MSD E-curve

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got this to try it out and see how things work and go. But I noticed the instructions are not just vague, it’s closer to reading instructions for a different distributor all together. Making notations to set up the distributors vacuum advance using letters A through T with no letters present on the distributor.

In the initial set up the instructions say to set the rotary switches to 1 & 7. Which in is which and where the arrow to point where it’s set at?

Same for RPM limiter.

This should help also. Skip to 5:58 for ecurve how to.

So, you set the switches at 1,7 this is locked timing. Start the engine and set the static timing to the most timing you’ll ever run (plus vacuum advance). Then select an amount of “centrifugal electronic” advance and a rate of that advance and the corresponding letter given to it on a graph. That will give you the column to choose from. Then select the amount and rate of vacuum advance and that tells you how far down (1-5 on the vacuum advance chart) to read in that letters column. And it will give you switch 1-2 positions. Sounds very confusing but after looking at the charts it seems pretty easy.

The rpm limiter is just 5-10, so for a 7000 rpm limit set it to position 7.

Thanks fellas. I did t watch the video yet as dinner is about to be served up.

The instructions do not say which is switch 1 or 2.
The graph….. follow letter whatever and set there for the vacuum advance curve as shown in fig.# whatever. Got it.

There is a picture in the instructions showing switch 1 and switch 2. Switch one is closest to the rpm limiter switch. Which stands alone by itself.

Following

Hey Rumble,
Let us know how it works, curious about fitment. I had heard these interfere with the wiper motor on an A body. Looking forward to your results!

Following

Hey Rumble,
Let us know how it works, curious about fitment. I had heard these interfere with the wiper motor on an A body. Looking forward to your results!
Will do. A couple more days as more pressing things are in the way.

Following

Hey Rumble,

mine is real close to my 68 3-speed wiper.

also, I had to run a oil filled MSD blaster coil to get it to work. The digital e-coil did now work. They may have fixed that by now.

mines been running since 2011. I don’t use the vacuum advance.

7516259-4_22_11Sm8.jpg

4_22_11sm3-jpg.jpg

4_22_11sm7-jpg.jpg

2_27_11sm02-jpg.jpg

2_27_11sm03-jpg.jpg

2_27_11sm11-jpg.jpg

Dont know if these instructions have changed:

http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/547-8394.pdf

Last edited:
The MSD ready to run, probably the same height.
It’s a tight fit.
‘67 Cuda/360

71DFA9FC-3B9F-4249-9D2E-59FC5D689097.jpeg
BB37518E-EF79-4A92-B815-62E16C1697D7.jpeg
DF126DAA-A338-4B1B-8DEE-D5A5B530957C.jpeg
A2B9C299-BA2F-42B3-B2C2-2ACBCA3D1E38.jpeg

Thanks for the responses guys, looking forward to results.

I pulled the trigger on one of these myself, spoke with a tech Gentlemen at MSD named Ray about them. Very pleasant and very helpful guy, seemed quite knowledgeable on the units. These are out of stock at MSD for unknown amount of time due to hardened steel shortage. MSD can not get the needed materials used in making the shafts. I went on to Amazon.ca and was fortunate there was one left, which I promptly grabbed. It is sure getting difficult to find stuff. Anyway, I look forward to the distributor and springtime. I THINK I may be starting to understand the instructions.

-
Back