MS3 Pro Sequential Injection + Coil near plug conversion thread

-
The car is running really well...I only have made one change, to an AEM wideband, which almost immediately fixed all the driveability issues.

I've been getting about 13 mpg, used to get about 11.5 with the carb in the same type of driving, but this is short trips and a lot of stomping on it. I can probably further refine my tune to help with that somewhat.

Sweet!

I am stoked to get my MS2 back up on the stimulator, reflashed and communicating again with tunerstudio after a long hibernation on the garage shelf in a forgotton box. Hint: when using the uber cheap $1.88 shipped USB-serial adapter cables (if needed) slide the transmit /receive buffer sliders in Windows to '1' under "Com port/properties/port settings/advanced" and use 9600 baud (MS1) to start. you can ramp this up until you reach 115200 that's spec for MS2. Anything higher than 1 halted my com port..? I liked the real serial cable on my old RS232 equipped laptop, bullet proof!

download all your photobucket pics down to your pc and upload to FABO web board with the photo tool. Then hook up Joey with a Gold membership! ;-)

Where did you pass the harness through the firewall? How did you seal it?

What did you use for relays and fused?

I'd look at the pictures, but I can't and didn't see it referenced in the text.

Thanks!

I'm beginning to think @goldduster318 is ignoring me. :(

Just joking. Reviewing some of these threads and had forgotten I asked some questions.

Good news is the pictures are showing up again. :thumbsup:

Any changes? Any idea what kind of MPG you are getting on the highway?

Hey, sorry, sometimes I see the alerts and end up getting side-tracked before I can reply.

I have some fuse holders and relays all by the battery as shown. Relays are under the battery, there are two. I used a 30A fuse and a 70A relay for the fuel pump as its an Aeromotive A340 which supposedly draws 14A. The third fuse is an additional 15A to protect the injector harness independent of the fuel pump and it's after the relay so they turn on the same way. The ECU fuse is 2A.
2NiOTjkK95c_lZN79nWYfDmGKX8Gr1CYVeBj0z0rCWxRhT6eFRWPxgekQgtR-AgJgAHq0XK1=w703-h937-no?authuser=1.jpg

upload_2021-4-28_19-55-11.png

The circuit is basically this from the manual except I have an extra fuse as mentioned on the injectors due to the huge fuel pump and not wanting to run huge wiring back there.

I didn't do a highway run yet, but just local driving (some stop and go, 45-55mph roads mostly), its in the 15-16 range with the T56 magnum transmission. So with a regular 4-speed it was about 14. Between my job and the pandemic it hasn't gone on a real road trip though I may go on a leg or two of Power Tour this year since its not terribly far away.

Hey, sorry, sometimes I see the alerts and end up getting side-tracked before I can reply.

I have some fuse holders and relays all by the battery as shown. Relays are under the battery, there are two. I used a 30A fuse and a 70A relay for the fuel pump as its an Aeromotive A340 which supposedly draws 14A. The third fuse is an additional 15A to protect the injector harness independent of the fuel pump and it's after the relay so they turn on the same way. The ECU fuse is 2A.
View attachment 1715730194
View attachment 1715730193
The circuit is basically this from the manual except I have an extra fuse as mentioned on the injectors due to the huge fuel pump and not wanting to run huge wiring back there.

I didn't do a highway run yet, but just local driving (some stop and go, 45-55mph roads mostly), its in the 15-16 range with the T56 magnum transmission. So with a regular 4-speed it was about 14. Between my job and the pandemic it hasn't gone on a real road trip though I may go on a leg or two of Power Tour this year since its not terribly far away.

No worries! I just thought it was funny I had forget I even asked questions.

Thanks for the update!

-
Back