Motor Mounts

-

dusterboyy440

Reaction score
Does anybody know where i can get these motor mounts for my 440 duster? i tried a few local part stores and they could not find them.

Also im about to rebuild my manual steering box..do u fill it with 90 weight gear oil or like a grease??? also any places that sells rebuild kits for cheap??

-thanks chris

motormount.jpg

Im sure that someone here has a better place but I know that you can get them from Schumacher Creative. Might also want to try ebay if you can wait a little bit. Good luck!!!

I have one used big block motor mount. It is exactly like the one you have pictured in your first post. I'll sell it to you for $10.00 plus shipping.:salute:

If U R Putting A 440 In Duster Then U Will Need To Do Some Research And The Motor Mount U Showed Most Likely Will Not Work, 1st, What Motor Was Originally In Car?---slant 6? 318-340-360? You Need To Know What K-frame Is In Car, Then Get Ahold Of Schumacher And Order U A Pair Thats For Ur Application, Will Make Things And Install Much Easier, Then U Have Issue Of What Type Of Exhaust Manifolds Or What Type Of Headers To Make A Decision On, I Would Recommend Reading Tech Listed On This Site, And Asking Members For Their Expertise And Experiences With Such A Project, If U Have Never Done It[stuffing Bb In A-body] It Can Be A Frustrating Sob, But If U Study/research/ask Questions And Get Right Parts Its A Piece Of Cake And Alot Of Fun, Good Luck

Are you trying to replace the whole mount, or are the bushings just shot?
The mounts look like the same ones I have on my 440 67 cuda. I just bought and installed new bushing in the steel mount, got them from Summit.

Somebody sells just the insert for the mounts. Not sure who, try Mancini's Just checked, mancini's sells polyurethane inserts for $38. Much better than the factory rubber.

awesome! now wat about the manual steering box? rebuild kit? and grease or a gear oil?

I know you can get a steering box from Autozone or Napa, if you want to pay around 225-250 (reman) Rockauto used to sell the rebuild kits but I dont think they do anymore. And I can tell you that I did a friends cheby and it called for 80w90 gear oil. I cant say if it would be the same for our SUPERIOR mopars :-D

There's a fast ratio gear that moves the box from 24:1 to 20:1 available from Mopar Performance. Don't have a part number at present, but it's in the catalog.

-
Back