MSD Atomic EFI/Holley Avenger EFI

-

This Bad Demon

Reaction score
I done some searching on both systems, but didn't find anything on here about those systems. Do anyone know of someone using it or have any experience with either one?

Can't help you on that but how's that motor workin for you?

I have a Holley Commander 950. I understand that the Avenger is very similar in regards to sensors and control outputs, but instead of needing a PC it has a hand-held input with a few VCR-like buttons. It also has an auto-tune feature. For both, there are TBI and MPFI versions, but I don't think that affects the controller, just the harness. I think the last version of Holley's "Pro-jection 4Di" is very similar to the Commander.

I don't know about the MSD Atomic, just heard of it. I wonder if it is a re-labelled version from another manufacturer. Is that one of the TBI's made to look like a Holley carburetor?

Can't help you on that but how's that motor workin for you?

Well I run out of time to be in the states, but we did get the engine running.....Did run into problems with the valve job that was done to the heads previous to me buying them....Basically the rockers were contacting the retainers....So he's going try some lash caps and different retainers to see if that will work.....It did sound good minus the rocker noise for the couple of minutes it was running...

the msd atomic is fairly new...just came out around the first of the year...

The FAST EZ EFI has been out the longest of the self tuning systems and I have seen several test articles and they all have been very positive.

The FAST EZ EFI has been out the longest of the self tuning systems and I have seen several test articles and they all have been very positive.

With the Fast system I see you have to have a fuel return line. Could I use the vapor return line with a sending unit that has a return line for that or would I have to fab up the tank? It is a little cheaper :hello1: than the MSD or Holley system....

[FONT=Could I use the vapor return line with a sending unit that has a return line for that or would I have to fab up the tank? [/FONT]

I think all TBI and MPFI fuel systems require a return line, unless you have a "pump-in-tank" system. That is because the pumps are all positive displacement and you can't just return it just to the upstream side (i.e. pump bypass) since that would overheat the fuel.

Many posts on how to plumb the fuel lines. Search FABO. I used a newer sending unit w/ 1/4" return line, as you suggest. Read my post.

the msd atomic does not use a return line....

I can say that the Fast Ez Efi works amazingly well. I have had it on my 440 in my swinger for over two years now without a single issue. The car runs consistant mid 11's and fires up with just a touch of the key. For the return line I simply used the original fuel feed line and rerouted it to one of the emissions vapor nipples on the side of the tank. The kit comes with about ten feet of Earls fuel line to plum the injection with. It was a very simple install. Havent heard anything good or bad about the new msd system, I do know that if you want to mount the ecm inside of the car, you have to buy the "extension" harness. The fast system comes with more than enough wiring to install it under the dash and it doesnt cost any extra.

"Ok.....I just finish reading your post......Do you have any pics on how you mounted the fuel pump and run ya fuel line? Have you gotten to put many miles on it yet? How is the comparison with that and ya old carb you had?"

This bad demon - sorry for the delay.. I got really busy with work..I will take some pics for you tomorrow and post them.

I have not had a chance to put a lot of miles on yet..It is still learning (Very "Christine" like...looks like the car is alive during initial start up)..It revs high then low..Idle jumps all over but after a while smooths out..I was running really rich with my old holley carb and could never get it adjusted just right..Air/fuel seems to be right on point and throttle response is also nice..Pics to come..

I can say that the Fast Ez Efi works amazingly well. I have had it on my 440 in my swinger for over two years now without a single issue. The car runs consistant mid 11's and fires up with just a touch of the key. For the return line I simply used the original fuel feed line and rerouted it to one of the emissions vapor nipples on the side of the tank. The kit comes with about ten feet of Earls fuel line to plum the injection with. It was a very simple install. Havent heard anything good or bad about the new msd system, I do know that if you want to mount the ecm inside of the car, you have to buy the "extension" harness. The fast system comes with more than enough wiring to install it under the dash and it doesnt cost any extra.

Ok the Fast system sounds like a good deal.....How much over you think you spent over the asking price on the system? Also say I had a prob with the system that I would have to send it in to fix, could the regulator be turned down to accept the low pressure used to run a carb? Over here in The Bahamas I have to have a back up plan in case things break and I don't want my car down for months....

"Ok.....I just finish reading your post......Do you have any pics on how you mounted the fuel pump and run ya fuel line? Have you gotten to put many miles on it yet? How is the comparison with that and ya old carb you had?"

This bad demon - sorry for the delay.. I got really busy with work..I will take some pics for you tomorrow and post them.

I have not had a chance to put a lot of miles on yet..It is still learning (Very "Christine" like...looks like the car is alive during initial start up)..It revs high then low..Idle jumps all over but after a while smooths out..I was running really rich with my old holley carb and could never get it adjusted just right..Air/fuel seems to be right on point and throttle response is also nice..Pics to come..

Ok....Do you think that the computer will develop problems from heat rising when motor is off, somethin similar to how the lean burn systems would do? How much over the asking price did you pay for the system?

-
Back