MRL Performance 505 Street Killer

-

MRL Performance

Reaction score
So, you remember this little guy here right? http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=230105

Well its hot off the dyno And Im VERY happy with the results! Here is the basic run down

440 4.350x4.250 = 505
Mahle flat top pistons
PEP 7.100 I beam rods
RPM heads w/2.19-1.81 valves
MRL Stage 3 porting
Victor intake, untouched right out of the box
Custom Solid Roller cam 255/[email protected]" .625" lift ***LSA
MRL Performance Pro Sport lifters
Quick Fuel Black Diamond 830 carb w/choke
Melling HV oil pump
7qt oil pan w/ 3/8 pickup
Mallory 42 Series dist and coil
HV mech fuel pump

Power. You want power? How about torque? Do you like to have a torque Monster for the street? Yes and Yes you say? Well here you go!

How about 600+TQ from 3700-5700rpm and 640+TQ from 4000-5150rpm! This engine carries peak torque from 4250-4600rpm! FLAT and I Mean F-L-A-T!

And power, hows 600+hp from 4850rpm on up. This engine hit 500HP at 4000rpm and hit 600hp at 4850rpm!!!!

Now how about the A/F and BSFC. A/F was in the 12.7-12.9 range thru the entire run. BSFC was from .350-.410 the entire run. Waste not Want not! It was run Super efficiently and we were not wasting any fuel. Not to bad for a 10.9 to 1 engine running 93 Octane gas from the local Shell station! The VE Peaked at 98.9%, but was over 90% for the entire dyno run.

This is a real Street Killer. Idles at 950rpm pulling 11-12inches of vacuum, Fires right up with no issues, just hit the key and fry some tires.

Plus all runs were at a Realistic 180* coolant temp and an Air Cleaner! Not all runs had an air cleaner, we wanted to get the air flow data and the VE% for tuning, then we put the air cleaner on and made some puls, we lost ZERO power. Nothing Tricky, just a Hard Core Street Killer From MRL Performance, your Mopar Manic that can get it done!

All this for $11,500 complete Carb to Oil Pan, Dynoed and ready to run in your car. This one is heading out west, But I would Love to make YOU one too!

For those of you who are in the know about A/F vs BSFC, It DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS WITH A CARBED BBM. This engine was designed to run as efficiently as possible on the street with this much power. I dare you to find ANYONE who can do better!

Attachments

• Mike C BBM.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,315
  • Mike C 505 dyno graph0001.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Mike C 505 Dyno sheet0001.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,284
JESUS! that thing is a rocket. extremely simple engine that should get a street weight a-body into the 10s no prob. thats a killer price too.

JESUS! that thing is a rocket. extremely simple engine that should get a street weight a-body into the 10s no prob. thats a killer price too.
glad to read about this combo., same thing I`m building w/ the exception of he carb, I`m going to run a 950 quickfuel. the cam even specs almost identicle. Iwill probably be buying a set of ur roller lifters too.
GOOD JOB GUYS!! ---------------bob:D:D:D

Mike,

Wow, it did run awesome. I can vouch for the engine looking just as good as in the picture as in person. Its amazing what you do at your little shop.

Now don't you have some small blocks to work on? :poke:

I have had in depth convo's with another engine builder about the eddy victor intakes. he was telling me that there is alot of power to be found in them with port/blending and plenum work. do you think there is more in it with a worked intake? what size primary tube was used on the dyno? 2 1/8" im guessing?

How bad would it kill the power for the street if you substituted
440 Source CNC heads (for the stealth) and Comps biggest
hydraulic roller?

2" headers. I have done a lot of porting on these intakes and the most power I have found was 15-20HP in a "all out" type build. Its not a lot of gain for the amount of work you have to put into them. Porting an intake takes a LONG time, sometimes its not worth the time and money. At $50hr, it adds up quick.

How bad would it kill the power for the street if you substituted
440 Source CNC heads (for the stealth) and Comps biggest
hydraulic roller?

Send me a check, Ill build it and let you know LOL

Im not sure on the CNC Stealth heads, never seen or flowed them. Im not sure what you mean on the cam, are you refering to the biggest off the shelf cam?

Send me a check, Ill build it and let you know LOL

Im not sure on the CNC Stealth heads, never seen or flowed them. Im not sure
what you mean on the cam, are you refering to the biggest off the shelf cam?

I'm thinking the very streetable: Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Retrofit Cam .549/.544

Don't think that I can't bang off that check. Just need the right body to put it into.

LOL my ***.

I'm thinking the very streetable: Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Retrofit Cam .549/.544

Don't think that I can't bang off that check. Just need the right body to put it into.

LOL my ***.

Best Guess on power with that cam 600hp/615tq and less street-ability, 7-9 inches of vacuum at idle .

Thats a good deal Mike. Excellent power at a great price. How much power do you think it would cost to loose the Victor intake and go with an RPM or a Torker II? For me and alot of other guys, having an engine that fits under the stock flat hood is a huge plus. How much would shipping to Connecticut cost?

????

That's why I was thinking hydraulic roller.

Durability comparison?

I should let Mike speak to this, but I see know durability problem at all with the solids........especially in that working rpm range. Other then a few clearance checks, no difference to me. Maybe check spring pressures after many miles, but on a performance engine, I do it no matter what style lifter I run.

Its all in the dynamics of the cam. Hydraulic cams have more overall duration than solid cams with the same or close specs at .050". The longer the valve is open, the rougher it will idle. Plus the power band is not going to be as broad.

Thats a good deal Mike. Excellent power at a great price. How much power do you think it would cost to loose the Victor intake and go with an RPM or a Torker II? For me and alot of other guys, having an engine that fits under the stock flat hood is a huge plus. How much would shipping to Connecticut cost?

Never ran a Torker, but the RPM will still make the torque no problem. HP wise I have found the RPM will hang with the Victor up to 625HP. So Im going to say 625/650 with the RPM intake. Shipping to your door, maybe $350-$450??? I would have to call and find out. Zip? Business or home?

Hey Mike, if I PM you on my LSA guess, would you tell me if i'm close? :smile:.
I'm not building anything or competing against you, just curious. Oh yea, and my lips would be sealed.

[ame]http://youtu.be/djzslPKoqI4[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/jPpsbWa0dd8[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/ykQo39iAVJI[/ame]

-
Back