-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparmarcus

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Does anyone have a good (undamaged) set of motor mount brackets for a '66-72 A-Body with a small block V-8? I have a good set for B-Body if a trade is in order or if someone simply needs them. Here is a drawing from the manual for clarity:

I just discovered that 273/318 brackets are different from 340/360 brackets....I need the 340/360 brackets.

Motor%20Mounts.jpg

Thanks!!
Marc

I don't have extras, but just to clarify/confirm, you need the upper 1/2 brackets of the motor mount that bolts to the engine. It can be used in A or B/E bodies. The lower 1/2 motor mount (insulator) determins what body it will fit.

I believe the 273/318 engine side brackets can be used on a 340/360 by using a spacer or washers with one of the mounting bolts? Only one side is different between the 2 sets.

Son of a Biiiiiitch!!!! I didn't realize that they were interchangeable with the Ebodies as you described. But now, looking at my own post the picture shows it as depicted on a barracuda...#-o

Now imagine the look on my face when I realized that I already have the correct brackets bolted onto the engine...just the wrong insulators.
:shock:

Oh well, If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?
Thanks again. Happy Thanksgiving!

The right bracket is a factory 67-72 273-318 driver side . the left is the same bracket modified to fit 340-360

Ok, unless I'm missing something, it appears that I could use the B-Body brackets that I have (same as in the ebay listing) provided I that I can correctly locate and drill holes for the A-Body application? It doesn't seem like the integrity of the mounts would be compromised. Not my preferred method, but these things are proving to be quite elusive.

Ok, unless I'm missing something, it appears that I could use the B-Body brackets that I have (same as in the ebay listing) provided I that I can correctly locate and drill holes for the A-Body application? It doesn't seem like the integrity of the mounts would be compromised. Not my preferred method, but these things are proving to be quiet elusive.

Best thing to do is get A-body brackets.

Find a 318 bracket for the right side (same as the 340/360).
They are a dime a dozen.

Then look around,and find a left A-body 340 mount. They are around,got my last one off E-bay for $30.00. Ask someone on the site if they have one for sale.

Make sure they are A-body mounts.They are different from the other bodies.

Attachments

• Picture 718.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Picture 717.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 938
Are we assuming that your 67-72 A body was originally equipped with a small block? Or did it have a slant six?

Never assume ;-) It's a 73 that had a /6 but I have replaced the crossmember with a V8 A-Body frame from a 70 model.

Johnny Dart - Thanks for posting those pictures, I will be using the correct factory brackets for the final installation, but those pics tell me that I can just drill some holes in my B-Body brackets to mock it up. For now, I just need to get the engine and tranny in place so I can figure out what modifications I need to make to my shift linkage and kickdown linkage to accommodate the headers. Its a column shift automatic.

But I would still rather find the correct brackets sometime soon.

The passenger side bracket is the same for 273/318/340/360. It's the driver's side that is different. When I heard that Chrylser had stopped producing them, I grabbed 4 of them for myself. They don't pop up for cheap very often. They were only on 68-72 340 cars, so they aren't as easy to come by as we'd like.

the part number for the driver's side bracket is 2863445. Some of the NOS houses still have some, but they appear to want $78+ just for the one. Once you buy the bolts and insulators, and get the passenger side, the Schumacher kit doesn't seem like too bad a deal.

I'm glad I decided to get an A-Body because they're cheaper than my Road Runner :disgust:

At least I didn't go the chebby route.:cheers:

Tom - if you need them go ahead. I have a few leads to 318 brackets but I'm in no big hurry (the search has just morphed into a mission since it's been so challenging) and I still would rather find the 340 brackets.

Thanks John!

I came across this thread as I'm assembling parts for my new project.

Are these E-body brackets then ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 188
Does anyone have a good (undamaged) set of motor mount brackets for a '66-72 A-Body with a small block V-8? I have a good set for B-Body if a trade is in order or if someone simply needs them. Here is a drawing from the manual for clarity:

I just discovered that 273/318 brackets are different from 340/360 brackets....I need the 340/360 brackets.

Motor%20Mounts.jpg

Thanks!!
Marc

if you already have the 318 abody mounts then just modify the drivers side one to work. its an easy thing to do. passenger side are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back