Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what the best motor mounts
to use in my dart my 475hp/436lb torque motor doesn't like
stock mounts found some on classic industrys page called
Mighty mounts that look like stock but not then I found morosos
Solid steel mounts thought those might be to extreme have frame
connectors but was still worried about those thanks
for all answers

if you have a 4-speed, use the Moroso solids...at least on the drivers side. If an auto, use the solid ONLY on the drivers side and a 73 and up bolt-through trans mount and crossmember.

Use the Morosos, I put them in my 69.

make you a tq. strap... i used a big turn buckel on my 360/4 speed cuda when i had it.. bolt it to the front of the block on driver side and to the k frame right under the mount .. the 1 i had had a j hook on 1 end and a bolt hole on the other end.. i used the j hook on the k frame.. you can use a pc of flat stock to mount it to the head or just use a good bolt and washer to mount to the head.. lowes,tractor supply, or home depot would have them pretty cheap :D:D:D:D:D oh and i ran stock mounts never a problem even had nos on the car til i got drunk and blow a hole in the side of the motor.. man i miss that car ...

Oh come on you got drunk and blew it up haha bin there
It sure is fun 6500 rrrrrs rippin gears till next morning
Haha

Use the interlocking "safety mounts" from Schumacher or whomever. Modern plain mounts with a stick are asking for failure and solids are not for me either. I have made torque straps before for my cars and others. So a cheapie strap and you can use the cheapie mounts too.

Just blew my motor mount , for the 3rd time . besides the poly locks is there anything else out there ?

I like my Schumachers. I am an auto transmission guy with just over 500hp. I also used a Schumacher torque strap as well. You can make your own, but I like the clean look of the Schumacher strap.

A length of chain, bolted to the front of drivers cyl head, down to a hole drilled in the lip of the k-member. Leave just a little slack, so it doesn't transmit vibration to the car,, wrapped in black tape, to stop any rattling.. then use any mount.. my .02

Went to the shop , they had a schumacher motor mount waiting , used it . noticed it transmits more vibrations than the stock mount , but at keast it won't break every 2 weeks

I run stock motor mounts with a Schumacher torque strap. No vibrations and no broken motor mounts.

-
Back