Motor pics, still getting there

-

BigEdsGarage

Reaction score
Adam this is how it's been sitting for the last three months or so. Just mocked it up right now, not bolted down and no valvetrain. I need some heat in the garage or warmer weather! Valve covers are Viper red and cleared just to be a little different. What do ya think?
IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

Oh, and check out whats going in between the seats. PPP billet, sweeeeet!
100_0340e.jpg

:thumrigh:

BTW: Which headers are you using? Are those TTI's? And what's with the 2-piece PASSENGER side pipe???? Or are those W series heads? Looks absolutely bitchin....

John the headers are Hooker Super Comps. Both sides have a slip fit tube in the front to allow them to fit through or in front of the K frame. Heads are Eddys, prepped and ported by Dwayne at Porter Racing Heads.

I need to get it together so I can install and test the line-lok in front of Adam's neighbors house. And he thought the Cuda was loud :mrgreen:

Looks good. I Like how you milled the fins of the valve covers. Very differant.

I thought you had Ryan do your heads ?

I have a line lock too. And 3" 2 chambered Flowmasters dumped at the axle. Maybe thats why they think its loud ? :burnout:

I was going to have Ryan do mine and I am sure he would have done a great job, no doubt about it. But since I was going to have Dwayne spec out the cam after the flow numbers were in I figured I would let him handle the whole job from his end. Both Ryan and Dwayne are excellent guys who answered alot of questions for me. I almost feel guilty about not sending them to Ryan after the time he spent with me. Both are very knowledgeable and have lots of time at the flow bench. I wouldn't hesitate to use either for any future projects.

Ive heard great things about Dwyane too. Just wonder. I remember Ryan talking about them.

BigEdsGarage said:
John the headers are Hooker Super Comps. Both sides have a slip fit tube in the front to allow them to fit through or in front of the K frame.

Really? My Super Comps look different.

Crank `er up. Let's go for a ride........... 8)

Tony I wasn't aiming for any figures, not sure what it will turn. Its really not too radical so I won't be expecting anything special from it. I'd probably be embarassed to find out :mrgreen: If I get it into the high 11's with this combo I would be thrilled. Still only a little 340 ya know. My old Roadrunner had dipped into the 10's a few times with the 497" so the Duster feels like a slug. Hey, at least it looks good though....LOL

John I have a feeling these are an older set. They came with the car when I bought it years ago and I know they had been sitting around for awhile.

There is nothing like the look of a fresh motor in a clean
engine compartment.
:shock: 11's :shock: nothing special! I'm confused. Also
depressed.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Flow numbers are mild. I wanted to focus on the port velocity and volumetric efficiency rather than huge flow numbers. I've seen big numbers hurt ET's. With the cars current combo I figured this would be more beneficial than going overkill with the heads. I'm happy with the low lift numbers on these heads. I can always go bigger if needed, but hey, stock eliminator cars run faster with less.

.100 63.9/51.1
.200 130.0/105.5
.300 185.5/151.8
.400 230.7/184.3
.450 246.7/192.8
.500 259.5/195.2
.550 264.3/197.6
.600 264.3/198.8
.650 262.7/200.0

Cam specs (custom grind solid)
Intake .549/[email protected] open 19 BTDC close 47 ABDC
Exhaust .556/[email protected] open 57 BBDC close 13 ATDC
lobe seperation 108

Like I said, nothing crazy here. Hope it all works well together.

Tony I think 11's might be tough but thats the goal. It still leaves too soft and short times are in the 1.70 range. We'll see what happens.

Ed how much gear are you running ? What about trans.

You could always swap in a low gear set trans to get her moving alittle faster of the line.

Maybe a Performer RPM intake would help also.

4:56 with a 27" tire. Converter will be a 9" 4200
I already have a Performer RPM that will be bolted up instead of the M1.
The dual plane should help the low rpm torque a bit.

You got spoiled with all the torque that BB stroker made. I dont think its gonna be to soft on the bottom end.

Sounds like a nice street/strip combo to me. :burnout:

Hi Ed,

I love the Duster. I looks great. It sounds like you have a real nice combination going together. Please keep us posted on your progress .... oh, and timeslips too. :D

My older brother owns a 74 Duster, and something about that body style gets my attention.

Also .. hate to be a PITA ..but did you forget about me on the event flyer? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Let me know what I can do on this end to possibly get that going, or if you're super busy I'll have Fineline graphics :roll: :pukel: do it locally ... (your work is much better then their's :thumrigh: )

-
Back