motor mounts

-

rdb

Reaction score
Well the engine is done, and once engine bay is painted it goes back in. I asked the guy if I was getting new motor mounts, and he said the existing ones looked ok, probably replaced at some point along the way on this '64 Dart ...and futher that he has had bad luck with new motor mounts... like a lot of other stuff, cheaply made and they just don't hold up. Then I heard from another guy about so high end, so-called 'premium' motor mounts that you pay for but really are good. I have no other information ... is this anything anyone has heard of?

Attachments

• engine bay (3).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 251
  • engine (2).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 268
The premium ones referred to are probably the polyurethane ones for earlier engines (rectangular mounts) I have seen advertised. They also have interlocking metal fingers that secure things if the rubber fails. The poly should last almost forever, which is one advantage, but I think they are mainly marketed for racers who want a stiffer mount, at the expense of driver comfort. Costs around $100/pair as I recall. Of course, I could be thinking of my early V-8 mounts.

You may be able to get NOS mounts at Old Car Parts Northwest: I got a pair for my '62 Dart there.

Nice original early /6 color there! Now slop a little bit on the bellhousing where it mates up like the factory did...

I got engine and tranny mount at polybushings.com for my 64 Dart slant 6.

I got engine and tranny mount at polybushings.com for my 64 Dart slant 6.

I bought 2 sets for the early A also at poly bushings.com when they had a group buy over at slant6.org.

sent from my iPhone

I have some USA made slant 6 mounts -- and I also have some N.O.S. Front & Rear
++ Asbestos ++ Brake shoes for your car....
I'll give you a "package deal" if you'd like!!!!!!

Can someone tell me? I have a a body 6cyl car, bought a v8 k frame biscuit mounts.Looking at these together, the only thing I see different is passenger side motor mount.If this is true, then I plan on copping the mount. It would seem to me if you can weld, then cutting off that mount and welding on a new one would save you from having to replace k-frame.I know you can get mounts for both, but there are some you can't. Like a new hemi in a a body TTI says must use v8 k-frame

Pretty much what you said is true.Cut off the k frame brackets and weld in your own.TTi knows the engine sits different even with the Slant to V8 kits they sell.Not much but enough to frustrate.My neighbor bought a 69 Dart less small block engine.They drove them self crazy trying to get the engine in right...till they found out the K was a slant 6 and the owner before used conversion mounts.They had regular small block mounts.

I haven't seen a failed A-body mount with a stock engine since the first Demon I had in 1991.

-
Back