MSD and Autogage problems

-

dustaar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 408 Duster with an MSD Ready to run distributor and a Blaster 2 coil. The car runs great but I wanted to get an MSD 6al cd box. After doing some research on the computer, I found that my Autogage 233904 tach might not work without buying a $55 MSD tach adapter.

I called Autogage and the guy said that since I had bought an "entry level tach" there was a 50% chance as to whether it would work or not. He said I would just have to buy the box and try it. I called MSD and they were even less helpful.

Has anyone here had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks in advance,
Dustaar

P.S. Anyone needing a tach might want to think twice before buying an Autogage.

Better yet, maybe an adapter to have to work, like the instructions say you might have to , depending on the tach.

I use to have a msd 6a with a auto gage tach with shift light on my old 70 dart and i didnt use an adapter and it worked

Thats exactely what i've got on my '70 duster i'm plugged into the tach lead on the 6al box..

I'm using an Autogauge tach with my MSD6AL, no concerns at all. I have had to buy a tach adapter when I hooked up the factory tach in a 1968 Charger when using the MSD6AL box.

-
Back