Motor to transmission bracket???

-

B.R.E.Demon

Reaction score
Do you guys still feel a need to run the motor to transmission brackets when you are using it for only racing? Oh FYI the motor is a small block 340.

Yes it's there for a reason. Install it. Please don't say your trying to save weight.

Whats a motor to transmission bracket ?

There's 1 on each side of the motor on a small block that bolts to the trans for add'l support....

Engine to Trans Supports.jpg

they serve a purpose,just like the dust shields on your wheels,but you dont have to have em

Exactly what I'm talking about. what I'm mostly looking for is clearance of the headers but also, yes weight reduction is a factor being for the fact that I'm weight crazy...

hmmm I'll have to dig through the OE parts tub to see if I have any of those , of course if they don't work with headers I won't be able to use them but it would be nice to know I have them .

You need those big time. I have several of those rarely seen seldom talked about always missing insanely heavy struts. Send me your CC number and expiration date, and I'll see that you get a set. These are must haves. Without them the automatic transmission will rip off at the 230hp rating. Stick cars will do it at anything over a 3000 rpm dump. . STOP! do not take a chance, place your order now. I only have a few sets left. You might also consider the tailshaft anti-vibration counter weight. These also are must haves. It will stabilize your automatic and eliminate those scary vibrations that drive passengers to want wild and passionate..... oh never mind you can leave that one off. Just don't pick up any guys OK? I also have the much sought after EGR valves that somehow go missing on so many builds. Mine are low mileage units in excellent working condition if a little grungy looking. Call now,have your credit card number handy. These are getting more expensive by the hour.Just like the seat-belt interlocks on the 74 cars. Has yours been smashed to smithereens like so many others? Call now, I think I only have one left. Another thing you might be interested in is the 5MPH bumpers. I have a real nice set here.I'll let you have those cheap,on account of you are gonna get hit pretty hard for shipping, and I have a big heart for guys needing these. Call now, I get calls every day for these. Nobody can believe how little I am asking for these. Pick up the phone! Call i-900-I Need That Part

Edit; of course I'm just having fun!
Naw I threw my struts away too on account of it was them or the headers. That was in 1999 and 125,000 miles ago and I have a stick-car and the engine probably makes, or has made over 425 ftlbs, and it is all still hanging together just fine.Sorry if I offended you but as the 14th post, I figured I could get away with a little humor.That engine has destroyed transmissions and clutches and rear-ends and U-joints; but the strutless wonder is still hanging together.

Last edited:
"But wait, there's more. Order now and with every order placed in the next 10 minutes, you get a second set free for you next build. Just pay an additional 20.99 shipping and handling"

-
Back