Moving to Florida this Weekend

-
Thanks AL. I followed your hurricane thread. You guys got clobbered.

Ive been through the Nantahala gorge a couple of times and I think you guys are close to that. Its beautiful but, yes cold. And this winter was mild.

My wife is a little gun shy since we lived in Biloxi during Hurricane Katrina. We lived about 3/4 mile inland and only had privacy fence blown down and a live oak limb on our roof with minimal damage. But lots of damage everywhere!

Thing now is insurance. We will have a mortgage so we'll need insurance. We'll see how it goes once we get in place and start exploring.

Safe travels and hopefully you'll find your next forever home!!
Yes, real close to Nantahala. And the Cherahala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon. Beautiful here. There is nothing here in town to speak of and an hour to the next nearest town. And the cold !
We're concerned about the Home insurance also, and I hear auto got crazy also. It's nice to be by coast but the storms can do you in !
Again , good luck in your future plans !

Last edited:
Cool, you’ll be working around all those cool gunships? I was there in the late 80s attending an AF course. Got a day at the range calling in fire from those AC130s.

Cool, you’ll be working around all those cool gunships? I was there in the late 80s attending an AF course. Got a day at the range calling in fire from those AC130s.

Ya know, I joined the Air Force in 1984 and didn't know Combat Control or Pararescue existed until I became a recruiter in 1993 or I probably would have gone for it. I was all into my Air Traffic Control radio maintenance job.

-
Back