Mr Gasket Vertigate question.

-
I don’t think the discussion was ever about an advantage. I’m pretty sure I said (if I didn’t I will say it now because it needs to be said) that the guys whining that in-line shifters shouldn’t be allowed and have H pattern shifters only is just bad policy.

Evidently some guys think there is an advantage. There isn’t. I just prefer in-line shifters and they are not harder to drive than an H pattern.

They are a bit of a pain to mount, which is why I prefer the Ram Rod over the Vertigate. The shifter isn’t much bigger than an H pattern shifter.

Since I can fabricate that doesn’t bother me.
Look newbie... your lame argument keeps looping back around... get a life.. shift your gears how you feel and enjoy... no one cares what you think as you have zero credibility here...

I gave you the redX, for like 5 minutes; cuz
you didn't mention what scale the zero was on, lol.
Or
if by "here", did you mean just you, or can anybody join, lol.
But then I took it back, cuz I didn't want to be a stain on your X-free record, lol
But Com'on, you gotta admit, he's softening the hit every time.
Pretty soon, we might get the
"sorry I came on so strong guys,
I'm new here, so maybe cut me some slack ?"

Last edited:
I gave you the redX, for like 5 minutes; cuz
you didn't mention what scale the zero was on, lol.
Or
if by "here", did you mean just you, or can anybody join, lol.
But then I took it back, cuz I didn't want to be a stain on your X-free record, lol
But Com'on, you gotta admit, he's softening the hit every time.
Pretty soon, we might get the
"sorry I came on so strong guys,
I'm new here, so maybe cut me some slack ?"

You might want to take the beam out of your own eye first.

If jpar treats all new guys like he has done with me he is a bane on this sight. He is downright nasty and you were right behind him.

I don’t take back any red X. Had you and jpar been simple enough to realize I just simply disagreed with you I wouldn’t have needed to give an explanation.

Maybe you ought to reread the thread and see what went wrong. My red X was not a problem unless you are looking for one.

Look newbie... your lame argument keeps looping back around... get a life.. shift your gears how you feel and enjoy... no one cares what you think as you have zero credibility here...
Stfu jpar.

Nobody is gonna take your place in the N&P forum.

He can say what he wants same as you.

And you are common in hot Newbimb Turkey.

If you want a little credit or respect you may want to show some.

You might learn a ton from the guys here.

I didn’t ask for credit or respect. I disagreed with jpar‘s statement.
And he disagreed with yours.

You are the one slinging ❌ all over the place.

Thats fine if that’s what you want to do but it won’t get you far on this forum and I promise you me and j par are not chummy.

I happen to like in line shifters but I most definitely understand why some do not.

That’s their choice, same as yours, same as mine.

And he disagreed with yours.

You are the one slinging ❌ all over the place.

Thats fine if that’s what you want to do but it won’t get you far on this forum and I promise you me and j par are not chummy.

I happen to like in line shifters but I most definitely understand why some do not.

That’s their choice, same as yours, same as mine.

No, he called me out for not explaining to him the simple red X. So I did and that made him cry.

I’m done with this thread. No need to keep going on.

Let's stick a fork in this one. 4 speeds are cool with either shifter. Especially when they aee shifted with the gas pedal flat to the floor : D.

FB_IMG_1695717202048.jpg

FB_IMG_1696901029450.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling that if the Turkey sticks around he will
Learn that the ❌ is kinda rude around here but maybe not.

Have fun speed shifting your one tons and drag racing your three speed sixes.

You are off to a good start .

Wish you well.

You will need it with your demeanor.

This guy may be a newbie to the forum, but he isn't a newbie to stick shift.
There's nothing like leaving off the brake on the hook, absolute rush.

You can call me what you want but I have never shifted a granny one ton without the clutch.

That’s just trashing ****.

I have slick shifted many a ten speed Tranny’s.

There is a big difference.

I love the in-line shifter but they are not for everyone.

It takes a special interest to have one on a street car.

I happen to have one but that’s not for everyone.

I also have to say that if you have a hot motor and cam you are at odds with not running a manual.

At the same time,

Power glide two speeds push the fastest cars.

I can say all this without slinging a ❌ everywhere.

I am happy to see new people coming in but have some something or another.

Not attitude against everyone that does not like your row box.

Ask Jpar if he ever shifted without lifting his right foot :lol:
Ask lead69 if he even has a time slip... :poke:
Then ask yourself what do either of these questions have to do with the price of tea in China....:rolleyes:..

You might want to take the beam out of your own eye first.

If jpar treats all new guys like he has done with me he is a bane on this sight. He is downright nasty and you were right behind him.

I don’t take back any red X. Had you and jpar been simple enough to realize I just simply disagreed with you I wouldn’t have needed to give an explanation.

Maybe you ought to reread the thread and see what went wrong. My red X was not a problem unless you are looking for one.
You put so many words in my mouth. I don't even know where to start..
number one I don't treat all new guys like this. As a matter of fact, most of new guys don't come in just disagreeing with people and leaving nothing. Especially when there's nothing to disagree with. it was just my personal experience. How can you disagree with how I feel about my shifter? ? Maybe it's not the way you feel about the shifter.
If this is the way you plan on making a name for yourself on this forum.... Good luck with that....
People have known me on this forum for more than 10 years. Know that I've shared everything as far as an a body car will go... my engine rebuilds transmission rebuilds four speed and automatic rebuilds. Suspension rebuilds interior rebuild wiring rebuilds. You name it, I've done it here documented. A few years back when I took runner-up in the stick Shift class at the mopar nationals. Oh, that's right with the v gate shifter... where was lead69???...
So lessons learned newbe... you disagree with somebody, at least let them know why and give an explanation. maybe after a few years. You'll get it and maybe you won't some of the unwritten rules that you would learn after time being a j****** right outside the gate isn't a good beginning...
Just because you're new doesn't mean you're not a Dick....

And just because you have been here for for over 10 years doesn’t mean you are not a dick either.

Man I wonder if this guy is going to come back, you guy's are being pretty rough on him.
I don't think that's the way to treat someone with a differing opinion.
At least he uses a clutch, myself thinks a clutch only belongs in a truck. lol

Ask lead69 if he even has a time slip... :poke:
Then ask yourself what do either of these questions have to do with the price of tea in China....:rolleyes:..
All joking aside I wish you would have kept the duster together, we need all the stick cars we can get at the track. And yes, I have shoe boxes full (the wife may have tossed them by now) but the fastest ones are not relevant here since it was big block chevy nova with a th350 lol.

Man I wonder if this guy is going to come back, you guy's are being pretty rough on him.
I don't think that's the way to treat someone with a differing opinion.
At least he uses a clutch, myself thinks a clutch only belongs in a truck. lol
So you must have missed the post where he explains to me. How to use my v gate shifter and how it works...
You know the one that I bought eight years ago with Only a stop for third gear, the one that I welded stops on for second and fourth year. The one that I built the linkage for the 1 that I built the bracket for the 1 that I had in my car for 6 years. Drag Racing and street use that? Apparently I didn't know how to use.
And didn't know how it worked....
On one side of his mouth he tells me that I'm too wimpy to use my shifter or whatever condescending thing he said. And then out of the other side of his mouth cries being treated poorly as a newbie...
Give me a break...

All joking aside I wish you would have kept the duster together, we need all the stick cars we can get at the track. And yes, I have shoe boxes full (the wife may have tossed them by now) but the fastest ones are not relevant here since it was big block chevy nova with a th350 lol.
It hasn't went nowhere. It's just disassembled maybe if I get a different property one day I'll go ahead and paint it. Put new wiring in it and put it back together. one thing I can guarantee, I will not have the V gate in there like I explained before my legs are too long and my right leg gets pinned between the shifter and the steering wheel coming off the gas pedal to the brake. And it's lost its luster....
Also, if I knew that was you talking to Russ. I would have stopped and talked... I just got done talking with Russ a few minutes earlier and didn't want to bug him....

Oh goodness.

Maybe paddle shifters would be easier.

Or is that a giant reverse light switch?

-
Back