Motorhome trans?

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
I picked up a 413 with a 727 trans form a 1972 motor home,trans has that trans brake on tail housing, is it worth hanging on to or should i scrap it?

Explain what you mean by " trans brake "? Is it possibly an emergency brake drum that you are referring to? Excuse my ignorance, just wondering.

im curious too...b/c to me a "trans brake" is what i launch my drag car with.lol...

I was told that you could remove the motor home tailshaft and put on a passenger car one

SAVE IT .... it has the best parts in it(not the hemi stuff though).

What are you going to do with the 413 ?

It is a good HD trans. that can be converted to car use by disassembling the trans. and installing a car output shaft and extension housing. Definetly don't scrap it.

Thanks guys, i was not sure, but i thought it could be changed over. The 413 will find its way into my dart maybe next year, need to finish the body work first.

I'm not sure about the 413 but 440 motor home engines were the 440-3 which had extra cooling passages in the head and block, but...according to Edelbrock standard heads without the extra cooling passages will work on it. Good score, have you checked into aftermarket piston availablilty?????

What i was going to do is have it bored to make a 426 wedge, they have the same stroke, i know pistons are big bucks no matter how you do it, yes the heads on the engine i tossed, so i need to find good heads for it. The heads and water pump system that was on the engine were ugly!!!!!-- engine only has 50,000 miles on it and looks to be in fine shape.

What i was going to do is have it bored to make a 426 wedge, they have the same stroke, i know pistons are big bucks no matter how you do it, yes the heads on the engine i tossed, so i need to find good heads for it. The heads and water pump system that was on the engine were ugly!!!!!-- engine only has 50,000 miles on it and looks to be in fine shape.

426 wedge, KILLER. If you have a problem finding a set of std heads let me know I have a line on a lot of big block parts at very reasonable prices.

-
Back