MRL Performance 340, WOW!

-
You're correct Stixx, but my problem is the cases where the dyno 2 dyno numbers are more than 1-2% off . IE Dyno 1 says 480 hp and same engine on Dyno 2 says 520 hp that's almost 8.5% difference. I am not saying that's the case here but if you watch this stuff like a hawk like I do you can find many examples. Always watch the tq/ci figure. There are 3 dyno shops in my area and the one that makes the customer the warmest and fuzziest is the busiest. Hint--It ain't mine. J.Rob

I can get that done on the SAME dyno, the same day. Real simple. Get to the weather station, isolate it with a vaporizer. Like magic it make 7-10% more corrected power.

It takes a lot less than 530hp to push a 3200# A body to 114mph. 530 at 3200 should be north of 120 and closer to 125.

Go watch reruns of Pass Time if you want to see inflated hp numbers and crappy MPH. :)

I can get that done on the SAME dyno, the same day. Real simple. Get to the weather station, isolate it with a vaporizer. Like magic it make 7-10% more corrected power.

It takes a lot less than 530hp to push a 3200# A body to 114mph. 530 at 3200 should be north of 120 and closer to 125.

Go watch reruns of Pass Time if you want to see inflated hp numbers and crappy MPH. :)

I wasn't commenting on what a 530 hp engine should run at all, just making some comparisons. My weather station is mounted to the absorber stand itself and can't really be influenced very easily at all. Agree on PassTime. J.Rob

But it still doesn't take into account that on the dyno it is just the engine, often with an electric water pump etc. Installed in the car there is air cleaner, full exhaust, water pump, alternator and what not. It's like the endless discussion of gross and net horsepower. So it is much more than just 18% loss, realisitically.

No. The old amoroso did take those into account.

-
Back