Mr Norm's GSS

-

entropy

Reaction score
So... What do you all think about the NEW Mr Norm GSS featured in Mopar Muscle mag?

Not quite the stripped-down ground pounder of the past, but what a bitchin' ride! :supz:

Don't care much for the wheels, I like a more nostalgia look.

The bad part is these guys will be grabbing up all the nice old A bodies, & hammering them into $150,000 rides.

yeah got it yesterday..really schweet man!!!

Beautiful cars, if I won the lottery I would buy one in a heartbeat, but then again, if I won the lottery I would probably build one myself. To me building it is 95% of the fun. They are VERY nice though.

19duster74 said:
Beautiful cars, if I won the lottery I would buy one in a heartbeat, but then again, if I won the lottery I would probably build one myself. To me building it is 95% of the fun. They are VERY nice though.
i can agree to that, working on it yourself is rewarding, knowing the fact that you did it, they are nice cars, and i agree not a fan of the rims but o well. Also i hear the newer kframe is bad, from what ive read

I could never afford it but even if...I don't really like it, something too cheesy about for me.

GSS340 said:
I could never afford it but even if...I don't really like it, something too cheesy about for me.
I'm with ya on the cheesy part, I don't know it its the wheels or the paint. Theres just somthing about it. I think it would have been better with the new style 392 HEMI & 6-speed. It don't matter, they will sell everyone they build.

Luckily, most of the cheese is optional. I could definitely live without the embroidered leather seats and bling rims and that pearl paint could stay in the can, thanks.

Give me one in black with a plain (read: stock) black interior and some 15" Weld wheels and I'd be happy. Of course, for the $150K entry fee, I could build one for much less. But then it wouldn't be an original reproduction would it...

Not a big fan of that car. The wheels and stance are killing that car for me. No maybe its the paint, No its all Three.

I do like that old school Hemi with solid lifter cam and cross ram intake. :thumbup:

That's probably the problem trying to mix the old school with the 4X4 Foose look.

i think the car is stupid and only built for mr.norm to try and pry money outta people... there is nothing special about those cars.. they cut the wheelwells all screwey , the wheels are crappy looking ( on the burnt orange looking car anyway). the int. is really nothing special.. i think the car is a joke.. personally i think any of us could build the car cheaper then the $150,000 that they are asking for it. and best of all it wouldn't have that has been's name all over it...

like i have said in the past... mr. norm may have been the man in the past but now he is a joke screwing people out of their money with his name plastered on a really not so special car...

I can see where they were going with that car, I just think they aren't there yet. The wheels were supposed to look like modern versions of Hurst Wheels, as is the paint, kind of a Hurst gold. I thought a lot on the prototype car was done wihtout much thought. I guess they are going to ake interior emblems like the GTS car had. to me, the grill is too plain and the seats look too cushy for a Dart. I'd build my own GSS clone for $150k.

Nice, but a LOT of other stuff id rather have for that much $$$ AND quite a few cars id rather have also at that pricepoint :)

I hear you guys... it's definitely not worth the cash, and I agree with Joe the wheel wells are cut weird, and the ghetto rims & rubber have got to go... but I am impressed with the restoration. No body filler - 400 hours of body prep... that's straight!

Loose those stupid embroidered logos, and I could easily park my *** on those leather seats any day.

Dual-quad hemi, 4 speed, 4.10 Dana 60, '68 Dart... if yer not wantin' that - step away from the crackpipe.

abodyjoe said:
i think the car is stupid and only built for mr.norm to try and pry money outta people... there is nothing special about those cars.. they cut the wheelwells all screwey , the wheels are crappy looking ( on the burnt orange looking car anyway). the int. is really nothing special.. i think the car is a joke.. personally i think any of us could build the car cheaper then the $150,000 that they are asking for it. and best of all it wouldn't have that has been's name all over it...

like i have said in the past... mr. norm may have been the man in the past but now he is a joke screwing people out of their money with his name plastered on a really not so special car...

Yeah, I'm not really crazy about the car either, but c'mon. I mean you could make the same statement about half the products being sold today.......and not just automotive stuff either. Mr. Norm or anyone else has the right to market a product and if the product is good and appeals to people they will buy it, and if not, they won't. That's kind of it in a nut shell for free enterprise.......the consumer ultimately has the last word. Hey you can't get screwed if you keep your money in your pocket, so if you don't like a particular product......just don't buy it. Just my .02.

-
Back