Most overrated bands?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Now this will surely stir the pot. Musically speaking.....
Oasis: huge band in their own eyes, they sucked.
Kiss: Simple riffs, all image. Band that was made for album covers and concerts, Not a bad thing, just the stuff was pretty basic music wise.
Talking heads: I tried to like them but I just couldn't get through one album...
everyone good looking guy or girl 'performer' since "Autotune" was deployed.....
OK, let the heads roll......

U2 and KISS are the first that come to mind.

I actually saw KISS a few years ago live. They sucked. Mötley Crüe opened for the show. They were tremendously better than Kiss was!

Honestly I dont know who is worse. Kiss i grew up with and was tolerable and young girls loved. So I didnt mind it.
But U2, American hating (other than the money) they sucked camel. Twice. And still suck today.....

I think U2s body of work stands for itself not under or over rated in my opinion. KISS is awesome if you take them for what they are.

Journey, on the other hand, sucks.

there are so many most after about 1990 but I think you missed it with the talking heads ya they made some crap but Take me to the river, Life during war time And she was,One in a lifetime, and some more are classics at very high level

Well just because you have simple riffs doesn't make you a bad band. Kiss is probably one of my favorite bands. And talk about simple riffs how about George Harrison and the Beatles. I certainly don't think they suck either.

that west fellow and that Canadian they call trayk or tcrap or sumtin like dis or dat

I agree with Kiss. Before my time, but their live shows were suppose to be amazing. (even Bon Scott raved about them live - not musically but about everything else)

To me, Guns n roses are very over rated. Their first album was really good - everything after that pretty much sucked. And they are in the hall of fame. Not right, over rated and bloated

I know I'm going to Hell for this one, but I have never been able to stand Skynyrd. Anytime I'm listening to a classic station, and "Sweet Home Alabama" comes on, I always say "Turn it off!" instead of "Turn it up!" I much prefer the cover versions of "Simple Man" and "Tuesday's Gone". And don't even get me started on "Freebird"...
I know they have a much larger body of work than just these few songs, but I don't care to explore them and see if there's anything I might like. I'm perfectly comfortable in my dislike, and I would hate to have to re-examine how I feel about them.

Kiss: Simple riffs, all image. Band that was made for album covers and concerts, Not a bad thing, just the stuff was pretty basic music wise.
Talking heads: I tried to like them but I just couldn't get through one album...
everyone good looking guy or girl 'performer' since "Autotune" was deployed.....

Everything after 1995

There are to many to recall, but every flash in the pan band that seem to come out of everywhere, with names like Ruptured Spleen or Festered Blister ,Afterbirth ,etc. And all these screaming grunge rock bands.

I think the most overrated has to be Led Zep, sure a excellent band but just to much praise. Godfathers of heavy metal, not in my eyes.

-
Back