MRE roller rockers on Trick Flow heads

-
so the .055" sweep is double what it could be? and the sweep area is 0 K . if he runs this mild cam with mild springs long enough, what will go wrong?

How much do those B3RE kits go for?

$180 shipped to the US. International orders the shipping is extra, the amount depends on destination.

If it sounds pricey, consider that it is a custom part made specifically for each engine, and it includes spacers, hold downs, and hardware. Price just some billet aluminum hold downs, and the value of this kit becomes very obvious.

so the .055" sweep is double what it could be? and the sweep area is 0 K . if he runs this mild cam with mild springs long enough, what will go wrong?

What will go wrong? Sounds like famous last words.

If the sweep pattern is double what it SHOULD be, then it is not ok. If you've read the tech articles and you don't get it, that's ok. A lot of people don't. But, the lack of understanding is were a question like "What would go wrong" comes from. That doesn't mean you're not intelligent. It just means the light bulb hasn't turned on yet. When it does, you will know why it is a such a problem, and you wouldn't think of building another engine without making it right.

I agree with AndyF that he could run the rockers he has now and I'm the one that told femtnmax to run the MRE rockers and not to worry about them.

I've no doubt that the B3RE system is a good way to get better geometry and I tried to be supportive of him when they were attempting to crucify him over on Moparts.

In femtnmax's case I think he should run what he has got. Would it be better with the B3RE system? I believe so. If some of you think he just has to have it, why don't you spring for it for him?

Because it's not my job to pay for HIS hobby. BUT, I did try and send him in the right direction.

What the OP did is TYPICAL. He kept fishing until enough people told him what he was doing was "good enough". Good enough for what? After all the money he spent, and he can't front $180.00 USFRN's? He blew his wad on rockers?

Come on.

It's sad that Chrysler guys put up with junk **** like this. Chrysler guys won't spend another $180.00 USFRN's to get something correct, which is better than good enough. If someone didn't torque plate hone his block because it was good enough, would you expect me to pay him to get it done after the fact? If he used a crap valve job, would you want me to spring for his new valve job?

The fact of the matter is this guy is cutting a simple corner.

Again, the OP may not drink the water. Hopefully, someone else may come along, read this thread and not cut the corner.

I hope the OP does the right thing and refuses to settle for good enough.

-
Back