the firewall and recess the heater motor back. flatten pinch seam in trans tunnel. you can put 1/2 inch spacers between k frame and frame, this moves motor down. tack weld to K frame. gives you 1/2 more hood clearance. K frame will probably need notched for oil pump housing. get smallest mini starter u can find. I think it is either 87 or 97 dakota starter.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?2092-How-To-for-Heaterbox-Motor-Modification

383 should not hit heater motor fyi 440 does. moving collar up on steering shaft gives you more room for exhaust/4 speed linkage.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/transm...12-four-speed-a-body-clutch-pedal-adjustment/

welcome to the site any questions just ask lots of good people here

Just a question, but doesnt moving the K frame down put a slight bow in the torsion bars making them harder to remove or install and possibly make them susceptible to fatigue breakage?

No change in torsion bar function or installation with the spacers.
The truth of the matter is the cars are not
built to that level of precision.
Similar to the three on the tree shifter.
Like stirring up a cake in a bowl.

Nice project.

Just a casual observation.

Either your transmission is not an OD, OR you have the 3-4 shift lever on the wrong way. It should be upside down compared to the rest. That's how Chrysler made the OD. They flipped 3 and 4 around using the original high gear for third and OD becoming 4th. This is why the 3-4 lever needs to be upside down (pointing down) compared to the rest. In the one picture you posted of the linkage, it is facing up, which either means it is a standard 4 speed, or the lever is on upside down.

Nice project.

Just a casual observation.

Either your transmission is not an OD, OR you have the 3-4 shift lever on the wrong way. It should be upside down compared to the rest. That's how Chrysler made the OD. They flipped 3 and 4 around using the original high gear for third and OD becoming 4th. This is why the 3-4 lever needs to be upside down (pointing down) compared to the rest. In the one picture you posted of the linkage, it is facing up, which either means it is a standard 4 speed, or the lever is on upside down.

Good eye sir! That was my first mock up and hadn't read the directions yet. I'm just grabbing random pictures.

I tell you what, this engine/ tranny flat get it, I love this OD!

Thanks for the heads up!

Was at my buddy's shop dealing with the non-charging alternator, and this thing pulled up. R/T-SE. Never seen it before, never met the guy before. It's non matching 440, but same year. He putting in an Indy 572 very soon.. It was clean.

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1480.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1471.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 300
Sweeet Charger!

I had a buddy who used to say that the RT/SE badging stood for "Real Tough / Stomps Everything".

These new heads are amazing, really pulls hard. I can't wait for this thing to actually get broke it. I need tires as their dry rotted, but i stay close to home and carry a spare. My kids want to take the car everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1567.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1566.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1563.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 221
Next up, get the Exhaust cutout harness installed, get gauges working, small stuff. Detroit Steel wheels in the next couple months. Then to track down a local upholstery guy that apparently does great work. Paint will be last.

I love the late 60's Notch's and convertible Barracuda's. You may want to order the seat foam and covers, door panels, headliner and carpet from Legendary Interiors and then drop the car off at a shop to have it all installed.

Have the headliner done professionally anyway, if you are replacing yours. You can do the seats yourself with a simple set of hog ring pliers, but most people don't get them to look as nice as a professional can. They often have to add a little foam here and there to get rid of the wrinkles.

Also, make sure the car is water tight before you put in your carpet. A few bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme(about half off retail with free shipping from Amazon) on the ceiling, along the inside the firewall and on the rear wheel tubs combined with a complete covering of the interior with a product like The Insulator from Aircraft Spruce really goes a long way in making the car a lot more enjoyable to drive.

I love the late 60's Notch's and convertible Barracuda's. You may want to order the seat foam and covers, door panels, headliner and carpet from Legendary Interiors and then drop the car off at a shop to have it all installed.

Have the headliner done professionally anyway, if you are replacing yours. You can do the seats yourself with a simple set of hog ring pliers, but most people don't get them to look as nice as a professional can. They often have to add a little foam here and there to get rid of the wrinkles.

Also, make sure the car is water tight before you put in your carpet. A few bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme(about half off retail with free shipping from Amazon) on the ceiling, along the inside the firewall and on the rear wheel tubs combined with a complete covering of the interior with a product like The Insulator from Aircraft Spruce really goes a long way in making the car a lot more enjoyable to drive.

Thanks! My next move was interior research. I once gutted my F-250 to install a killer system, I Dynomat'ed every square inch of that interior. It turned out so well that i could barely hear the 7.3L.
I've vowed ever since to do that to that to this car, but hadn't heard of the "Extreme," So thanks again! Obviously another killer system is in order..Stay tuned.

Thanks guys. SOO, on to the nightmare that is my radiator issue. You might recall my recent posts. I bought a $1,000.00 Griffin Rad setup with electric fan, (it was a present from my wife, im still disgusted by the price) they reassured me 40 times that it would fit perfectly. It did fit length and high wise, but it was/is way too deep. with the March pulley setup, i've got right at 5" to the core support, but the Rad setup is 6.4" deep. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Griffin Rad fitment issues

I vacillated for days on what to do, and Griffin wouldn't take the Rad back. they said they could take the fan only back. WOW, thanks effers..

So thanks the fine A Body folks here, I think i can reverse the polarity of the fan, make it a pusher, cut out bigger holes in the shroud, and make it work. Fingers crossed on this one.
Merry Christmas everyone. Where did 2016 go? Rough one for me, lost my Mom, grandmother, had a ruptured appendix, and my car sat at the MEch. for 6 months NOT getting worked on.
Long story short, overheating is still an issue. Found out I was "under driving" the water pump with the March pulley set i was using, also, in the heat, i was vaporizing the fuel. Moved fuel lines, bigger crank pulley, set vacuum and timing, and it's running cooler, but not under 200 and change.

Thanks everyone for your help. Ended up taking ramchargers advice and we flipped it over and made it a pusher. Turned out real nice actually. We cut more holes in the shroud to allow more air through, and it fit in there near perfectly. No modifications were necessary to the core support. Check it out.
Ok, so , a year and 3/4 later, this Rad still sucks A$%. I've driven the car maybe 10 miles, and have been chasing demons ever since. I'll spare you the gory details:
-Put a working temp gauge in, and found I was running 240-250 degrees. I freaked and parked it until further analysis.
-I had some pre-detonation, so it sat at the mech. for months on end NOT getting worked on. ultimately moved the fuel line away from headers and dialed in timing, bigger air filter.
-I bought a much bigger (volume/motor) pusher fan in attempts to get this to cool, bust.
-Called CI and spoke with an expert; possibly wrong head gaskets. The "off the shelf" type, even fel-pro have too small of holes to pass that adequate amount of aqua, he emailed over the correct one I need. Yet to pull head to verify. I'll post the info he sent soon.

Ultimately, I should have taken your guys's advice 2 years and gone with a stock Rad, manual fan.

Anyone need a nice RAd, I have one for sale, lol.

Are you currently using electric fan ?

I am in the mocking up stage and have a engineered cooling products aluminum radiator, and a 1990 jaguar XJ-6 fan clutch with an 18" 6 bladed fan, and a homemade fiberglass shroud I am hoping this will work for me. I hear the electric fans dont work as well.

20161008_210943.jpg

Are you currently using electric fan ?

I am in the mocking up stage and have a engineered cooling products aluminum radiator, and a 1990 jaguar XJ-6 fan clutch with an 18" 6 bladed fan, and a homemade fiberglass shroud I am hoping this will work for me. I hear the electric fans dont work as well.

View attachment 1715002010

I am using an electric fan, and personally, i believe that's my single biggest issue. I tried the "puller" type, then got a "pusher" fan, helped a touch, but that's it. Looking at your setup, and after much research, i believe you are going to be just fine. Keep us posted. Thanks.

2016, year in review; Besides a ruptured appendix, and losing both my mom and grandmother, I did manage to work on the Notch, as well as a few other things. Here's some of the fun..
3 days post rupture. didn't feel my best...
i6-Win16 841.JPG

Son working on grandpas truck
i6-Win16 867.JPG

Lowered the rear 2.5
i6-Win16 1166.JPG

i6-Win16 1168.JPG

NOT getting worked on. I had to sneak to the Mech to see my baby.
i6-Win16 1443.JPG

52 Willys, rebuilt the carb for a friend
i6-Win16 1728.JPG

I was so mad..
i6-Win16 2365.JPG

Forget the scooter kids.
i6-Win16 2384.JPG

Had the upholstery guy over yesterday giving a bid on something else, and he saw the notch, saw the lack of headliner, some panels, shitty vinyl, etc.he gave a rough estimate of 5G's to completely redo the interior, top grade leather, custom panels, headliner, the works. Is that about average? Also, he said the ONLY way to go is with leather; durability, sun, etc., but don't some of you guys prefer the vinyl for some reason? Thanks in advance.

Had the upholstery guy over yesterday giving a bid on something else, and he saw the notch, saw the lack of headliner, some panels, shitty vinyl, etc.he gave a rough estimate of 5G's to completely redo the interior, top grade leather, custom panels, headliner, the works. Is that about average? Also, he said the ONLY way to go is with leather; durability, sun, etc., but don't some of you guys prefer the vinyl for some reason? Thanks in advance.

Local shop here told me to expect as high as 10k for full custom job with seats, carpet, door panels, console, headliner, package tray, trunk and etcetera. He likes the Alcantara material. He does work for the local exotic car dealerships and it is not uncommon to see a Lamborghini or Maserati at his shop. DTS Interiors | Facebook

Local shop here told me to expect as high as 10k for full custom job with seats, carpet, door panels, console, headliner, package tray, trunk and etcetera. He likes the Alcantara material. He does work for the local exotic car dealerships and it is not uncommon to see a Lamborghini or Maserati at his shop. DTS Interiors | Facebook
leather is cold in the winter, and hot in the summer. go some kind of fabric. you can do all of the interior yourself. well the headliner might be a bitc-.

Finally have some progress to report. Like I said, I starting in with the paint and body, so the interior the wife wants doesn't get ruined in the process. Took the car to my frinds place, and find a nice spot for it. Sanding proved futile, due to 2 previous paint jobs, some accidents repairs, and the final coat of primer. a Chemical stripper helped, but was slow going as it was still 30 degrees outside.

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

This process was really a lot of fun, (NOT.) Although, i must admit, becasue its my car, that i carer so much about, i really don't mind, it's just "work." There is a large amount of putty, but after grinding through it, my buddy said that 80 percent of it really wasn't necessary.

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

-
Back