MP Cylinder Heads question

-

Relax360

Reaction score
So I was wondering if the Aluminum Heads Mopar Peformance offer are as good or better then Eddys? I don't plan to use them out of the box if I need to change springs. Anyone have a set of MP Heads on their Big Block?

Brad

I believe they are Eddy heads with the spark plugs straight instead of angle or the other way angle instead of straight....but they were made by edelbrock

The "452" casting heads? They are cast by Edelbrock for MP. So a decent part but need a look over as you planned. Basically the RPM head with a revised chamber and straight plug... plus the facnt MP logo...lol.

Keep in mind that any aftermarket part will need work. It comes from trying to combine brands from 8 billion different vendors,lol..

Just a reminder, most of your horsepower comes from the heads. Heads are everything.What you start out with is'nt as important as what you end up with.This is an important decision. Talk to Hughes or Indy. Plan the whole build around your heads.

Just a reminder, most of your horsepower comes from the heads. Heads are everything.What you start out with is'nt as important as what you end up with.This is an important decision. Talk to Hughes or Indy. Plan the whole build around your heads.
Please don't forget about the cam...it helps out alot also...8)

Brad,

The MP heads are just like the Ede's except with straight plugs.

If you have any questions about stuff, Call Brian at IMM or PM him, OU812 on the board.

I wouldn't spend time talking with Indy unless you want to be talked down to or treated like you are stupid. Hughes is OK, but, they tend to talk crap about competitors products.

Later

Rob

The stage six heads are decent. It all depends on what combo your running.They will work fine on a standard stroke 440 but if your running a hot stroker over 470 cubes plan on some porting to make them work.Indy would be better in this case.Think of an engine as an air pump.The more air in and out the more power you will make.Them 452 stage 5s out of the box are basically stock with more meat for porting.

There are 7 different casting of the stage vi head. Be sure of what yiou are buying...

The stage six heads are decent. It all depends on what combo your running.They will work fine on a standard stroke 440 but if your running a hot stroker over 470 cubes plan on some porting to make them work.Indy would be better in this case.Think of an engine as an air pump.The more air in and out the more power you will make.Them 452 stage 5s out of the box are basically stock with more meat for porting.

The stage 6's out the of the box suck , don't flow much more than a lightly ported 906, I won't even go into the screwed up machining , you'll be lucky if they even drop on the dowel pins .

The 452's being talked about in this thread are the NEW ALUMINUM heads made by Ebrock for MP, the stage 5 is a CAST IRON head.

just an FYI

The stage 6's out the of the box suck , don't flow much more than a lightly ported 906, I won't even go into the screwed up machining , you'll be lucky if they even drop on the dowel pins .

The 452's being talked about in this thread are the NEW ALUMINUM heads made by Ebrock for MP, the stage 5 is a CAST IRON head.

just an FYI
Mine dropped on the dowel pins just fine. I used them on a standard stroke 440 and they worked good. Car ran well. They were not ported.
Never flowed both heads as a comparison so Ill take your word for it. Im just a few years back in time.When I hear mp 452s I think iron head.

-
Back