motor plate.

-
wouldn't stainless have the same issue?..i'd probably do aluminum and maybe plan on replacing it in 5 years
All metals will work harden and crack but some faster than others. Steels typically are better in that regard Than aluminum but you can’t always get the grades you might want in large plates. Then then there is the weight and cost to worry about.

All metals will work harden and crack but some faster than others. Steels typically are better in that regard Than aluminum but you can’t always get the grades you might want in large plates. Then then there is the weight and cost to worry about.

B.S. TO A CERTAIN EXTENT , I BOUGHT MY PLATE USED , REWORKED IT A HAIR , ITS BEEN ON MY 68 FASTBACK W/ A 505 IN IT FOR TEN YRS. , AND NO PROBLEMS .

a
shimming the pulleys out to the thickness of the new motor plate , might cause rad . clearance problems . I machined about .260 off my water pump housing, and about .060 off theView attachment 1715594933
front leading edges of my fan clutch fins , they were very un even to start with, and had to use the shortest clutch they make .

this is a big block tho-------
Any pics ?
I wanna put an alternator in my car for street use. 440 with a motor plate.

If he uses fore & aft limiters, he shouldn't have any problems. I'm going to midplate my car when I change engines & keep the limiters.

-
Back